Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fund Raising Drive, Another Year of Celtic Music?
Shadows 
Posted: 22-Jan-2015, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

It would be nice if donations would keep going until the end of the month, it could mean no fund raiser next year if we double the goal this year.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Jan-2015, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,418 Gold!

We can leave the banners and audios up perhaps through this weekend. Generally once we hit that goal I am not sure if based on past years we go much further than the goal. But we will see!

As it turns out, we figured out a new configuration for backups using some extra space on our webserver so turns out we will not need the new backup device.

Still long term we want to figure out an inexpensive way to have everything backed up at a remote location just in case.

Very happy with the results of the fund raising and good to know we will be around for another year!

Just a housekeeping note we merged two topics into this main Fund Raising Topic. Amazing 10 years later and everything works on this forum just like the day it was installed! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Jan-2015, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,418 Gold!

A BIG thank you for all of the donations this year. It was by far the most successful and will keep our Live365 streams up and running as well as help us with any misc expenses that should pop-up during the year.

Such as to purchase a cable modem for our studio since we just found out that Comcast is charging us $13.95 a month to rent their modem. How did that happen? That can add up over the course of the year - so many thanks to everyone.

With so many donations it is going to take us a little bit to get all of the thank you gifts out the door. We held off last weekend because of the Blizzard here in Massachusetts, but hopefully we will start to get these moving out from the boxes to your front door! Thinking it might take us a few weeks to get them all out, so look in your mailbox soon!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Feb-2015, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,418 Gold!

Our apologies, we still have a number of donation packages to send out yet.

Tomorrow we should be working on the Irish Crosses and once that is done all that is left are the Tee Shirt packages.

Pretty much everything here is being effected by the Weather and the tremendous amounts of snow we have received in Massachusetts. This is setting us back on a lot of things with the website so bear with us during this time until Spring arrives! biggrin.gif
Shadows 
Posted: 15-Feb-2015, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

From the looks of things on the news , we should all be sending you snow shovels ans snow blowers!
Stay safe and warm Paul!

My package arrived awhile back. Thanks!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 15-Feb-2015, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,418 Gold!

I don't think I would ever say this but it is getting desperate here. Was out on Saturday and noticed a lot of impatient people on the roads and parking lots. I fear if we get any more snow we are going to start having residential roof collapses. Spent about 25 hours clearing snow this past week. Ice damns are a big problem. Snow is about 10 feet high around houses and fences are disappearing. 28 car pile up on a major traffic route. Public transportation came to a halt last week

Death toll is increasing from people being struck, car accidents and killed by plows and no place to walk on the streets.

We will get the remaining packages out soon, although the tee shirt packages maybe a little while longer.

Also we have a hard drive that is failing on our webserver. With the success of our fund raising drive we have invested in a new webserver, another backup device and a new cable modem which will save us $14 am a month in rental fee from our bandwidth provider.

This winter may break records from 1978 (the big blizzard) and also the 95-96 winter.

Perkeo 
Posted: 25-Feb-2015, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,339,657 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Got my package a couple days ago.

Stay safe and warm my friends.

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]