Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Os 10.4 Celticradio Widget, Can anyone make one?
aorr 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Chicago, IL

male

Hello everyone,
For those of us that use a Macintosh computer running OS 10.4 there's a new feature in it that I'm sure you all know about called Dashboard. Well, I was wondering if anyone would be able to write a Widget for Dashboard that would either load the currently playing song on Celticradio.net and/or the upcoming queue of songs?

I have no ability to program otherwise I'd take on the job. But maybe someone in this large community can do this?

Thank you,
-Andy

PS email me personally if you have any ideas or need some help with this and I'll see how I might be able to help.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,993 Gold!

HI Aorr!

First, welcome to Celtic Radio!!!!

I think your idea is awesome! We have thought about creating a front-end widget type interface that would do exactly what you said.

Unfortunately, we are currently involved in some other projects - but looking towards the end of the year or 2006 we will definitely be looking at this.

I don't have mac, but the first opportunity I have to get one, I will! This sounds like a great feature for an operating system. wink.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Wonder if the Dashboard works like an Afterstep style dock... Haven't noticed it in the OSX box I've got sitting at work. Can't develop on that one anyway, but I'm thinking there's a possability that when a Linux app of the kind gets written, it may run fine on Mac OS 10? I don't know enough about how the MacOS differs from other Unices to be certain. Just a thought though. Haven't really had much time to think of that project recently though. Started on it once, but didn't get far.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Jul-2005, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,993 Gold!

I was reading today about Yahoo buying this small little company that has made a Javascript Solution to widgets that run on your desktop.

Will be given this a serious look for Celtic Radio.

Yes Aaediwen, I remember you gave a break down for this application:

Basically the idea is a nice looking little application that shows the current song, album cover, links to buy the CD, links to launch the broadcast.

I often find myself stumbling to get to the website when I hear a song I want to know who is playing.

This little application would run in windows and macs - possibly for linux. I have to do some research on this new Yahoo tool.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
aorr 
Posted: 07-Sep-2006, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

male

Is there any hope of this idea coming back to light?

Please, Please, Please. :-)

It would be ohhhh soooo wonderful! :-)

-Andy
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Sep-2006, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,993 Gold!

All in due time. It is amazing how many things come up between then and now. Right now we are working on a list of items that take first dips. We are committed to coming up with somesort of widget at some point down the road.

haynes9 
Posted: 08-Sep-2006, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Thanks for all the work you put in, Mac, to make our Highlander Radio experience better and better. clap.gif

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
jedibowers 
Posted: 08-Sep-2006, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Fishers, IN

male

I have the Live 365 window that is playing the music and it lists the current song and the last two songs. I normally just go there to see who the artists is. Are you guys listening to CR a different way?
PMEmail Poster                
aorr 
Posted: 08-Sep-2006, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 07-Sep-2006, 10:42 PM)
All in due time. It is amazing how many things come up between then and now. Right now we are working on a list of items that take first dips. We are committed to coming up with somesort of widget at some point down the road.

Hi Mac,
I'd also like to thank you for all the work you put in. I know how things seem to come up. :-)
I have been MIA for the past few months and not able to listen or check this site so for all I knew it had already been made. :-)

I wish I could help you out and make it myself. I have no ability what-so-ever though. sad.gif I do appreciate coders, I surely can't do anything of the sort!

Thanks again for the update.

Have a great day!

-Andy
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Sep-2006, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,993 Gold!

We will eventually build somesort of desktop application for Celtic Radio, but not this year.

For checking out song history and previews you should look at these pages:

Main Page: http://www.celticradio.net/php/playing.php

Now Playing: http://www.celticradio.net/php/now_playing.php

The now playing page really has alot of information and useful links. A full size album cover, player links, song history, artists coming up, listener comments refreshed every page load, features artists and more. Sort of a deluxe page.

If you have a founders account the page will automatically refresh with each page load!
aorr 
Posted: 26-Oct-2007, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

male

With the new release of OS 10.5, Leopard, we can now make our own widgets for showing the currently playing song!!! The long wait has finally arrived!!!!!!

-Andy

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-Oct-2007, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,993 Gold!

This is AWESOME! How did you do this?

I'm going to have to try this out. Thanks for posting this!
aorr 
Posted: 27-Oct-2007, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

male

Thanks CelticRadio. :-)
Glad you like it. There are many limits as to what one can do with these 'widgets' but it's still good for personal use.

You need to have OS 10.5 installed and once you do so, open safari and go to the website you want to clip a section for. Then click the new button at the top of Safari that has the scissors on it. This will let you trim out the section of website you wish to make a widget for. Then click the 'done' button and you have your own widget.

The major limitation for this is that the 'widgets' we're making are not actually saved files. They can only exist on your personal computer and you can't further edit them to more of an extent than is provided in Dashboard. In other words, using XCode Dashcode won't work to edit the widgets. I've already tried. :-)

If you need further help, catch me online with iChat....using the new iChat screen sharing I could physically show you on your computer!!!! AMAZING! APPLE ROCKS!!!

My AIM name is andyorr1982

Take care,
-Andy
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]