Posted: 23-Dec-2007, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Thanks Judith!

You have my warmest wishes for a wonderful Christmas! Perhaps I can send you some of ours! smile.gif As a contrast to your -6C (21F), it was 62F and very sunny here today - I went sailing this afternoon and my wife and I went for a long walk. In fact, it was so warm I had to take my sweater off... whistling.gif

Thanks for your post and have a great week!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
CelticHokie 
Posted: 14-Jan-2008, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Salem, Virginia

male

I see it's been a while since anyone posted here. i hope it's still active.

I just found the site and love it. I need to fuigure it all out, but that looks like a task because there seems to be a lot to see.

Greetings from Salem, Virginia. Hope to see more of everyone soon.

Christian Moody
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 01:03 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Christian if you have any questions I would be more than happy to try to help. There is a lot to these forums. A whole lot to see and learn. I am glad you found us.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

WELCOME CELTICHOKIE!!!! It is a pleasure to meet you. You have found the greatest music and the greatest people. Enjoy. cheers.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Welcome, welcome! I have to admit that I didn't have my glasses on when I read valpal's post and I thought it said "Celtic Chokie" and I wondered if that had something to do with choking people or wearing chokers. Man, I need to wear these darned things all the time.

Aside from that silliness, you'll note that we are definitely a serious bunch around here. (was that a bolt of lightning?)

Okay, I admit it, I like hanging out here because we are lots of fun and silliness is rather like the soup of the day - what will today's flavour be?

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
Muircheartach 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hello and welcome Christian, a.k.a. CelticHokie!

We're very glad you found us! Not only have you found the best Celtic music, but great forums (yes, there's a lot, but you'll get it all dialed in with a little time) and the nicest people you can meet! wink.gif

Have fun wandering around - let us know if you ever have questions. I look forward to reading your future posts! thumbup.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticHokie 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

Thanks everyone.

I'm a bit unsure of the music -- is the only way to continu listening to subscribe? I'm not opposed to paying, but my mom likes it and she's not someone with extra cash jingling in her purse and she only deals with free things.

I can't wait to dive into the genaeology part.

Peace

Christian
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I used to be a subscriber to live365 but I had to drop that this year due to ye olde pocketbook tightening. So I still listen to the station on live365 but now I have to click on the "continue listening for free" button every so often. It's a minor nuisance but I have learned to live with it. So, yes, it's free but with its annoyances.

Muircheartach 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hi Christian,

Just chiming in on the Live365 thread - I'm not sure what browser you use to view Celtic Radio, but I like Portable Apps (http://portableapps.com/) and use a number of them on a thumb drive - I use Firefox Portable on it. I also use VLC Media Player Portable to play Celtic radio and never have to click anything to continue to play. There might even be a free VLC Media Player that is a regular app (non-portable).

BTW - I see that you go to Virginia Tech, where my brother-in-law went back in the early '80's. It's a great place and my wife and I had lots of fun visiting him when he went there - not to mention one of the best places for fried chicken - Original Recipe. Yummy! yes.gif

Anyway, all the portable apps are a free download, so even if you don't have a memory stick/thumb drive, you can still load them on your PC - they might even have a version for a Mac, if you use one...

Have a great week!
PMEmail Poster               
ChuckDenton 
Posted: 17-Jan-2008, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Lee's Summit, Missouri USA

male

Hello! I am Chuck Denton - not a new member, but a newly Upgraded member!! Yeah!! But I hope to be on here more frequently now.

I am in Lee's Summit, MO which is a suburb of Kansas City Missouri. I have an Irish Shop in the downtown area and just love it. Our community is perfect - the right size and atmosphere. If you're ever in town stop by.

I know that this is a great community too. I love everything Celtic - everything Irish.

I love Ireland. I went in 2005 and just couldn't get enough...some day I will.

Well thass enough of an intro. I'll be talking to you soon enough!

Chuck

--------------------
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=gray]
Slainte'
[color=green]Slainte'/color]
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Jan-2008, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to the founders club ChuckDenton. I am so glad you decided to upgrade your account. It's well worth it. Thank you for supporting this wonderful place.

I have never been to Missouri but you can bet if I get there I will be sure to stop in.
Your shop sounds interesting. I love everything celtic....

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 18-Jan-2008, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hello and welcome Chuck!

We're glad that you found us and hope you'll like being part of the Celtic Radio family! There's always something to see and do, so take your time and wander around - we have many forums!

As someone who grew up in KCMO (Country Club Plaza), I have been to Lee's Summit many times, albeit, not for many, many years, so I'm guessing that a lot has changed! wink.gif I hope you're having a mild winter and enjoying it - since the weather there was the only thing I knew, I always had a blast in winter. Being in Northern California for nearly 20 years has, however, made both my wife and I confirmed weather wimps, and proud of it! rolleyes.gif

Have a great weekend - we look forward to reading your future posts!
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 19-Jan-2008, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Hi Chuck - here's a warm welcome from cold Georgia.

Do you have a website for your store? I would like to check out what you have there. I know we have a british shop in a neighbouring town but I don't know if there is an Irish one anywhere around me. I'll have to ask the other Georgia gals on the forums to see if they know of one.

I think you'll like it here. It's sort of like a big ol' family!

Take care and stay warm. Do you have any snow where you are? Today it's snowing in the Atlanta area!
CelticHokie 
Posted: 20-Jan-2008, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Muircheartach @ 16-Jan-2008, 09:37 PM)
BTW - I see that you go to Virginia Tech, where my brother-in-law went back in the early '80's. It's a great place and my wife and I had lots of fun visiting him when he went there - not to mention one of the best places for fried chicken - Original Recipe. Yummy! yes.gif

Actually I do not go to VT now. I graduated in 1989, worked there 1998-2000 and will always have my heart in Blacksburg -- once a Hokie, always a Hokie -- but I am no longer a student.

Do you remember where you got this fabulous chicken? There was a good family-owned steak place where they paid you to eat the chicken breast filets. That seems odd, but if you wanted the salad bar, ordering it as a meal was $4.49, but if you ordered the chicken it was $3.99 and the salad bar came with it.

Hmm. Guess I'll go ahead and have the chicken.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
Posted: 21-Jan-2008, 03:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

biggrin.gif Chicken sounds great to me, too! That's funny that you have to pay a dollar more to get less food. Why, oh why, can't there be a place like that around here?

Greetings from the sorta far North of BC in Canada! It's -17c and the cat doesn't like to get hugged. The snow is piled up all over the wee town we live right close to and I'm still learning how to walk with two new knees. I like Ireland, sunshine, beaches, travel and fun people. I dislike freezing in the ice and snow, Vista and liver! Hmm, time for my medication, me thinks!

I'd like to add my wishes of welcome you and Chuck! We are indeed an eclectic group of people dedicated to the pursuit of 'eat, drink & be merry'! If it's goofing around you're after the Jester's Court is always a fun place to go - just be careful if you decide to take the "test". wacko.gif There are also many venues for more intellectual discussions of the issues of our group. I'm afraid I am not able to direct you to a good, serious conversation thread - they won't tell me where they are! clown2.gif

Chuck, if you have a website for your Irish shop, I'd very much like to browse your wares too!

Welcome Christian to the group! Welcome Chuck to the founders club! I'm good for pint if you visit my neighbourhood. Just, please, come one at a time! laugh.gif

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]