IrishBeachLassie 
Posted: 07-Apr-2015, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington Beach, California

female

Skully embarks on a solo journey with the release of his new album ‘Irish Makeover’. Featuring guest appearances from some of Ireland’s finest young artists, such as Mick Flannery, Myles O’Reilly (Juno Falls), and Annette Buckley. Irish Makeover is an exciting new take on a beautiful collection of traditional Irish songs.

”these are songs that have been performed and sung for generations”, says Skully, “from the sean-nos singer beside a fire in an old thatched cottage to grand orchestrated versions, these songs have been passed down through the years”. ”When I set out on this project I was very much aware that we are all just guardians of this music until we too pass it on, so it was important to me that I retain the beauty and emotion of the songs while nudging them gently into the twenty first century”.

These are songs that we all know, songs that perhaps we wouldn’t seek out, but songs that are ever present, and Skully has taken them to somewhere that they haven’t been before now. This is traditional Ireland’s coming out party for the ipod generation. Irish Makeover is an awesome collection of traditional Irish songs performed by Skully of the group Metisse. What makes this CD so unique and exceptional is the strong electronic sounds of each and every song. This creates a powerful, enchanting and mystical realm as you listen to the surreal vocals and talented background melodies mixed to create pure perfection of Irish Traditional meets Electronicia.

Skully writes on his website, "And so two years ago I set to work creating Skully versions of these beautiful old Irish songs. Although very electronic (after all that is what I do!) I strove to maintain the powerful emotion that these timeless master pieces possess. The album was recorded at the beautiful Rushbrook Hotel in Cobh...We had great fun making it! I hope everyone supporting it here, has the same fun listening."

This was the first CD/Album Skully introduced me to and I started promoting when we first met online so it will always hold a special place in my heart; I love EVERYTHING about it!

I give 'Irish Makeover' my highest recommendation. If you like to dance and move to some of the hottest Celtic Irish Electronic music and vocals, then Irish Makeover is it!

Check out Irish Makeover here on Celtic Radio, don't be shy, request your favorites!
ENJOY!

Slainte,
Darlene
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Skinner 
Posted: 07-Apr-2015, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: southwest ohio

male

Again Lassie, you have written such a delightful and comprehensive
review that I've got to check this out. Did you write for a living?
Skinner
PMEmail Poster               
IrishBeachLassie 
Posted: 07-Apr-2015, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington Beach, California

female

Thanks again Skinner, no professional writing at all, more of a hobby I got into, it was fun and gave me the opportunity to meet and talk to a lot of musician, singer/songwriters, etc.; I had and have the time and some resources, so why not! Took a much needed break, but I'm back!

Celtic Radio has been wonderful as well, very informative and helptful Thanks again!

Slainte!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]