Posted: 14-May-2004, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Hello all! I just wanted to post a bit of good news...I'm starting a new job coming this Monday at a Law Office. I will be assistanting the paralegals and conducting interogatories, filing and writing claim adjustments. I know it's not fiting within my degree, but the hours are wonderful. 9-5 monday thru Friday, weekends and holidays off. This type of schedule will fit perfectly for my family and lifestyle. I will be working up town New Orleans in a 19th century house---the atmosphere and ambiance is wonderful. Plus my boss is easy going, well at least one of my bosses is easy going. The other is a bit grumpy at times, so I'm told, but I can handle grumpy.
The pay is pretty good for not having any experience in this field. I bargined for my salary and persuaded my boss to give me more per hour than he orignally intended. It seems like it will be fun working there.

I just wanted to share my joy of God blessing me and my family with you guys. Thanks for all your prayers and concern.

Yours,
Roisin angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Oh, how so very nice Roisin! Sounds like a wonderful job that you will love in in everyway.........despite the grumpy lawyer! Keep us posted on how it goes.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
mercyforme 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: washington

female

Yes yes that is wonderful news, I am happy for you!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Look Beyond what you see
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Thanks Rosemary! I think this particular job will be a nice change and a challenge. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (mercyforme @ May 14 2004, 11:36 PM)
Yes yes that is wonderful news, I am happy for you!!!! biggrin.gif

Thank you mercyforme! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-May-2004, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ May 15 2004, 12:39 AM)
Thanks Rosemary! I think this particular job will be a nice change and a challenge. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Roisin angel_not.gif

Please do, Roisin! I will be very anxious to hear how it all goes!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 15-May-2004, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to keep up to date on this thread, but I always include you guys in my prayers!

I jsut wanted to give a praise report of sorts. My family has been enduring a lot in recent months. My wife has had to keep her grandmother, a good Christain woman, for many (Cant recall exact time) months, but in November after along battle with strokes and minin strokes, she passed away. My wife and daughter took it very hard. almost immediately after her death, my wife atarted getting physically sick. we took her to her normal doctor, but her doctor was out on leave sick, so we had to go to another doctor. This doctor said she had H. Pilori (sp?) and began treating her for that. However she just continued to get more sick, ahving adverse reactions to many of the medicined she was given. My mother in law told my wife that she thought that she was having gall bladder problems. When my wife brought this concern to the doctor, he refused to hear and contiuned treating her for what he perceived as the problem. Finally in February, my wifes normal doctor came back to work and on first examination of her said "You have gallstones!" So she had to have gall bladder surgery. My wife had a VERY hard time wiuth all of this! Becasue of enduring the gallstones for such an extended period of time, she couldn't each much of anything (applesauce, jello and such). she lsot 62 pounds during that time. The doctor said that he had NEVER seen gallsotnes as large as hers and didn't know how she had endured the pain for so long!

Well, anyway, my wife went back to work Monday, praise God, and is finally almsot back to her old self again! Now maybe our lives can get back to normal!

I've kinda rambled here, trying to get lots of thoughts down. Hope what ive written makes sense! smile.gif

Anyway, God bless you! And hang in there! We serve a BIG God and He has BIG shoulders!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 15-May-2004, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Allen,

I'm so glad to hear the good news concerning your wife. Gallstones are nothing to play with. For you see I had gallbladder disease with so many small gallstones it was giving me pancretitis and I almost died a few times though no one was telling me that. I couldn't eat anything with fat or spice and I was 5 months pregnant when we finally found out exactly what was wrong with me. The pain was so unbearable---I felt like I was having a heartattack when it would flare up, then I would end up throwing up (I'd rather give birth than go through this pain again). I was in and out of the hospital and miserable. Some male Doctors can be so patronizing toward women. Some never seem to listen to us. I think we as women know our own bodies. Anyway a month after my son was born, I had to have a digestive scope done to make sure there were no floating stones (Very tramatic experience because they didn't put me totally under. I kept waking up and pulling the scope out of my throat, because I felt like I was choaking). The very next day, I had biolazer surgery. After surgery, I felt so much better and got back to normal.

Well, I guess I said all this to let you know, "I know what your wife was going through." Thank God for good doctors and for good medicine. I'm so glad it all work out for your wife and your family.

Peace,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
mercyforme 
Posted: 15-May-2004, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: washington

female

Glad your wife is feeling better. I always feel bad for those who are in pain, I am glad she has a husband like you to be with her in life.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-May-2004, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Goodness Allen! your family has really been through it! I had gallbladder surgery back in November and was fully impacted with gallstones too. I had a wonderful doctor and he told me he couldn't believe I didn't have more pain than I did. I am glad to hear your wife is recovering and is ready to go back to work. I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's passing though.

Roisin! You had a really rough time too! I hear that a diseased gallbladder can cause a lot of different problems. I am glad to hear you are lots better now.

You all are in my prayers!
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 16-May-2004, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

I'm asking you all to pray for me, because today is my first day at work and I got sick over the weekend. Right now it is 12:55 Monday morning and I'm sick as a dog. I need strength to get through the day and I need the Lord to heal me. I'm taking antiboditcs, but I'm still so weak. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roisin
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2004, 12:27 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh, Roisin! I will certainly be praying for you. What a way to start out a new job? I feel terrible for you. Get better, my friend! Keep us posted on how your new jobs goes too.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 17-May-2004, 01:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

After such a long time of struggles, fights and concerns I'm so glad today to be able to tell you a JOY...I'm feeling happy and want to share with you...
It's one of the small things in life. I have my very good girlfriend Marina. We both know each other for about 25 years now. We both moved several times in very different directions and we are not able to meet often but we phone and write and mail regularly.
This weekend we managed it to meet. She came to visit me and my sons for three days and we soent such a wonderful time together! The last time we met before is five years ago!
In a very hard time of very serious peoblems there have been these three days full of joy, laughter and harmony!
She's back home now but she left much of her love and friendship at my home...
I'm glad and very grateful and I thanked the Lord thathe showed me that there is a light shining even in the darkest hours!
Roisin, I'm praying for you, your health and your new job as well as for everybody else here...you are all in my thoughts, my friends!

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2004, 02:52 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh Gabby! Nothing more wonderful that a well spent time with a friend! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time together..........something you will treasure forever.
Elspeth 
Posted: 17-May-2004, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hey gaberlunzie my friend, I am so glad you had a great few days. That light that shines in the darkness is so bright and warming isn't it? Praise God for that blessing.

Roisin, you will aready be gone to your first day by now, but I am praying you feel better and have a great first day.

Hey wizardman, glad your wife is better, but saddened (and angry) she had to suffer so much before getting the help she needed. Hopefully, you are past the rough spot. Losing her grandmother I am sure has had many effects upon her. That emptiness can last so long.

Hope everyone else is going well. The sun is shining here. A beautiful spring day. Hard not to smile on a day like today.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]