Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

The posionus snakes are good to fear, height frightens me ( I have a great respect for it, having spent a year as a chimeny sweep ) , I fear death by fire or drowning, but most of all I fear those do-gooders that want to convert my soul and spirit to their beliefs and practices. That is not aimed at anyone in particular...just all of that type.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

OH by the way....

I love redheads, My wife was auburn when I maried her... long ago and far away!
Raven 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

My wife is a red head also....I guess I do have a fear of her shopping us into a lower tax bracket tongue.gif but she's good at it.

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Sorry!!!! I thought that fear was an un-spoken fear for all of us married or sharing dwellings with the fair ( uhhum ) sex . Now you have done it wink.gif the cat is out of the bag LOL! biggrin.gif
tartangal 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

Ok ! I know that this is going to sound ridiculous. I have a fear of BAKED BEANS rolleyes.gif . I cant eat a meal if beans have been on the plate and I cant put my hands in the same water that has a bean floating in it.Yeuck!!!!

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Sounds to me like fartiousclomplexose! You afraid of farting ???
tartangal 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

Ohhhhhhh noo! I'm a great believer in the saying
"Let the wind gang free wherever ye be!" angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Mine falls under the water heading, too. Elspeth, I know that awful feeling you had of watching your daughter fall into the pool. When our eldest was about 2 1/2 we went to a friend's house for a pool party. Lots of people, lots of good music, etc. Our youngest was still in her baby carrier, and I was holding her and talking to some other Moms across the lawn from the pool. My husband was in swimming with our eldest, holding her up and giving her rides. They were having a great time! Well, I happened to look over at them just in the instant that our eldest decided to take a dive off of the diving board-no floats,arm thingies, nothing! I saw her laughing in mid-air over the deep end. Started yelling, one of the other Moms grabbed our youngest for me, and I just started pelting across the lawn! As I reached the edge of the pool's deck I saw my hubby streaking under the water just in time to come up and catch her as her feet hit the water. The two of us couldn't stop shaking, but she wanted to do it again! (My husband had left her with another adult while he went to get some floaters for her arms. The other adult had been distracted for a moment by another child, and that's all it took.)

Water is my own biggest fear. Pools and shallow creeks don't bother me anymore, but water that I can't see through to tell how deep it is, what's "down there", or fast- moving water will keep me firmly on the shore. That comes from nearly drowning when I was 8. I was pulled out by another girl a couple of years older than me, but she had to wait until I'd blacked out before she could help me. I guess I was thrashing too much, and she got bruised and scratched for her efforts. I owe her my life! The last thing I remembered before hearing her telling me to "just breathe" was realizing that I'd never see my family again or be able to tell them I loved them, but being so sleepy and peaceful and knowing it was alright.

Needless to say, our girls know how to swim and I try to take them to the beach whenever we can go. I don't want them to grow up being afraid of the water just because I'm uneasy around it. So far so good! laugh.gif

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Eclectic_Stag 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: York

male

Without a doubt the most scariest thing in the world is a spider... the older I get the worse my fear of them is becoming... Gah, just typing the word makes my skin crawl. At least no one seems to suffer pogonophobia here so I'm ok biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

fear.gif I am afraid of pretty young wenches.

It may stem in part from the pain (bash.gif) my owner inflicts on me when I stare too hard...... dribble.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Without a doubt . . . heights. I can get nauseous looking out the window too long. I learned to deal with it when I was younger by walking mountain trails and becoming an aircrew member.
I probably should add confined spaces . . . I nearly washed out of aircrew survival school at the point when I was required to enter a small wooden cube about 3.5 feet to a side, while blindfolded, knowing that it would be up to someone else to decide when I could get out. Somehow, I dealt with it, but wouldn't want to do it again.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

My fears? How much time do you have?! Lets see spiders, snakes, drowning..well death in general, losing Allan, water I can't see the bottom of, that my mother will die before I can get to her and say good-bye, and last but not least.... CLOWNS!!!!! I lost my mom at the circus when I was 3 and got surrounded by clowns. They wouldn't let me leave till my mom came and found me. No clowns, no way, no thank you!

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail Poster                
wyld piper 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: South Mississippi

male

~~ Without seeming to be on an anylists' couch, my greatest fear would be realizing i am no longer a productive member of society. Meaning that I no longer have anything else worthy to contribute. ~~ Strange maybe?~~ but alas, 'tis me.

--------------------
~~ Oglaigh Na hEireann ~~ In Memory - 13 Fallen, January 30, 1972

The heart may think it knows better, the senses know that absence blots people out. We really have no absent friends. The friend becomes a traitor by breaking, however unwillingly or sadly, out of our own zone: a hard judgment is passed on him, for all the pleas of the heart. ...........Elizabeth Bowen

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better..............Samuel Beckett
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Dec-2003, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I have many of the same fears that most of you, heights, drowning (almost drowned when I was five), snakes and scorpions which we have plenty of here in Arizona! unsure.gif Losing my husband, clowns! I HATE clowns too Celeste! Driving in snow and ice, which is why I moved back to Arizona. Earthquakes! I grew up in California! Getting a terminal disease where people have to take care of me. And the most important in which I can relate to Wyld Piper is no longer being able to contribute to society. I had a setback in my artwork today and I am feeling most depressed about it right now. Like why bother and what do I do now? sad.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 06-Dec-2003, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Celeste of the Stars1 @ Dec 5 2003, 04:08 PM)
My fears? How much time do you have?! Lets see spiders, snakes, drowning..well death in general, losing Allan, water I can't see the bottom of, that my mother will die before I can get to her and say good-bye, and last but not least.... CLOWNS!!!!! I lost my mom at the circus when I was 3 and got surrounded by clowns. They wouldn't let me leave till my mom came and found me. No clowns, no way, no thank you!

Clowns? Then you can fear ME! Bwaa Haaa Haaa. clown2.gif jester.gif
I am both an amature clown and a court jester. But I am a NICE clown. The jester is a mite on the evil side, though.... evil.gif jester.gif I must find the forum for posting characters and describe my evil twin, er, my CHARACTER.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]