Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 09-Aug-2009, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Aug-2009, 03:59 PM)

I don't think anyone's expecting you to 'sputter off,' but I do think this is a forum that allows equal voice to all. And I don't think I've seen anything that bans speculation based on information.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I often am, or am told so. Mostly because I'm also in the 'old fartess' category.

It does allow equal voice, first of all. And that includes my voice, which says there have been some very outraged and pointedly accusatory statements made here that may or may not hold water about what has happened, when we don't know yet. Speculation is certainly not banned -- speculation even about descent into totalitarian censorship -- but it may be in error, so outraged accusations are at the very least premature. When we know for sure that we have been cut off because of the politically objectionable nature of our commentary, that's the time to scream First Amendment violation.

For what it's worth, being a "fart" is not always tied to age, and being old is not in itself a reason to be wrong. But that is a very general observation, and not aimed at anyone in particular.

I understand. I shall return to my silent, lurking status then and keep my mouth shut.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Aug-2009, 04:45 PM)
I'm still here, FWIW. Just watching to see what's going on. I imagine if Paul gets more info, he'll post it here.

I don't doubt the validity of Paul's contact.

It just scares me to think what awful shape this country is going to be in after this four year term is over.

I share your concerns. We are a year from legislative elections so there is hope.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (SCShamrock @ 09-Aug-2009, 10:19 AM)
Before you Obama supporters reply in defense of your messiah, remember how you blame(d) GWB for EVERYFRICKINTHING.

I see its a habit you've picked up very well indeed Shamrock....a contagion perhaps? Those who lambasted Bush the most (calling him "The Shrub") don't even post on the political forums any longer.

On a related note, I do think its rather interesting that this thread is entitled "Obama Blocks Celtic Radio" as if he were personally involved, when according to what we know so far, the site is blocked at a military ISP for unknown reason(s).

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Aug-2009, 05:17 PM)
[/QUOTE]
I understand. I shall return to my silent, lurking status then and keep my mouth shut.

One should always be free to speak their opinion and yours is every bit as good as anyone elses!

Hang in there

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Aug-2009, 04:17 PM)

Sad, and a loss to the forum, but your own choice. As long as you attribute it to self-censorship and nothing more.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Antwn @ 09-Aug-2009, 05:22 PM)
I see its a habit you've picked up very well indeed Shamrock....a contagion perhaps? Those who lambasted Bush the most (calling him "The Shrub") don't even post on the political forums any longer.

On a related note, I do think its rather interesting that this thread is entitled "Obama Blocks Celtic Radio" as if he were personally involved, when according to what we know so far, the site is blocked at a military ISP for unknown reason(s).

I called him that and I post!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 09-Aug-2009, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Aug-2009, 04:17 PM)

Sad, and a loss to the forum, but your own choice. As long as you attribute it to self-censorship and nothing more.

Sadly, self-censorship has nothing to do with it. Your post was very clear on the subject.

thanks
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Wallacegal;
I'm an old fart and I'm always right. That is except when I'm wrong. Freedom of speech is fundamental to any free society. Being an outsider I am not that aware of the ins and outs of your First Ammendment but I am assuming it is much like our Freedom of Speech clause in our Charter of Rights. There is a slight difference though in that we have freedom of speech until it violates the hate laws. Other than that I can say what I want and I defy anyone to say I can't. If you have an opinion about a topic it is your right to express it. Within the proper decorums of course. If Celtic Radio is blocked from the Armed Services and it is because of our commentaries then shame on those responsible. The problem right now is of course we are lacking explicit information as to what is happening.

Camac.

stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Aug-2009, 04:29 PM)

Sadly, self-censorship has nothing to do with it. Your post was very clear on the subject.

thanks

If you say you're going to go back to lurking silently and keeping your mouth shut, how is that not self-censorship -- assuming you want to participate -- when no one else is consigning you to that role?
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 09-Aug-2009, 04:26 PM)
I called him that and I post!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Thank you Patch, I stand corrected, but on that point only.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I seem to recall seeing a post earlier that has been deleted -- if I remember it correctly -- having to do with the "snitch" link, and the implication that the snitching would then have to be coming from inside the membership. First of all, there are probably thousands of unregistered non-members viewing this site each week, not including the "bots"; then, to my knowledge, the politics forum is not concealed (if it is, mods please correct me); and finally, this would be a very divisive and problematic observation to be making. In a destructive direction similar to yelling "Fire!" in an occupied theater.
PMEmail Poster               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I generally do not get involved with politics. I have to say that this is very unfair. This does not sound like democracy to me.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You are welcome.

I suspect Paul has a much better idea than we do. I knew it was proposed but did not know the "Judas" site was actually established.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Faerydreamer @ 09-Aug-2009, 06:09 PM)
I generally do not get involved with politics. I have to say that this is very unfair. This does not sound like democracy to me.

I believe most are concerned at even the "hint" of a First Amendment infringement.

Thanks for your opinion!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

user posted image
[url=http://www.demotivateus.com]Demotivate
[/url]

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]