WizardofOwls 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I didn't exist in high school. I was the quiet, heavy-set nerd that tried to blend into the surroundings so that no one would notice that I was there. I wore glasses (which got me picked on quite a bit), was the favorite prey of every bully in school, and spent all of my time reading fantasy novels, trying to escape from the lonliness of the real world. I had almost no friends and the few I had were outcasts like me. I was only a mediocre student. My dad died when I was a freshman in high school which only further served to make me feel alienated from the everybody else. High school was a terrible time in my life! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I was a band geek! biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Band geek/outcast.

I wore flannel shirts, combat boots, t-shirts of Metallica, Guns N' Roses & AC/DC, listened to heavy metal, and hung out with the other outcasts.

In my backpack, besides books and pens/pencils, you would've found my CD's, CD player (you still can find those), a pack of cigarettes and a Zippo lighter (I gave those up). Never left anything valuable in my locker. Didn't trust my lockermate or any of his buddies.

Most of my classmates (aka the non-outcasts) did not care for me and the feeling was mutual. Probably because of how I define "friends". Maybe I'm weird, but in my world, "friends" don't slander one another behind their backs.

To this day, if they were on fire on the side of the road, I wouldn't spit on them to put them out.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 16-Feb-2005, 06:16 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Aaediwen 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I was noone. Flat and simple. I wouldn't call myself a teacher's pet. Even though I had more friends on the other side of the teacher's desk, generally the teachers I was friends with were ones I had had previously or had never had for a class. First year in my life that I ever really got out and did anything has been 2004. My last couple years of High School, there were a few guys I'd hang out with in the library at school. What's interesting, one of the guys I hung out with in High School.... His mom and I attended the same college at the same time. One was just as off the wall as the other smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,785 Gold!

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 16-Feb-2005, 03:59 PM)
I didn't exist in high school. I was the quiet, heavy-set nerd that tried to blend into the surroundings so that no one would notice that I was there. I wore glasses (which got me picked on quite a bit), was the favorite prey of every bully in school, and spent all of my time reading fantasy novels, trying to escape from the lonliness of the real world. I had almost no friends and the few I had were outcasts like me. I was only a mediocre student. My dad died when I was a freshman in high school which only further served to make me feel alienated from the everybody else. High school was a terrible time in my life! smile.gif

I didn't wear glasses and my Dad didn't die, otherwise, exact same story. Gee whiz Wiz, welcome to the "family".

TheCarolinaScotsman

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

I moved every 2-4 years. I was a "Navy Brat", Usually I made friends pretty easily,but I never kept them long enough...I was never really in a school at any length to be considered anything. I was the "Nice Girl", and I played Volleyball, and Sang in the choir..deffinatly not "popular" or anything like that.

I had like two "best" friends the last 2 years of High School, and to this day, almost 13 years later, I still talk to one of them. I'm still not prone to go out and make a bunch of friends. I have some ladies I talk to, but are the friends?? who knows, now my best friend is my husband. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
Randy 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

Realm: Rochester, NY

male

I was definately a jock. Captain of the Football team, wrestling teams and baseball team. I am guessing we had a weird school because we all hung out. At any party there would be people from all the clicks. I made a bunch of friends and am still close with alot of them, although I had 600 people in my class.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I was one of the Freaks/Art Fags (their words, not mine).

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Okay, lets step into the "wayback" machine and go to my high school years: 1973-1976
Lets see, I was sort of a jock, but not a star athlete.
I hung out with both jocks and non-jocks, also hung with the artsy types. No contact with stoners or hoods. I will say that my friends were only at school. We did nothing or had any contact outside of school. I pretty much went home and watched tv or read.
Overall high school was okay, but not the best years of my life-that would be now.

band.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ErikDeckers 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacOak

Realm: Orlando, FL

male

I was a band geek, definitely. I was also a Target. Several of us were also rather funny (although we were often the only ones to think so). Surprisingly, I was the least funny of the group, and my other friends were funnier.

Nowadays, I'm a successful humor writer and out of my "funny" friends, one owns a tropical fish store, another is a car mechanic, and a third is in prison.

NOW WHO'S THE FUNNIEST?!?!?!

tongue.gif

Erik Deckers

--------------------
[color=blue][b]Erik Deckers
Visit my weekly humor blog
Laughing Stalk[COLOR=blue]
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

I can't really classify myself as anything. I wasn't a geek but I wasn't popular either. I had a group of friends that we all just hung out together and had our own click and did our own thing. Out of all the people I hung around in my group through high school I only talk to and associate with is my best friend Amber. We've been through thick and thin together since the beginning and still do to this day! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster                
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 02:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Gosh.....High School....so very long ago. 1968....was a very good year! tongue.gif I had friends from "cheerleaders" and "jocks" to "studious and serious" to what we called "frats'" and "greasers". My "best" friend had completely different interests and friends than I did, but that didn't seem to cause a problem. We met in the 6th grade and she is still my "best" friend todayl biggrin.gif I met my husband when I was a senior and we married 2 years after graduation. Will be celebrating our 35th anniversary in May. wink.gif I have a lot of happy memories of my high school years.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

I enjoyed high school for the most part. There were those groups in our school, of course, but about ten of us girls had our own group. All of us understood each other and like the same things. We each had our individual talents (I was the one in art, my best friend sang, another was in band, another was into sports). But when it came to after school activities we did our own thing, not caring about what anyone else did or thought. So if we were thought of as any of those terms, we never noticed or cared. I still talk to most of them every week or see them every other weekend. I was really lucky, still am too.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Lil 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

well, to start, I was not a stoner, those were actually the rich kids, lol, one of them the sherriff's own daughter, lol.....I was kind of an outcast, I had a circle of friends, we smoked (cigarrettes) and hung out together on the weekends. I don't see any of themany more, but every once in a while I send my best friend, from then, an email or talk to her mom.
I wasn't too brainy, but I did very well in classes that I loved, English, Literature, History, and about "C" average in ones that I didn't.
I played volleyball in gym and ran track, and was good, but never wanted to join the team. I was in theatre in 11th grade, but as I left school that year in May, never got to be onstage.
I didn't leave school because I was pregnant, but because I fell in love with him and he with me and my parents did not want us to be together.

All in all, looking back at it now, I don't see anything I'd change, after all, if I changed any of it, i wouldn't have a wonderful husband and three of the best kids any parent could ask for.
I did eventually take the GED and I passed the exam with some of the highest averages in the state of Florida. High enough to qualify me to get a real high school diploma and not just a GED one. The funny thing is, I was so afraid that I'd fail when I took it, that it took my husband and his mother ganging up on me together to get me to do it at all.

High School was pretty good, I guess, I just wish I'd paid more attention in class than I did, lol.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]