Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
239,784 Gold!

The Stone Soup Band - Based on the legendary children's fable, Stone Soup Band is a blend of musicians from various area Irish Traditional and Celtic Rock bands. Their combined skills offer a full spectrum of musical emotions, which include the high energy sound of razor sharp ancient reels and jigs, blues/jazz interpretations of lively Traditional Irish tunes and the foot stomping, hand clapping, audience singing roar of Celtic Rock.

Featuring

Albert Papp: (AKA I.B. - Iron Baron) I.B. is the Baron of Revelwood, from whence the band all hail. He has extensive training and vast knowledge of the keyboards (which is why he feels it should be the loudest instrument.) All the band members agree that he has the longest and softest hair.

Bill McDevitt: (AKA The Vicar) The Vicar started his musical career playing in a Catholic church guitar mass (first public performances) and has since then recovered. He credits his strong Irish Catholic background And Mrs. Marcelli as his influence on music.

Scott Malone: (AKA Q) To begin with, Q is an enigma. He has an Associates Degree in Art. (Will that be for here or to go?) Q is the dictator of the band's practices, pushing them until it meets his standards of excellence. He plays the concert flute, penny whistle, tenor and alto sax, clarinet, oboe, bassoon and harp, to name a few.

Mike Hunter: (AKA Mike The Mage) Mike, who grew up around many musicians, was destined to play the guitar, and a strange one at that. Along with playing the Warr Guitar in the band, he doubles (triples?!) as recording engineer, web developer and resident technical mage, hence the moniker. He also has many side musical pursuits to strange for most ears. (Well?La-de-da!)

Ed Small: (The General) Ed Small is the only member of the band that speaks fluent Sicilian. It helps him relax while drumming. When he finally figured out the Bodhran, he was wearing a Pith Helmet and finishing off a bottle of Chivas. His most memorable moment during his first musical tour of Ireland was performing for a touring busload of Swedes at the Kincorra House in the ancient village of Lisdoonvarna. It was there he met the witch while trying to eat some cheese. And there he found the 19 hole underground fairy bus stop. Ed wears a suit. But he'd rather not.

Tim Howe: (Max the Minstrel) Max is our barker, chief pigeon hunter and snake oil salesman. Amongst his weapondry is FEAR, SURPRISE and a FANATIC devotion to the Mandolin. Max started out as a banjo picker and the after being abducted by aliens and returned he grew a goatee and picked up the Mandolin. Max is an avid sailor.

Ed Connor: (Connor) Connor adds the sea shanty voice that makes the women swoon and the men cheer...or is it the other way around. Along with playing the 12 string guitar, Connor provides many of the bands original tunes...when we can translate them...

Visit the Stone Soup Band Website for more information and CD sales!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

To all my Highland Radio Forum friends:

I recently met these guys at Hoolifest, and was FLOORED by their musical talents and outstanding personalities. The music is the traditional tunes that we all know, but at a pace and clarity that you can actually sing along with. After spending time with them at the after concert Caili Sessions, I can tell you that they have a HUGE future in the business. There's just too much talent in this group for them not to take-off.

For those members who are into the Renaissance Scene, you might want to go to the Stone Soup Band site and email Connor about his Renny Items. I saw them at Hoolifest and may just carry them on USAKilts eventually.

"Q" Malone is the brother of The Hooligans Mark Malone. Scarey talent in this family!!!

The CD is worth the price and more.
walkman.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Sharon
  Posted: 01-Sep-2003, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Gaelic Bread @ Aug 5 2003, 01:43 PM)
To all my Highland Radio Forum friends:

I recently met these guys at Hoolifest, and was FLOORED by their musical talents and outstanding personalities. The music is the traditional tunes that we all know, but at a pace and clarity that you can actually sing along with. After spending time with them at the after concert Caili Sessions, I can tell you that they have a HUGE future in the business. There's just too much talent in this group for them not to take-off.

For those members who are into the Renaissance Scene, you might want to go to the Stone Soup Band site and email Connor about his Renny Items. I saw them at Hoolifest and may just carry them on USAKilts eventually.

"Q" Malone is the brother of The Hooligans Mark Malone. Scarey talent in this family!!!

The CD is worth the price and more.
walkman.gif thumbsup.gif

I got turned onto these guys one night in the woods while drunk on Rescue Ranger punch, (if you're into renaissance, you'll know what RR punch is) ....a wench named Mims made me dress up, and it was worth it!

These guys are amazingly talented. Between Q's magical fingers medody and harmony flow. His knowledge of the wind instruments floors me. IB's (Al) keyboarding is phenomenal. He pushes himself and everyone else!

They can make you cry with their lilting harmonies and will have you raising your glass on the more robust drinking songs. This band has come full circle and deserve the recognition they are getting. note.gif thumbs_up.gif king.gif

Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 09-Sep-2003, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

If anyone's in Philadelphia on the weekend of September 20-21, come down to Finnigan's Wake to see Stone Soup LIVE!!!!!

I'll be there (kilted-up) along with many others. Dance a bit... raise a few... have a great time!

If you think you'll be able to go and don't know how to get there, hit the USAKilts website... go to the links... click on the local sites page... and hit Finnigan's Wake. It's guaranteed to be a GREAT time!!!!!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Tarani 
  Posted: 15-Sep-2003, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

female

Stone Soup Band will be at Finnigians's Wake (the corner of Third and Spring Garden, Phila, PA) FRI and SAT SEPT 19th and 20th from 10pm to 1:45 am
It's really great that the band is playing in Phila and hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of them in the future!

Forget the HURRICANE this weekend... come to Phila and let these guys BLOW YOU AWAY!

Tarani
PMEmail Poster               
stonesoupmix 
Posted: 17-Sep-2003, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

[COLOR=green][SIZE=7][FONT=Geneva]For those of you not brave enough to venture out to the shore[smart considering impending weather events sad.gif ] the Philly scene should prove to quite enjoyable, especially if your into celtic music ( with a twist ). Finnegans Wake and The Quiet Man , where you can snuggle up to your significant other and/or your Guiness cheers.gif and listen to your old favorites in a whole new way & some new sounds that will be sure to please. I've heard what these guys sound like (even at practice) and your in for a treat.
VAN
Stone Soup Band
Sound Tech

--------------------
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken
PMEmail Poster               
brettzky42 
Posted: 13-Oct-2003, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacWillow

male

Easily one of the most entertaining Celtic bands on the Philly scene. Great people, excellent musicians, good times! And they wrote the USAKilts anthem for us!!!

--------------------
Brett
"I drink whiskey with me whiskey, and water with me water."

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]