Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Current & Past Royalty, I was King or Queen for the day!
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

It's not necesary to beat hell on anybody to be on top in this game.

We all have seen this, how do you know how many gold you should spent in a recruitment mission, and how do you know how many workers will you get?

If the recruitment mission had some logic then you could control if you want to be on top or not. And you could be ready for this.

I'm sure queen Morgana didn't want to get the top with just one "lucky" click, but this is the way the game works.

If you think that's a good reason to attack or be attacked, I respect it.

But in my way of thinking she hasn't offended you just because she tried to get some more workers.

Have a Nice Day

tallerlacuba

--------------------
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
lschillinger 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

QUOTE (Taliesin @ 07-Apr-2009, 04:36 PM)
Sometimes, when I say "lol", I don't actually laugh out loud.  That time, I did.  Funny stuff.

However, if you think about it, in theory, she's now paying 45,000+ workers, all of whom are probably grateful to have jobs in this economy.  I'm sure they'd fight and die for her.  wink.gif

So attack her if you dare.  But before you shout that the workers ought to simply eat cake when they have no bread, remember, there are more of them than us.  wink.gif

I am also LOLing, My lords you have given me a good laugh this morning. Thank you..

(*thinks* - the "economy" and begins laughing all over again)

And Good Luck to Queen Morgana! Congrats! biggrin.gif

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Taliesin 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

This game does not guarantee anyone a peaceful existence. If you end up at the top, and someone else wants to be there, and is willing to put their troops where their mouth is, then get ready for an assault. lol

One of the things I like about this game. smile.gif

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
davlcam 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

QUOTE (Taliesin @ 08-Apr-2009, 12:01 PM)
This game does not guarantee anyone a peaceful existence.  If you end up at the top, and someone else wants to be there, and is willing to put their troops where their mouth is, then get ready for an assault.  lol

One of the things I like about this game.  smile.gif

Lets think about this for a bit...

Morgana probably doesn't have much of an army, or much of an infrastructure. She was relatively inactive, and very low on the scoreboard, well below the top 50. What she does have is a buttload of unemployeed workers. Yet, because this number is so insanely out of wack, and because worker count is the primary factor in determining score, she is thousands of points ahead of anyone.

Now, at this point, any of us with a decent army could attack her, and litterally wipe out her Kingdom, destroy her armies, eliminate her infrastructre, and guess what. She'd still be #1. No army, no buildings, but at the top of the leader board. Not only that, but because her score is so high, she cant retaliate. She cant attack anyone because of the restrictions in place based on score. So she literally is an absolute sitting duck.

Most of us now realize that at some point Workers are just not worth it. Training costs become extreemly prohibitive after a certain point, as the cost to train them is more that the benefit of the resources that they would generate. This number is debatable, but personally I wouldnt want much more than say 1,200 workers. Maybe less. The second factor is that too many workers keep you from being able to attack people below you. Look at MacD. This guy has around 680 workers, but he is able to maintain one of the strongest armies in the game. And he knows that by keeping his score low, people with armies big enough to hurt him can't do it because they have around 1000 more workers than he does.

So because of this, no one who wants to be able to fight/ engage in battles, is going to send Slavers after Morgana. Slavers aren't really cost effective (its cheaper to buy than to steal) until you are at around 800 or so. This too is a second disincentive for stealing workers from Morgana. So I think we should all get comfortable with the idea that Morgana will be Queen for a looong time, unless someone else wants to become the next puppet Monarch by following my new guide to MK Royalty below:

Want to be King or Queen of CR.? Here is how to do it. Get a small # of workers. Put them all in gold mines. Log in once a week. Build Mines, lots and lots! Dont waste your time with armies. Stay under the radar. If you dont appear to be a threat, no one will attack you. Go on an extended vacation. Come back after a month, and put all your gold into recruitment. One click and BAM, King of CR.
bag.gif

--------------------
Ruithidh an taigeis fhein le bruthaich.
PMEmail Poster               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I agree with you in almost everything Lord davlcam.

So why not to call the things by it's real name?

The game needs to be redefined in the item of "recruitment missions", things like this are unfair.

But let me tell you something my Lord, you don't need to spent lots of gold to get a large number of workers.

And I think she didn`t spent all of her resources in that mission, but just a little more than the minimum needed.

I have done that all the time, and I have gotten many workers, of course not as much as Queen Morgana or Lord djam1023.

Many of us work hard managing our Kingdoms, building, training, assigning, etc to have a good place in the rating, but this kind of unlogical things can bring discomfort to the game.

What's the goal of this game?

Be the first or have the largest army?

I think both, but the game itself has demonstrated other thing.

I think the score system should be reviewed too.

tallerlacuba

PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wise, VA

male

you can find out the MINIMUM amount of gold you have to put in to begin receiving workers. Lets say you put in zero gold and hit recruit then it will tell you you need X amount of gold to receive workers so you put that amount in or a little bit higher and you've got a good amount of workers.. I refuse to believe that the new queen did this and put in a small amount of gold and suddenly receive like 45,000??? i know this game has it's hits and misses but i fail to see it doing that. She simply put in way too much gold without trying that and it gave her an ungodly amount of workers.
As I said before tallerlacuba I do not intend to attack your dear friend at any time to try and build my score up or bring her down, i was simply saying there will be some who frown upon her recent sudden success and "stroke of luck" as you may call it and choose to strike her because their armies are much bigger.

the workers barely help your resources at all in my opinion, the only thing I've ever seen them do for me is raise my socre not my output of resources. they're useless for the most part and seem only to be used for increasing of score so that one can climb the ladder here. some who dare climb that ladder must only hope that someone is down at the bottom of it supporting it so they don't fall off wink.gif

--------------------
ALBA GU BRATH
PMEmail Poster               
morgana_l_f 
Posted: 09-Apr-2009, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Dakota

female

Well I'm sorry I don't know how to play the game. I miscounted my zeros when recruting workers. (I do know the trick to finding the minimum amount to spend)
I had actually been unable to log in and play for several weeks before this so I was just trying to get back into it. Though I had been wondering about how the scores were given out. I guess I know now tongue.gif I am trying my best to play this game. I had not tried to jump the ladder so suddenly. It was actually quite a shock to me this morning when I logged on and saw I was queen (I couldn't figgure out why people kept congratulating me) and stirred up so much commotion. Even I do not think it is fair. Maybe through events like this though, the game matrix can be improved for future play.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hail! Hail! We have a new King!!! king.gif

Long live the King...congratulations again my liege Maisky!!!

Lady of Avalon of Avalon Island

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Harlot 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Congradutations King Maisky!!! king.gif

Lady Harlot

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Congratulations King Maisky!!!!! king.gif

Lady Valpal

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
McRoach 
  Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
836,256 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

King Maisky, the crown suits you well, may it rest upon your head for a long time and may those who would try and take it from you quickly perish.

Cheers! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Congratulations to the new King maisky of Idaho. king.gif

Long life and enjoy it.

tallerlacuba note.gif
englishmix 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Dear honorable King Maisky,

May your throne always be kind to your hemorrhoids!

Hey, I got my eye on it! The throne, that is - not your hem.... unsure.gif But, err..., its gonna take a while before I claim my rightful throne. Just you wait.

The illustrious Lord Englishmix of Kilkerran beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 23-Apr-2009, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Congratulations to the new King and highly respected knight of the realm.

May your reign be the longest one my lord as you are the most deserving of this crown. As you have the most noble heart in all the kingdom and I hope that your barons will follow in your example and fight for what you believe in honesty,valor,loyalty and integrity. Royal02.gif

Your humble servant always,
Lady of Avalon
Queen of Avalon Island
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 23-Apr-2009, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Lady of Avalon told everything.

Congratulations to the new King Carolina Scotsman. king.gif

May your time as a King be happy and long.

You mercy it.

tallerlacuba
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]