Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

I need a resume for an audition Wednesday; what do you think of this one?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

I am assuming it is for a piping position of some sort. What is the event?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
coastman 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Wow!! Impressive!! Congratulations on your hard work in acheiving your goals. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I agree looks good Emmet. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes, it's very impressive. For future use (may the opportunities be many), I'd suggest, where it mentions publications, adding "available on request", and then keeping a few promo packets of your article file at the ready. (If you are not doing that already, of course) You write awfully well, and I should say it also gives you an edge that many others don't have, to be a bit of a scholar and able to field the congenial question from the audience.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Sorry I'm late on this one, Emmet. It looks really good! Very thorough. Hope it does the trick for you.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Emmet 
Posted: 07-Mar-2007, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

I should say it also gives you an edge that many others don't have, to be a bit of a scholar and able to field the congenial question from the audience.

Funny you should say that; my set pieces were darned near perfect, my tuning was dead on, and I was in full parade dress (tropical, of course); spit and polish. The only question they asked was about the history of the bagpipe. Yes; on occasion, someone actually does want to know something besides "what's up yours?".

Fortunately I could, off the cuff, expound on the development of bagpipes from ancient Thebes and Greece to the Roman tibia utricularis, it's spread across Europe with the Legions, it's superceding the harp as a weapon of war, to it's adoption by the Highland regiments of the British Army and it spread across the globe when Victorian Britannia ruled the waves, to it's popularity among not only Scottish, Irish, Canadian and Australian, but Jordanian, Palestinian, Egyptian, Indian, and Pakistani military bands as well. I could've droned on about it's use in battle; McKay of the Cameronians outside the square at Waterloo, George Finlater of the Gordons at the heights of Dargai, Jimmy Richardson of the Canadian Scottish at the Somme, up to it's current use in Iraq, and some of the more publicized photos of Scott Taylor of the Black Watch...sadly, after what to my mind was a near perfect performance, it was the only question they asked. The piano player ahead of me answered a barrage of them.

Perhaps I should've just said that it's a well-known fact that the Irish invented the bagpipes and gave them to the Scots...who never discovered the practical joke.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]