Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

If you notice anything weird about posts or other general items on the site for the next few days, please report them here.

We have been reviewing a number of performance related issues and discovered some issues.

Like a Cron job that was running every minute instead of once a week! And when a message was posted a javascript routine from something we did not proceed with was still loading.

Hopefully in our attempt to speed up performance we don't break anything! unsure.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Nov-2004, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Backup backup backup!!!

Be ready to revert at a moment's notice!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 22-Nov-2004, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I had some songs disappear from my favorites list. There's a block for them, but no name or anything. On the right side there is still the "request, info, delete" buttons. But when I click on them, I get:

status=err
SQL error=1054
SQL error string=Unknown column 'undefined' in 'where clause'
SQL=SELECT * FROM songlist WHERE ID = undefined

--------------------

user posted image
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Nov-2004, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

We did some re-arranging of our songs over the past 48 hours.

Simple use the delete link to remove the entry and then re-add!

Sorry about this!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 22-Nov-2004, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I would but I can't remember what the heck they were...

unsure.gif rolleyes.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Nov-2004, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

Oh, I'm sorry! It should not happen again. Unfortunately, for the type of re-arranging we were doing there was no other way but to reindex the music.

This means that those particular songs are assigned new IDs (numbers).

We will probably do this maybe one more time, but it will not be as extensive. It is very rare for us to fool around with the songs in this manner!
Sekhmet 
Posted: 23-Nov-2004, 01:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Not that this has anything to do with what you're fiddling with currently, but...

Have you ever gotten a good look at the popup window once a request gets processed? The top header's fine. The one just below it is the one I'm looking at. "Your request was successfully!"

...successfully what? Processed? Taught pig-latin? Launched into the stratosphere?

It's not a big deal, but I still get a giggle every time I see it. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

tongue.gif Do you have any alternative suggestions! biggrin.gif
Sekhmet 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 11:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

QUOTE (Macfive @ 27-Nov-2004, 11:44 PM)
tongue.gif Do you have any alternative suggestions! biggrin.gif

...now you just ought to know better than to throw that out to me... angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
talleyrand 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

I could be wrong here but this just played and I'm pretty positive it wasn't The Corries. Something about the female voice seemed a dead giveaway. wink.gif

Artist: Corries, The
Song: Song For Ireland
Album: The Corries

id of 11967

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Dec-2004, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

Thanks Talleyrand.

After some discussion here at CelticRadio, we have decided that in 2005 we are going to re-convert all of our music. The goal in mind is to clear problems up like this one and to also evaluate all music played on our broadcast.
Taliesin 
Posted: 06-Dec-2004, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

I know I'm being persnickety here, but I thought I'd report a little issue I'd noticed since you changed the Now Playing page. It used to open and be ready to go much quicker. Now, it takes about 30-35 seconds to be ready to go. Normally, I wouldn't mind that...30 seconds isn't that long to wait. However, the peculiar thing is that while the screen is loading during that 30 seconds, I can do absolutely nothing on my computer. It's locked up completely.

Now, I have a brand new Dell that I work on at work. 2.79GHz, 512MB RAM. 40GB HD with 30GB free on it. So it's not the computer. And we have 2 bonded T1 lines with a total pipe of 3MB, so it's not the network connection.

Also, it didn't do this before the page was majorly changed. I used to just leave this page up and let it auto-refresh so I could quickly see what was playing if a song caught my attention while I was working. I really don't like doing this now, because when the page auto-refreshes, I am unable to do anything on my computer for a little bit.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but when I'm showing a user or my boss something on my computer, I don't like my attention being broken up by my computer temporarily locking up. smile.gif

It does this at home on my HP laptop as well. (same specs on the laptop, except at home I only have DSL.) smile.gif

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is noticing this thing, or if it's just my two computers. smile.gif

-Chris

edit: I just noticed the other thread about people noticing a hang time when they use Firefox. I just re-realized that I'm using Firefox. smile.gif That's probably it. Well, I hate to use IE for anything, but it looks like I might have to for CR. smile.gif

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Dec-2004, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

On my list of things to do, improve or enhance is more compatibility with firefox. I have heard this comment before.

Also, I just realized that I added a new live365 banner which might be slowing things down a bit - but in thinking about this I believe there are 2 live 365 banners on that page that can not be turned off by founder members. I am going to change that. Plus I believe the one big live365 banner is loading from live365 which might slow things down.

Once I start testing firefox I will be able to zero in on which part of the code is causing the hang up. I'll also review that entire page/script and see if there is anything I can do to optimize the code.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Dec-2004, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,724 Gold!

I've installed Firefox 1.0 and I am not having this issue. Of course, it is 6 am in the morning so there are probably few people signed on.

Strange, Firefox appears to load the pages faster - although the graphics appear to load faster on IE. Just my initial subjective opinion.

I'll do some more testing. I notice that you are a founder. Do you have ads turned off? Also, do you have any other sotware running in the background - such as firewalls?

Taliesin 
Posted: 13-Dec-2004, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

Hi Mac...thanx for responding.

I didn't have banner ads or text ads turned off. I don't mind banner or text ads. I like to leave them up on this site, in case there's something that interests me. smile.gif I turned them off for a test run, and the hangup is still there. I am not running a firewall in the background on either computer I've noticed this on. I am running Trend Micro Internet Security, but I have turned off the firewall portion of it. (As it reminds me every day!)

And it didn't used to have this hangup. I thought it might have been the site upgrade, but it also might have been when I upgraded to Firefox 1.0. I'm going to go sometime this week when I get back home and see what the most recent version is. If a new version removes the problem, great. Until then, I'll have to use the dreaded IE to view this site. No biggie. smile.gif Thanx for responding, Mac!

-Chris
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]