Keltic 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

I'm a Celtic metalsmith (jeweller). I was a computer programmer for the House of Commons (Canadian Parliament) but I got early parole two and a half years ago.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
andylucy 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

I work for a county wide E-911 dispatch center. I am also a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I have degrees in history, archaeology, and theology. The lesson? Don't major in the above if you want a job in those areas, not if you want to eat. biggrin.gif Most importantly, though, I am my wife's husband and my sons' father. Wouldn't trade that for anything! thumbs_up.gif

Just my tuppence.

Andy

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

I'm an RN. I work 12 hr nights in an extended rehab hospital. This means that after you EMT types get them to the hospital, and after the trauma hospital gets them healed up enough that they aren't likely to die, we get them. We keep them until the bones and organs and wounds heal. We give lots of antibiotics for nasty germs like MRSA and VRE. We do gentle physical therapy to get them strong enough to go to the intensive rehab centers and learn to walk again.........That's the theory, anyway. The reality is we get the little old bedridden folks who are so debilitated that it's going to take 6 months to heal a decubitus. The level 3 hospital we partner with needs their beds for acute patients, so we get lots of wound care, diabetic and dialysis folks whose foot sores don't heal, and people who are so confused that thay wouldn't benefit from regular rehab. The MRSA and VRE are the same though... wink.gif

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 02:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I'm an employee with administration; in addition I'm bringing up my two sons and am coordinating our life...fulltime job but love it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Macfive @ Jan 11 2004, 07:59 PM)
I work for an Insurance company as a disability adjuster. Whaaa, don't tell me tomorrow is monday!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

Hey Paul tomorrows Tuesday it is Monday laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Retired but do some webmastering in my free time for friends and such.

Guess if you had to say my jobs world traveler as we are trying to travel now while we still can. wink.gif We want to see the world we live in not just read about it in a book wishing we could be there. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
tartangal 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

I'm a ward sister in the Acute Respiratory Unit in one of Glasgow's teaching hospitals.We carry out a lot of investigative work but also care for people with acute illness and management of chronic illness.Unfortunately because of the nature of the west coast behaviour (bad diet, alcohol excess and heavy smoking) we also diagnose and manage lots of people with lung cancers.
The area that my hospital covers also takes in about 90% of all the hostels and homeless shelters in Glasgow so we care for a lot of people with T.B.
It is an interesting but very busy job. smile.gif

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I work for a vacuum cleaner franchise. What I do covers a lot of ground. I maintain our computer systems, build databases, oversee direct mail campaigns, repair vacuums, sell vacuums when needed, inventory control, tech support, train new employees.

I can't think of everything else I do right now. There really is no "job description" for me.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

I am an Aviation Analyst for a consulting group. Basically I spend all my time trying to keep business and commercial aircraft in the air, and away from the edges. The edges can be defined by buildings, houses, trees, schools, oceans and intergalactic space. Airplanes don't fly so good at the edges. Since I spent the previous 10 years of my life as an Operations Supervisor at the local Airport, I am enjoying my desk job, especially in the winter. I get to listen to great music and chat with you interesting folks.

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I'm a Drafter (Techinical Illustrator) and a materials purchaser for a hydraulic cylinder maker in Edmonton.

I draw the production drawings of all the parts for our machinists and buy the steel they need to make the parts with.

In other words, I get blamed for everything that goes wrong. tongue.gif

king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ Jan 12 2004, 10:53 AM)
I'm a Drafter (Techinical Illustrator) and a materials purchaser for a hydraulic cylinder maker in Edmonton.

Oldraven, Oilers fan? They just beat up my Flyer 3-0.

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

DO???????? eek.gif
You mean I'm supposed to be doing something??????? fear.gif

No wonder I'm adrift at sea............ dontgetit.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Elspeth

I think you're job lately seems to be computer fixer LOL laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Eamon @ Jan 12 2004, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (oldraven @ Jan 12 2004, 10:53 AM)

Oldraven, Oilers fan? They just beat up my Flyer 3-0.

Eamon

Yes, I root for the Oil, when ever they play. Unless, of course, they're playing the Habs (Montreal Canadians). The Habs will always be me #1 team, even if they haven't played a decent game in five or six years.

I went to my first NHL game a few months back. Blackhawks @ Oilers. Awesome experience. thumbs_up.gif

beer_mug.gif

I used to work with some die hard Flyers fans. I would tease them by refusing to call them anything but the Red Wings (symbols are pretty similar). It pissed them off a lot, but I got a hoot out of it.
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 12-Jan-2004, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ Jan 12 2004, 12:00 PM)

I used to work with some die hard Flyers fans. I would tease them by refusing to call them anything but the Red Wings (symbols are pretty similar). It pissed them off a lot, but I got a hoot out of it.

Red Wings...yep, that would do it. Don't worry about your Habs. They will be back sticking banners on the roof of the Bell Center before long. You guys are in the toughest division in the East, and are in good shape to pull one an easy seed in the playoffs.

I get to go the the Flyers games quite a bit. Its a totally different game live. Sent my Mom and Dad to the game tonight against the Penguins (2nd row, between the blue line and the corner) as his birthday present.

Love hockey.

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]