Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I just read that we have had 54 soldiers killed in Afghanistan so far this month. Also the article went on to explain that it was caused in part due to Fire restriction rules, much as in VN. These same rules apply to UN troops and possibly have been the cause of additional casualties in troops from other countries as well.

War is a deadly process and can not be successfully waged with unmanageable restrictions placed on those charged with fighting it. Our enemies certainly do not operate with any such restrictions!

The article stated that it was unlikely that the rules would change with the new military leadership soon to take charge.

We must let our troops know that they have our complete support as they operate under unimaginable stress.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

I read where Gen Petraeus is taking over command in Afghanistan and says the war is going to get a lot tougher before it eases off. I remember those damn fire restriction rule in V.N. luckily where I was we didn't pay too much attention to them. Our C.o. said if you fire your weapon I want to see abody or blood. If not you owe me 16 cents for the bullet. He never did collect any money. If he had he could have retired a wealthy man.

As you know we have a repatriation ceremony for our fallen. They come home to CFB Trenton and from there are transported along the "Highway of Heroes" to the coroners office in Toronto. On Sat. the thugs that were trashing the city during the G20 tried to disrupt the procession as it approached the coroners office. Luckily the police were ready and trap about 20 of them in an alley way. When they brought them out to the paddy wagons some were bleeding and had bruises, one had a busted head.
The fallen from both our militaries deserve all the Honour that our contries can give them.

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac

PS: Her Majesty is here for a visit and yesterday in Halifax there was a International fleet review for her. Ships from Canada, U.K. , Denmark, France, Germany, Brazil, and the U.S. (USS Gettysburgh, and USS Wasp ) were present to celebrate the centennial of the Canadian Navy (use to be the Royal Canadian Navy now it's called Maritime Command)

Patch 
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I had heard she was coming.

We hide our fallen. They are transported almost in secret so Americans will not see the caskets. I feel that is wrong but this administration has continued the policy.

We have one or maybe more protest groups that try to disrupt military funerals and in my area two motorcycle clubs have taken it upon themselves to protect the ceremonies. Some of the "biker chicks" are tougher than the protesters not to mention the bikers.

I heard that there have been a couple of incidents where a protester has become overly excited and has "slipped and fallen." Though accusations were levelled, no charges were ever filed.

We have tried our soldiers for killing civilians and I believe that is wrong. It sounds as if there will be many fewer "no fire" situations now. That should translate into fewer casualties in Nato and our troops.

We were fortunate in VN as we worked in two man teams and no one asked any questions.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]