Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 04:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

May the God of your understanding grant you and your family grace, healing and peace.
Emmet

Billy Dubose: (803) 782-1958 [email protected]
Sandy Jones: (803) 884-5155 [email protected]
Andy Berger: (803) 863-1598 [email protected]
Daniel Greene: (864) 414-1960 (864) 990-3695 [email protected]
Jimmy Ryan: [email protected]

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Rob --

We're the ones who have been honored by your sharing of your journey through Aaron's illness and release. I think you've broken our hearts and at the same time healed them again, just by telling the story as it unfolded, not knowing the end but opening yourself to every question and hope and fear and sorrow.

It looks like you'll have the piper you need. Thanks to our friends for finding and referring them. That music will also break the heart and at the same time heal it, and if anything can be heard to high heaven, it's the pipes.
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

My hear goes out to you and your family. I am still at a loss for words that Aaron died.
My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. Words seem to elude me at this time.

And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and my body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar fo the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

Moroni 10:34

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

My condolences go out to you and your family and friends Rob. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this difficult time.
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

I found my piper. He is the official piper for the Columbia Police Department here in town. Thanks to all who offered help. I knew some folks here would know how to locate someone. I have posted Aaron's obituary on the Caring Bridge website in tonights entry.

Dawn and I are doing ok. Today we went to the funeral home and made the arrangements. This was a tuffy, but my wife said a prayer before arriving and God was with us. He has not yet failed to provide is with strength. Strength had to come in abundance last night as I struggled with the end of the first day without Aaron in it. Tonight though I am rather tired. So I'm signing off for a while. God bless you all.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Prayed for you all today at church and will continue to do so. May the presence of our Sweet Lord be more real to you than ever.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ballydun 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Rob,
I want you to know that although we never have "met" I feel like we are all an extended family here at CR. You and Dawn are always in my thoughts, and that I will be with you and your family in prayer and spirit during the next few days. I cannot imagine how difficult this has been on you and it will not get easier any time soon...but we will always be here for you if you need any support or just to vent!
We really do care about you all!
Barbara

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Rob,
Although we have had VERY antagonistic relationship here on the boards, I have been behind you on this from your first posting. I followed the Caring Bridge posts daily until my computer went down this spring.
So I was very shocked when I finally got it back to find how things were turning out. Words cannot express the depth of my sympathy for you and your wife at this time. Hold on to each other and know that we are all here for you.

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Sekhmet 
Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

I had to go cry for awhile after reading this...I still can't control the tears. I kept my distance through the whole ordeal, somehow feeling I was intruding. And so I lent my support through other means.

May the Creator shelter him close, and bring him a swift pony to bring him home.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Rob,
My heart goes out to you and your family. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you

Gwenlee
valpal59 
Posted: 04-Sep-2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Our condolences to you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Valerie & Rob

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Sep-2007, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Rob,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife.

Lisa
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Not forgetting, Rob. Thinking of you and your family today.

If I can be any help when you decide you want to write your journey, please consider me completely at your service.

PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
Posted: 23-Sep-2007, 03:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

I just found the link to Aaron's story tonight and it's very hard reading due to constant tears from the emotional impact of what I'm reading. It's heartbreaking that this should ever happen to a child but I think the writing of the journal was catharctic for Rob and the sharing of such pain and hope is something that people need to be aware of. As he said in the journal there is so much anger, hatred and fighting in the world that it's a shame it takes something like cancer to bring people together and help each other as we should.

It's a remarkable story of love, faith and kindness. I'm only on page 5 of the journal and I want to thank Rob and Dawn for sharing their story with us. We know that Aaron is with God now and that's about as good as a prayer can get really. Aaron's needs are being met in every way by a loving God, so my grief is for his family and friends that have been through so much.

There is no question that Aaron is very much loved and will be missed. May God be good to Rob, Dawn, Michael and the rest of their extended family & friends. May He give peace and laughter to you soon as He helps heal the wounds that no family should ever endure.

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Oct-2007, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

I just came back on CR to read this and I don't know what to say. Having a little guy myself, I'm terrified to imagine what you have gone through and too chicken to read your account.

God bless you, your wife, your family and all the friends of Aaron.

Some mysteries are so far beyond understanding they cannot even be questioned.

May you always feel the strong arms of your Heavenly Father.
May you never be without the shoulder of an earthly friend.
And May your memories be vivd and sweet.

My heart pours out to you.

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]