davlcam 
  Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

Ok, i've been through the help menu, and unless I missed something, I didnt find anything to show me where I can see my production per hour, per resource.

As this is such a fundamental element of the game, I am convinced I must have missed something...

Any advice?

Also, wondering if any of the former Kings or top rankers are willing to put together a Noob guide? book.gif

--------------------
Ruithidh an taigeis fhein le bruthaich.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Your hourly production varys with your RESEARCH, NUMBER of FACILITIES, and NUMBER of WORKERS. There is no set amount per hour.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
McRoach 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,342,439 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Unless you want to disclose the totals of all your workers, buildings, and research (WHICH I WOULDN'T ADVISE) and hope Subhuman or someone who has dissected the game enough will tell you, I would recommend tracking how much your resources increase from one hour to the next. This will give you a pretty good idea.

As Dogshirt said "There is no set amount per hour" at least not that I have seen.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
subhuman 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

There's also one other factor not previously mentioned: there is a fixed maximum amount of gold distributed per hour. The fixed amount is a total for all players in the game.
Game gold is real-life currency, so you can't blame Mac for wanting to limit how much he gives us. smile.gif
This means that if other players increase their gold harvesting abilities, your gold income decreases.

As for the other factors, researching new technologies has the biggest impact on income. Each new technology researched increases your income by a factor of five to six.
Example: the 'deforestation' technology yields 6,000 wood per hour. For me*, lumber mills bring in about 70 wood/hour each and lumberjacks bring in approximately 15 wood/hour.
This means that a technology=86 buildings=400 workers

*I stress the "for me" part because we established elsewhere that I bring in more food, but less wood, than at least two other players. The current (unproven) theory is that different realms have different income "strengths."

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
davlcam 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

Thanks for all the comments.cheers.gif

I would assume production is determined algebraically, more than likely by linear equation fromulas, with varying factors impacting production per hour.

While I understand that there are various multipliers that impact production, the actual production per hour, per resource, in an RTS server based game, is constantly calculated. Essentially I would think this program uses formulas similar to compounded interest accumulation, with multipliers as integers with a value somewhere around 3(tripple) to .01 (10%). The base rate / hour I would immagine is determined by several variables, # of workers, production facilities (farms, mills, mines), etc. resarch / Tech probably functions as an overall multiplier per each resource.

All this goes to the point that in the background, resources are constantly being calculated. You should be able to see how much production in any given resource you are producing in reference to a time frame of some sort (hour / day, etc). You should also have a general idea of the impact of a worker on the overall production.

There is a game similar to this on the web, Travian (based on Roman era races) that clearly shows you prod/hour. Seems to be an elementary component of the game. Perhaps there are technical / financial limitations to the game, as such information requires almost constant refresh / updates to the viewing page.

Subhuman- very interesting point about gold production and overall resource limitation due to max cap per day. Given this limitation, the law of diminishing returns is significant. At some point, it will cost you more gold to develop a worker as a miner, that you will recieve in return. Makes the Gold competition very interesting, and serves as a strong behavioral incentive to attack / destroy other players gold producing resources.

Also interesting is your mention about the different production rates per Realm. So you think that each realm has a production modifier of some sort which is randomized per each production type?

I guess I will just train my workers and see what happens. Thanks again for your comments.

Great Smileys in this forum btw. gossip.gif
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,342,439 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Wow, that is one to look at I guess? dontgetit.gif

I know that after reading in a different forum where it was discussed that wood was less abundant than food and up until recently I had it going the other way but now wood is my slowest incoming resource and I noticed that the market has far more food for sale than wood yet a week or two ago there was no food to be found on the market. Could this indicate that there is a season or cycle switching back and forth on the resources? Perhaps the more food cycle represents fall harvest while more wood indicates spring growth? Being neither a farmer or lumberjack by trade I have no clue when the main harvest times would be but watching the market does seem to suggest that a cycle pattern is not just realm specific.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]