Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
coastman 
Posted: 27-Jan-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Nice collection. We may have to use those guns. My collection is not that large. We all enjoy guns. My grandson just killed his first deer with his bow. Even the girl grandkids enjoy shooting.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jan-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Unless I am working on or using one, mine stay locked up. Of course there are a couple of exceptions, those being the ones that I would use to defend the rest.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 27-Jan-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I do not believe what I saw on ABC News to-night. It seems that if you go on google and type in "Grenade Launcher" you will directed to 164.000 sites from which you can buy one. The only restriction is that you must live in a state that allows them (seemily most do) and have a gun permit. I do not believe you people. What in the name of Beelzabub's Buttocks would you need a grenade launcher for.? Haggis Hunting or is the big bad government coming to take you away?

Camac.

PS: I stand corrected it is 201,000sites for Grenade Launchers for Sale.

Patch 
Posted: 27-Jan-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Camac:

Typical of the liberal news media. You have to have a ClassIII permit to own full auto weapons, a military armament permit or be a licensed international arms dealer to own grenades. There are very few of any of those. Really, it is a piece of NON news! Twisted by the liberal left to promote a warped agenda.

In the US more doctors accidently kill their patients than are accidentally killed by firearms. I can look up the numbers but 1500 compared to well over 90M firearms in private hands covers the firearms. Guns in the US are safer than cars or doctors.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 27-Jan-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

IF I am a law abiding citizen, which I am, I should have the right to own anything short of an "A-bomb"! There is no reason that I can't have these things if I don't intend tose them on LAWFUL and PEACEFUL folk. Those that DON'T come under that heading need to fear me NO MATTER what I have in hand! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 28-Jan-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Dogshirt;

Why stop short of a Nuke? More bang for the buck. I know your constitution says your allowed guns but surely a grenande launcher is a bit over the top. BTW how many on the Forum have seen what a 40mm grenade does to a human body. I have and depending on where it strikes some times it is hard to believe that what your looking at was once a person. Irregardless if the report was by the so called Liberal Media the very fact that an individual can go on Google and purchase these weapons is incomprehensible to me. There is a ban on assault weapons but that's OK I'll buy a Grenade Launcher and just blow someone away.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 28-Jan-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Camac:

They lie and that is an understatement!

You folks must live in terrible fear if you believe all of this. You might be able to buy a "launcher" that has been rendered inoperative. The other possibility is that the govt. has "bait" out on the net to reel in islamic jihadists which they actually DO but I would think a grenade launcher would be of little demand to Americans. We have rifles which would be more effective anti personnel tools and a grenade will no longer stop armored vehicles. I HAVE heard that Radical islamists would like to get SAM missiles into the country but fortunately that has not happened. Our government is watching both the Canadian and Mexican borders for that. They X-Ray containers on ships for that reason also. Try searching the topic and see who comes to visit you. I can buy a "de-milled" machine gun as can any one here but it is a curiosity only. It will not now or ever be able to be fired. I have a grenade launcher kit that came with my springfield bolt action "06" when I bought it from the government some years ago. Grenades require an "explosive ordinance device" license which again very few people have.

Those with military experience know that if you need to use a grenade, nothing else quite does the job.

I personally hold three licenses and at one time had four. Maybe people in your country can not be trusted with firearms but that is not the case here.

A bit of information, concealed carry licenses apps. have increased 500% in the last 6 months including NY and Calif. Those two are just a bit behind that figure.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 28-Jan-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

If they lie why are these sites on Google> To name a few;

1. Armament Services INternatioal,Inc.
2. Combat Sport Supply
3. NexTag
4. Dead Bang Guns and Automatics S.C. ( it is legal to own these weapons in South Carolina)
5.Ricca Surplus Sales
6. Guns America.
This is just scraping the list. All the above are suppliers of Class III weapons and can provide all the info you need to purchase one including how to apply for a permit.

As to us living in fear well we don't our Gun Laws are fairly strong. What does upset us is the constant flow of smuggled arms across the border from the US. Unlike the states when our country expanded the Law (N.W.M.P/R.C.M.P.)was there awaiting the new settlers not like in the states when it showed up after it was to late.

Camac

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 28-Jan-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

If you went to any of those sites, "God help you" as you likely have a label on your name now.

Class III firearms are legal in the US only WITH a FEDERAL license and several thousand dollars each year per firearm. If someone wants to spend the money and give the govt that much information, they should have one. The Federal govt will tell you how to apply for the permit. The govt here tracks them from manufacture/importation FOREVER! I know the fire arms laws here at the federal level and in most states.

Sadly you know nothing of our laws here though you speak as if you do.

I do not speak to your laws which I know little about except that which pertains to hunting rifles. Oh, and that your national registration fell apart after the cost went astronomical and most people ignored it. Actually I am not aware of any Americans being caught smuggling firearms into Canada though I know of three instances where Canadians were caught at the border entering the US illegally with a hand gun.

Another interesting point would be that all of those guns coming into Canada from the US. are being purchased by someone. If there were no demand it would not be happening, if in fact it really is. It could just be an urban legend.

I hate to be so blunt Camac, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 28-Jan-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;
To begin the Gun Registration here was for Long Guns and Shot Guns not automatic weapons or Handguns and personally I would have like to see it go through. All legal hand guns must be registered and automatics are banned. The smuggling that occurs is done by the criminal element, drugs for guns. If handguns weren't so easily available in the states the problem we have would be minimized.

Yes I went to a couple of those sites and I really don't give a damn if I have a label on my name as I have absolutely no intention of owning a fire arm of any description. Your right I know little or nothing of your gun laws only that they seem to be very lax. I do know that guns are readily obtainable and that your gun lobby has way to much power and influence and the very fact that these weapons are available legally is ludicrous. There is no sane reasonable reason why an individual would want to obtain such weapons other than to boast that they have one.

I know and have known many people who were or are hunter and I can tell you this that there is a standing joke amoungst them that goes "When the Yanks come here to Hunt, stay at home".
Neither one is going to change the others opinion but we both have the right to state them and from up here you guys are gun crazy.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 28-Jan-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

We actually have more firearms regulations here than you in Canada. The main difference, we work to keep them from the hands of criminals and your country tries to keep them out of everyones hands.

Your BC and Ontario have, for a long time, required proof of successful completion of a hunter safety course from all non resident hunters.

The only instance that I recall of what might have been "careless" use of a firearm was accomplished by a decorated officer in your military (a veteran of several wars) retired. At the dinner table in the lodge near Timmins we noticed that that year he had to "squint" to see what he was eating. He was a "fixture" at the lodge during the bear and often moose season. He had been a selective hunter and that year harvested a half grown cub. No one said anything but to his credit, he never returned. I suspect he was suffering from macular degeneration or the like. I never felt in danger nor did anyone else in the camp. It was a sad end for a man who had hunted Africa, Asia, India, Canada, the US and the USSR. Most people who own and use firearms know when it is time to put them up. We are trained that way here.

Your criminal element will get armament from somewhere. Full Auto AK47's can be had for about $30. USD in islamic African countries. Cheap, medium and high quality hand guns are more prolific in Europe than in the US. There are many miles of unpatroled coast line in Canada so getting armament in would be quite easy I am sure.

I do not propose that you change your laws and I expect we will keep ours. That is why nations have borders.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 29-Jan-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Several area firearms dealers are running "valentine day" specials. I think it is a novel idea.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Feb-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

OSU's Second Amendment Research Center shut down; Anti-gun "think tank" had ties to Obama

Submitted by cbaus on Wed, 12/02/2009 - 00:10.

* Ohio Politics
* Guns in the News
* Gun Grabbers

By Chad D. Baus

Randy Barnett, writer for the pro-gun blog The Volokh Conspiracy , is reporting that the Ohio State University's Second Amendment Research Center (SARC), an anti-gun "think tank" with strong ties to Barack Obama, has been shut down.

Barnett notes that the ex-Center's URL [http://www.secondamendmentcenter.org] is out of service and the OSU operator had no information. The story goes on to say that the Center's director, historian Saul Cornell, this year moved on to a chair at Fordham University, and his bio shows the dates of the SARC to be 2002–2008.

From the story:

This "scholarly" center was one of the initiatives funded by the Joyce Foundation to support writings that opposed the academic consensus that had previously arisen that the original meaning of the Second Amendment protected an individual right.

Readers of this blog will remember the infamous Joyce Foundation funded symposium at Chicago Kent from which any dissenting scholars were excluded in the interest of "balancing" all the rest of Second Amendment scholarship. Apparently, its scholarly purpose having been exhausted by the decision in Heller, it has ceased its scholarly mission. It is no more.

As Buckeye Firearms Association reported in September 2008, Barack Obama sat on the Joyce Foundation's board of directors from 1994 through 2002. During that time, the Foundation awarded SARC $525,000. All told, Obama and the board signed off on more than $20 million dollars in grants to anti-gun groups like SARC, the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, the Violence Policy Center, etc.

Barnett's observation that the Heller ruling obliterated the need for SARC's existence is spot on. As Buckeye Firearms Association Legislative Chair Ken Hanson noted in his analysis of the victory in Heller in June 2008, while the overall victory was a narrow one (5-4), 9 of 9 sharply ideologically divided judges considered all of the body of the law and 100% rejected the collectivist theory (fraud) foisted upon the American people for two decades.

"Saul Cornell and other scholars who have concluded for years that the Second Amendment is merely a collective right are 100% dead wrong on the body of their life's work," Hanson wrote in response to the Supreme Court ruling. "The collectivist fraud has been as soundly rebuffed as it can be rebuffed."

As it turns out, it seems the Supreme Court wrote SARC's death warrant, and Hanson penned the epitaph.

Chad D. Baus is the Buckeye Firearms Association Vice Chairman

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 09-Feb-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Second Amendment March Townhall Meeting
printable page
Submitted by drieck on Fri, 02/05/2010 - 13:39.

* BFA News

[Second Amendment Townhall] The Second Amendment is under attack like never before in our nation's history. And now you have the chance to stand up and show your support for America's first freedom.

You're invited to attend a FREE townhall meeting on February 20, 2010, at Black Wing Shooting Center to discuss plans for the Second Amendment March on Washington D.C. this April and a separate march at the Ohio Statehouse.

Talk personally to elected officials and candidates. Meet Second Amendment supporters from all over Ohio. See how you can participate in this historic march.

Arrangement for buses to Washington D.C. will also be discussed. If you're planning to attend, this is the easy way to get there.

The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.

It is the one right that protects all others.

This event is FREE. Mark your calendar and attend this important townhall meeting

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]