> Joys And Concerns
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Mar-2006, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Great news! JP! Thanks for sharing with us!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Apr-2006, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

I was looking at the number of people who have posted in this thread and the thousands of times it have been opened. What a blessing.

And, yet, it seems we have gotten away from posting in here. I know I have....

So, today I have a Joy that though it is still cold, the sun is shining, Spring is coming.

I have a joy that yesterday was a good day of work and today I can take the Biblical right, nea, duty of a day of rest with a clean conscious.

I have a Joy that yesterday I discovered several new places where I can submit my writing, keeping alive the hope of being able to stay home and take care of all the needs of a household with children and contribute financially as well.

I have a Joy that a still life by Siobhan Blues, which I can't wait to have a copy for my very own, inspired me to sketch a still life of my grandmother's farm kitchen and I hope to start painting it today.

I have a Joy that though we're in a phase of pulling in the reins pretty tight on our kids to curb 'attitude', they still are four bright, loving, children who already have a personal relationsip with Christ.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 09-Apr-2006, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

smile.gifI have a Joy that after being gone from here for so long, Wizard sent me an e-mail to make sure I was okay and to encourage me to return. I have missed being here and am glad to be back!

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Apr-2006, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Welcome Back Bluegrass Lady smile.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-Apr-2006, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 09-Apr-2006, 08:29 AM)
I have a Joy that a still life by Siobhan Blues, which I can't wait to have a copy for my very own, inspired me to sketch a still life of my grandmother's farm kitchen and I hope to start painting it today.

Hey sweetie!!

The print is on its way (both of them). I am absolutely delighted that my little doodlings have inspired you to do a still life of your own! You've just made my day.

Now you be sure and let us see the still life YOU"RE doing when its finished!

artist.gif

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 05-May-2006, 06:43 AM

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 21-Apr-2006, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 09-Apr-2006, 05:13 PM)
Welcome Back Bluegrass Lady smile.gif

Thanks, Elspeth. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 27-Apr-2006, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

I have a joy. As some of you know, I write and am trying to get published, but so far, no luck.

However, I belong to a a site where you can post stories and get comments back.

The other day I got a review of one of my stories. The person didn't know what Heinz 57 meant, because she is in New Zealand! And, she was laughing so hard at the end, she wasn't sure she could type straight.

I'm trying to absorb how really cool that is and not brush it off. Someone halfway around the world chose to read my story and it made them laugh.

Not all acomplishemnts have a check attached? Right? I'm not a failed writer just because I haven't sold anything yet. Right? (can you tell it's hard for me to believe this?)

But, money or no, my story made someone laugh. cool.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 05-May-2006, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 27-Apr-2006, 09:17 AM)
Not all acomplishments have a check attached? Right? I'm not a failed writer just because I haven't sold anything yet. Right? (can you tell it's hard for me to believe this?) But, money or no, my story made someone laugh. cool.gif

Honey, any writer (or artist) whose creation provokes thought or joy or comment IS a SUCCESS! Making that connection with someone else is the most wonderful thing... your own response to my drawing of the blue pitcher is the kind of reaction I live for. My postman here in town saw a drawing I did of Stevie Ray Vaughan about a year after SRV died and the drawing really touched this guys heart because he was a big fan like I am... to this day, when I see the postman sometimes he'll mention how much he liked that drawing and how it captured SRV's fire and energy. I am humbled to think that my own interest in music and Stevie and blue pitchers can have as an aftershock the benefit of uplifting somebody else!

You must always remember that the minute you try to sell your creative work, you are putting your work up to be scrutinized by a public opinion that is arbitrary & unpredictable & fickle, subject to change at any moment and not always based on legitimate assumptions. Sales are based on so many things besides quality. Never let a lack of sales make you feel any less worthy or competent!
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-May-2006, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very well said, SB! thumbs_up.gif

Elspeth, I have mentioned to you before that my SIL is a published author. She doesn't always have book deals or have everything published that she writes, but there are the joyful times when she does. It is hard for us artists to keep things in perspective that sales or being published does not always equal "success." Although in the world of the non-artist, it does to them! Sales of a painting can be simply because it matches their sofa! Publishing of books can be what's the hot topic or genre of the day! Hang in there and do what you enjoy and reap the blessings from that alone that God has given you the gift and joy of doing it to do. (speaking from someone who gave up painting 3 years ago...ahem...but always doing photography). I don't ever expect to show or sell my photos as they're really not that good, but it is something I really enjoy doing. That is what matters most now...doing something I enjoy.

Sounds like you are doing terrific, Elspeth. Keep it up! thumbs_up.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-May-2006, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

G'morning all!

You will appreciate what happened to me this morning - I got slapped upside the head by God for not spending time in the studio. What led up to this was an awful verbal battle between me and my son & daughter-in-law earlier this week; argue.gif They accused me of being angry all the time & bitter & difficult to deal with. (Keep in mind they're still upset that my husband and I are moving in three weeks, and I am sick of having to tell them that this is a good thing for us to move) I was terribly hurt by their words and at first felt defensive, but as I responded to them yesterday and we talked out the issues I realized they are right about my mood & anger & defensiveness. I've been praying for insight as to how true their accusations were, and this morning it came to me: what they were seeing was me when I do not spend time in the studio. I haven't touched a pastel stick or a pencil in many months now - there are three nearly finished projects in the studio that are all either due or simply deserving of completion. And all I do is spend time doing things OTHER than drawing!

So this morning I felt the mental slap upside the head and God saying 'well doh, guess why you're so hard to be around for these kids! It's because you're not replentishing your energy and happiness in the studio, you dweeb. So get yourself down there toDAY and that's an order!" I always feel better mentally when I've had some studio time; its where I get my dose of joy. And here I have been all these months avoiding the one thing that would give me the sense of humor and patience to deal with these difficult kids. wink.gif

So its off to the studio then. Maybe YOU ought to go there too, eh?!

Love y'all!
SB

PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 15-May-2006, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey everyone, I learned today that an associate of mine is in the hospital with viral meningitus. We also just had a local pass away from baterial meningitus. This is kinda scary. Prayers for friends and family affected by this illness.

Thanks
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 16-May-2006, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 15-May-2006, 08:03 PM)
Hey everyone, I learned today that an associate of mine is in the hospital with viral meningitus. We also just had a local pass away from baterial meningitus. This is kinda scary. Prayers for friends and family affected by this illness.

Thanks

Will do so, my friend. Take care.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 01:01 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

SB, it is very hard for folks who are not artists to understand that when we are not creating how *tempermental* we get. You know? The "tempermental artist?" It is very true. Artists are created to create and when they are not doing so, we get grumpy as heck! I know this is a hard time for you with moving and all, but you will have fun setting up your new studio and back to creating again!

JP, so very very sorry to hear about your friend and another who has passed away. You and your loved ones are in my prayers.

Just to let you know that the reason why I am not on here every day is because I suffer from daily chronic back pain and fibromyalgia. I have several docs working with me and I have better days than others. But some days I just do not feel like being on here. This has gotten progressively worse over the past year. I have a lot of issues going on in my spine but I am being cared for and they are all doing the best they can at this point in time. As a result I suffer from depression. I would appreciate your prayers cause there are days when the pain really gets to me..makes me crabby, irritable and emotional. There are days when I feel bad that I must act like nothing is wrong as nobody wants to hear me complain or know about it. Yet if I do not complain, everyone assumes I am just fine and wants to push me to limits that creates more pain. So I am always torn...whether to say I hurt so folks don't put me in a position I am not capable of or shut up cause nobody wants to hear it.

I do re-enacting, but it is only 3-4 times a year. They all know my condition and allow me to sit, stand, walk or whatever I need to do at the events. I must have something fun to ook forward to. Not trying to create a pity party here, but just letting you know how I feel and not always sure how to deal it with it all. Nobody likes anybody who is weak. Thanks!
Elspeth 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 17-May-2006, 02:01 AM)
There are days when I feel bad that I must act like nothing is wrong as nobody wants to hear me complain or know about it. Yet if I do not complain, everyone assumes I am just fine and wants to push me to limits that creates more pain. So I am always torn...whether to say I hurt so folks don't put me in a position I am not capable of or shut up cause nobody wants to hear it.

Rose,

I so understand what you mean. As soon as you stop telling people what things are like, they assume 'everything is fine'. My minister actually did that to me, wrote - I thought things were going so much better - and all I could think of was - why? just because I hadn't said anything in a while did you assume it was all better. In honesty, it really ticked me off. sad.gif

SO!!! That said. PLEASE come here whenever and as often as needed and tell us how you REALLY are. We really want to know. Chronic illnesses and situations are difficult for people to know how to respond to. Personally, I figure things are always difficult for people in these situations, because if they weren't those who suffer chronically would be shouting Halleleuijah from the rooftops.

Rose, you are an amazingly sweet and kind person and to know you can be that way even when suffering makes you truly a gift. You are so kind to others, let us be kind to you whenever you need it.

I'll shut up now, I'm rambling.....
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hey Elspeth! You are so very kind! My mother was born and raised in the south and she always had the mentality that you never air your dirty laundry to others. so my relaitives have the same attitude. However, I ran into a situation recently with my SIL who wanted to take advantage of me and I had to let her know...not so nicely...I was not physically able to do what she expected of me. It caused some hard feelings, but what the heck do I have to do...be in a wheel chair for others to know the pain and limitations I am in?! It is so dang frustrating that you have to scream for anybody to notice. Otherwise, everyone assumes you are fine. They do not want to hear you complain and yet if you do not, they ASSume everything is fine and you are capable of doing everything! Really makes me angry....doesn't it you, Elspeth? I guess the squeaky wheel does get the oil!

Elspeth. I do so hope and pray you are not suffering in the least. If you are, I would like to know, even if you write me personally and privately. We can pray for each other. There are so many kind, sweet, caring people on this site and I find you to be one them. I have the most love for CR because there are so many caring, loving people on this site.

Hugs to you all!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]