> Stupid Things You Have Done
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jul-2004, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Okay, I don' t want to feel alone here. Want to know other people have done dumb things too.

well my latest dumb thing was that I ordered a piece of jewelry on line from Scotland. I saw it in pounds...............didn't look bad to me! But when stupid here got the piece of jewelry (luckenbooth) and the bill added up to $70.00! I was horrified and appalled! I know this is all my fault for not checking further into US versus UK conversions, but I really wanted this piece and because it came from Scotland. I swear now after finding out how much it cost me, I don't think I will ever take this piece of jewelry off and may even put it in my will! laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 02-Jul-2004, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Jul-2004, 01:17 AM)
Okay, I don' t want to feel alone here. Want to know other people have done dumb things too.

well my latest dumb thing was that I ordered a piece of jewelry on line from Scotland. I saw it in pounds...............didn't look bad to me! But when stupid here got the piece of jewelry (luckenbooth) and the bill added up to $70.00! I was horrified and appalled! I know this is all my fault for not checking further into US versus UK conversions, but I really wanted this piece and because it came from Scotland. I swear now after finding out how much it cost me, I don't think I will ever take this piece of jewelry off and may even put it in my will! laugh.gif

But Rose-of-the-desert, you DESERVE nice jewlery, so this is not a mistake at all. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 02-Jul-2004, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

WAY BACK WHEN . . .

We rolled (threw toilet paper into the trees) the rival high school one Sunday night. It took us, a team of 6, almost three hours to do the deed. Around 100 rolls of toilet paper. It was a magnificent job if I do say so. Absolute artwork.

But the next morning we got cocky and proud. At 7 am, when students were arriving at their school, we drove up, stood by the flagpole (where a piece of ladies' undergarments were flying in the breeze) and took a picture. We were proud of our achievement and wanted it captured for all time in a photo.

The principal of the school was less than enthused about it. Hearing about us he obtained a yearbook from our school, took that yearbook to local grocery stores, pointed at our pictures, and asked if anyone remembered someone looking like us purchasing a large quantiity of toilet paper. The 6 or so stores we had visited all remembered us and were able to make the identifications.

Needless to say the 6 of us were "requested" by the authorities to spend the next evening cleaning up our mess to avoid any fines or jail time.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jul-2004, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maisky @ 02-Jul-2004, 06:00 AM)
QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Jul-2004, 01:17 AM)

well my latest dumb thing was that I ordered a piece of jewelry on line from Scotland. I saw it in pounds...............didn't look bad to me! But when stupid here got the piece of jewelry (luckenbooth) and the bill added up to $70.00! I was horrified and appalled! I know this is all my fault for not checking further into US versus UK conversions, but I really wanted this piece and because it came from Scotland. I swear now after finding out how much it cost me, I don't think I will ever take this  piece of jewelry off  and may even put it in  my will!  laugh.gif

But Rose-of-the-desert, you DESERVE nice jewlery, so this is not a mistake at all. biggrin.gif

Yes, Maisky! That is what I keep telling myself now! LOL!

Shamalama...........too funny! laugh.gif

Gosh! I have done many stupid things, why can't I think of them now. I am sure I will and probably be the top poster in this thread! laugh.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-Jul-2004, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I would have to say that the stupidest thing I've ever done was when I was in 8th grade. All the boys were gonna go out trick-or-treating together (armed with shaving cream, squirt guns filled with grape juice and eggs, naturally). I overheard that the girls of our class were gonna ambush us, so we agreed to meet at one of the boys' house (he lived close to the house where the girls were meeting). When the girls came out, it wasn't a battle, it was a slaughter biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
VetteGal 
Posted: 02-Jul-2004, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 02-Jul-2004, 04:56 PM)
I would have to say that the stupidest thing I've ever done was when I was in 8th grade. All the boys were gonna go out trick-or-treating together (armed with shaving cream, squirt guns filled with grape juice and eggs, naturally). I overheard that the girls of our class were gonna ambush us, so we agreed to meet at one of the boys' house (he lived close to the house where the girls were meeting). When the girls came out, it wasn't a battle, it was a slaughter biggrin.gif .

So I take it you guys lost!!!!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif angel_not.gif

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jul-2004, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

laugh.gif laugh.gif Pretty funny, Vettegirl!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-Jul-2004, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

No, we won. There were more boys than girls in my class, and we outflanked them.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jul-2004, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well how could I have forgotten this one? When I flew to California last week, I paid attention to the rows that my vehicle was parked in but didn't realize there was an east and west parking lot, even though it said on my parking pass........duh! I discovered t his when I found my car! So when I arrive back in Phoenix and in baggage claim, I am like duh! What parking lot do I go to, east or west. I had to ask information and luckily the shuttle took me to it, but I felt so stupid! I fly back out there in August and this time I will pay more attention! I swear I could take up this whole thread of dumb things I have done. rolleyes.gif
maisky 
Posted: 05-Jul-2004, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-Jul-2004, 06:51 PM)
Well how could I have forgotten this one?  When I flew to California last week, I paid attention to the rows that my vehicle was parked in but didn't realize there was an east and west parking lot, even though it said on my parking pass........duh! I discovered t his when I found my car!  So when I arrive back in Phoenix and in baggage claim, I am like duh!  What parking lot do I go to, east or west. I had to ask information and luckily the shuttle took me to it, but I felt so stupid!  I fly back out there in August and this time I will pay more attention!  I swear I could take up this whole thread  of dumb things I have done.  rolleyes.gif

At least you got the right airport. I was boarding a shuttle flight in Salt Lake City one day, one of several boarding side by side. You guessed it, I wound up at John Wayne (Orange county) rather than Burbank. DUH! The airline had to fly me to the correct airport, since the Attendant at the plane didn't catch my messup. biggrin.gif

One thing I did correctly: I watched the Cubs beat their good friends, the Southside Losers 3 times over the holiday weekend. Nice sweep Cubs! thumbs_up.gif
This is a relatively friendly rivalry between the Cubs and Sox.

This post has been edited by maisky on 05-Jul-2004, 07:40 AM
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 05-Jul-2004, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 05-Jul-2004, 05:11 AM)
At least you got the right airport.  I was boarding a shuttle flight in Salt Lake City one day, one of several boarding side by side.  You guessed it, I wound up at John Wayne (Orange county) rather than Burbank. DUH! The airline had to fly me to the correct airport, since the Attendant at the plane didn't catch my messup.  biggrin.gif

One thing I did correctly:  I watched the Cubs beat their good friends, the Southside Losers 3 times over the holiday weekend.  Nice sweep Cubs! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks alot for reminding me, Maisky. censored.gif Cubs!!!

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 05-Jul-2004, 01:50 PM

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
maisky 
Posted: 05-Jul-2004, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 05-Jul-2004, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (maisky @ 05-Jul-2004, 05:11 AM)
At least you got the right airport.  I was boarding a shuttle flight in Salt Lake City one day, one of several boarding side by side.  You guessed it, I wound up at John Wayne (Orange county) rather than Burbank. DUH! The airline had to fly me to the correct airport, since the Attendant at the plane didn't catch my messup.  biggrin.gif

One thing I did correctly:  I watched the Cubs beat their good friends, the Southside Losers 3 times over the holiday weekend.  Nice sweep Cubs! thumbsup.gif

Thanks alot for reminding me, Maisky. censored.gif Cubs!!!

You are MORE than welcome, Mike. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 05-Jul-2004, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

I was 15 yrs old, and on hot summer days when school was out, there were the occasions when I had little to nothing to do. Sometimes I would go to the end of our front yard, kind of a slope off into the road, and sit with my dog and watch the world go by. One time while sitting there, I had my lighter in hand, and since we had not had much rain at the time, the grass was starting to turn brown and was very dry. I lit a small patch of grass, let it grow just a bit, then tamped it out with my hand. I then lit two patches, and stamped them out too. Then three, then four, till I had too many to put out. They were growing faster than I could get to them, and soon I had made a roaring blaze out of our front yard. hurriedly, I went to get the water hose and hooked it up and ran with it. Sadly, it was too short to reach the now California-style grass fire. So I went across the street to the local garage to borrow another hose to connect to mine. I was met by a gaggle of hysterical older men who had witnessed the whole thing, and had to decipher through their laughter the location of the hose. By the time I got the other hose across the street, the flames had advanced close enough to my original water hose that now I not only had enough hose to reach, but I also had to move considerably closer to the house to avoid being burned by this bonfire which was now raging hot due to the wind. Just about the time I thought the flames would reach the house, the wind shifted and that nearly stopped the flames from advancing. I got the fire out, but my pride had suffered devastating injuries. Not to mention the explaining I had to do when my mother got home.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]