Moon Child 
Posted: 12-Feb-2005, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 11-Feb-2005, 04:17 PM)
My luck I would probably drop my book in the bath water!  rolleyes.gif

I've nearly done that but I caught it before it fell! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster                
valpal59 
Posted: 12-Feb-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I read everyday at lunch, everynight in bed and in the car on long trips.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
glowbaby511 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

read on long trips is very good. and ne other time i can curl up on a couch or in my bead. biggrin.gif

--------------------
~ Nicole
PMEmail Poster               
Merewyn 
Posted: 03-Mar-2005, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Coppell, TX

female

I mainly read at home on my sofa, but if I have errands to run or an appt. to go to, and know I'm going to have to sit and wait for a length of time, I always take a book with me.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image

"Dinna be afraid," he said softly. "There's two of us now." ~Jamie Fraser~
PMEmail Poster               
Diarmuid 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

male

I personally can't read in a car either; it makes me sick to end all things. I also don't like reading or writing for that matter inside my house. My thing is this, if reading and writing is to be an escape shouldn't help the cause by getting outside? OR am I alone on that one?

--------------------
I am currently working on and doing research for the writing of a fictional novel in which the country being invaded is a celtic one. Any suggestions on content or research would be welcome.

[QUOTE]Love is but a boat set upon an open sea. Ans those things that imperil it, the waves of fear and doubt are also what earn its dignity in our memory.
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

You are not alone. I love to sit on the patio in the evenings and read. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (valpal 59 @ 12-Jun-2005, 11:43 AM)
You are not alone. I love to sit on the patio in the evenings and read. smile.gif

Guess I could read on the patio would have to get my long underware on my parka and gloves would be kind of hard to turn the pages-- unsure.gif laugh.gif
The weather has been chilly here..
I read before I go to bed-if I am not to tired..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

I like to read in the mornings, after my second cup of java... but the trouble is, I get all engrossed in the book & before I know it its noon and I've not done a bit of housework!
(I swear once I was doing some serious Bible study & began about 9 am, and the next time I looked at the clock it was 2 PM!)
And of course I have to come here & see my friends & chat a bit, and then the afternoon is gone and the laundry is suffering from neglect....

Oh well, at least I've got my priorities right: books and Celtic Radio!

laugh.gif
SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Sporadically, and anywhere I can manage it! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

I used to be able to read a page (or half-page) while waiting to pick our girls up from school, but now that Summer's here that option is no longer available. Sometimes, usually late afternoon, I find some time free from running around, housework, etc. and head outside to sit in the shade and get some reading in. Trouble is, it's hard to ignore the garden that's calling me, or our dog who wants to play, or the girls coming out to see what I'm doing, or...........I used to be able to tune everything else out while reading, but not now. I do love to read, honestly, and will do so as often as possible. I've been known to tell everyone I need time to just *READ*, and then they all know they'd better leave Mom alone for a while! angel_not.gif

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 07-Jul-2005, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

30min or an hour before sleeping,specially good for stuying.I remember more things,it depend of what but in general.Soemtimes I read during the afternoon under a tree ,it's so relaxing.When I start reading something very interesting it happend I can't stop until I have finish or become to tired.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 09-Jul-2005, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I'm reading whenever I get the chance to sit down for a few minutes...except of the time I'm spending online, of course. I'm addicted, I frankly admit it and I'm using any chance to stick my nose between the pages. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jul-2005, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

I like to read whenever I get the chance. I often read just for the enjoyment of it but when I am really stressed, I read to take my mind off what is bothering me. I also like to read in the tub. At one time, that was the only place where I wouldn't get interrupted... rolleyes.gif I tend to tune everything out while I am reading, which is very annoying to my hubby.About the only place I don't read is in any moving vehicle because, unless I take motion sickness pills, reading is not an option. tongue.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Haldur 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

I love to read just about anywhere, with the exception of the car...unless its something quick and important! Work, coffee shops, in the bed before I fall to sleep, and in the bathroom.

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

As a bookaholic, I've even perfected a method in which I can read whilst knitting. I'm nearly as bad with my knitting as I am with my reading so combining the two was simply blissful. tongue.gif I can even knit in the theatre after the lights go out if it's a simple pattern but I've yet to figure out how to read under those circumstances. So, pretty much I stick to reading in the car, but not while driving (I can, however, knit at long redlights or heavy traffic when driving) and in the evenings when my significant other is writing. Fortunately, he reads as much as I do, so he doesn't complain about my reading.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Nightchild 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

I tend to read in blocks. Sometimes I read everywhere and never leave the house without a book no matter whether I'm going to classes or to the doctor. Then there are times I don't read at all.
I found out I am able to read in the car, the train, the bus, whatever. What I can't to is facing the direction I come from, but hey, I don't have to. *g*
Usually I read historical or fantasy books. Anthough I tend to read a lot historical lately. (Trying to make my way through Marion Zimmer Bradleys Avalon books for quite some time... *sigh*)
I try to prevent myself from reading outside though, because I can't read when it's sunny, I usually get a headache when I try.
And I'd never try to read while taking a bath. Books are trasures to me. I'd never forgive myself damaging one...
My favourite place to read is my bed though. I used to sleep one hour less just to have one hour to read some time after starting studying...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster                
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt