WizardofOwls 
Posted: 10-Jun-2005, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

So depressing! I know its kinda strange, but I really did feel sad! That little Beta(we named him Jasper T. MacBonyparts) had so much personality! He would swim around in his bowl at top speed if you talked to him, and then would stop right in front of you! If you had on bright colors, he would puff up like he was gonna attack you! Then when you fed him, if you were REALLY quiet you could actually hear him scrunching his food! Our kitten, Spirit would lay on my daughter's bed and watch him swim around for hours. Of course he was out of reach!!! biggrin.gif

Well, Jasper's gone now and I buried him. (Yes, I buried him. My wife wanted me to flush him, but he's been part of our family for two or three years now, and I thought he deserved more respect than that.) He's beside our dear cat, Blackie. Maybe they'll keep each other company!

So any way, this got me to wondering... How do you guys deal with the death of a pet? Are there tears? Do you bury them? Come on, fess up! Tell me the details!

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I'm sorry you lost your little pal. sad.gif I never had a beta, but I've known a few, and they are feisty and do have a lot of personality. If you feel the fishy was part of the family, then of course you accord him or her the dignity. It's for him, and it's for you yourself too.

It's funny how people sometimes think non-mammal pets are somehow less dear, or less likely for you to be really attached to. But it ain't necessarily so. I had a littl dollar-size box turtle named Oomsglotta when I was a teen. His tank was on the kitchen counter, and he would come out on his rock and listen when I would sing while doing the dishes every night. He got some kind of fish-nasty called "ick," and he faded away with his shell softening until he died, but he still came out on his rock to listen. I was very sad -- in fact I couldn't sing while doing the dishes any more for a long time. We really related to each other, odd as you might think it. And he is buried in a very nice watch box with a velvet lining, under the lilacs in my family's back yard.
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Sorry for your losses Wizard and Stoirmeil, all pets are hard to lose. We had a cat named Sambo. I was kinda little and I would sit on the couch, while he stared out the window, in the mornings. When he died, we were all very upset, and we buried him near where he died. My mom bought a small spruce tree and planted it where he died. sadangel.gif

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
Its not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
OBH 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Abbeville, LA

male

The loss of a pet is very painful and the older you get, the more painful it is. I lost my last dog almost 5 years ago and I still miss him. He was the smartest dog I ever knew and a coward to the core, the stray cats had him completely intimidated. My current dog is the total opposite, he's fearless but not too bright. He's also the most affectionate dog I ever had and I have no doubt he would attack a grizzly bear to try to protect me. I hope he out lives me because I don't think I could handle losing him. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 16-Jun-2005, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

We have a sick cat now. He has diabetes, liver problems, gastritis (sp?), won't eat, won't drink. We have already spent ~$1300. dollars on him - money we cannot afford to spend!!!
So we are now just keeping him comfortable until we have to take him back to the vet for the last time.
It's hard - really hard...
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt