Guests cannot vote 
connor1985 
Posted on 03-Mar-2006, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

I have been trying to follow this story for the past few months and i thought (and hoped) for a while it disappeared. Anton Geiser an 81 year old man admitted last year that he was a Nazi concentration camp guard but told federal prosecutors that he did not embrace the ideology of the Third Reich. this man had to serve in Germany during WW2 and was part of the Waffen SS. he was SENT to Sachsenhausen concentration camp for most of 1943 as armed SS Death Head guard. notice he did not have a choice in this matter. Geiser was DRAFTED!!! into the military. federal officials are saying that 50 years ago Geiser would never have been allowed into America if he told officials he was a concentration camp guard however they never asked him so he never said anything. he came to America in 1956 and became a U.S citizen in 1962. he has worked at a steel factory for 31 years retiring in 1987. now explain this to me why after 50 years is the government trying to deport this man back Germany and revoke his citizenship? this man didn't have a choice on what he was forced to do. in Germany during WW2 if you were drafted you didn't have a choice of saying no you didn't want to if you did not serve you were shot. is it far for us then to punish this man for wanting to live? let me think some of our own American born men ran from the government when the draft was used in vietnam and if found were forced to serve, sent to jail, or in some cases (covered up of course) killed. so if we were to deport this CITIZEN then all those who ran should go to jail or be killed. its as simple as that. this man has said he hated what he was forced to do but claims to never have killed any of the inmate under his care. he witnessed things but was afraid to speak out for fear of reprisals or even death itself. now i'm not saying his hands are clean but it is not our place 50 plus years later to say he has no right to be here just because of what he was forced to do. when faced with certain death some people would do anything to live but this is not how they should be repaid. he did his time before coming to America the land of the free to start a new life something many of our own ancestors did and now the government feels he should be sent back to what? nothing! he's 89 almost 90 years old let the poor man live his life with his wife and children. he has witnessed things no one should ever see and i'm sure that will haunt him forever that i think is punishment enough for forced service.

--------------------
May all your hardships fade away till night becomes morn, may love remain to guide your way... till the day we are reborn.

Untill the day till all are one.

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]