> I'm Stumped
horselover1975 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

male

Call me dumb, but I'm having a hard time figuring out this game. Help. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
seamusmaccorcrain 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Barony of Bergental, East Kingdom, SCA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #31
40,070 Gold!

Set up workers to work, recruit new workers thru missions, not slavers, and build up research as fast as you can.

That's first order of business.....then build mines, farms and lumber camps.

Lord Seamus , also still learning
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
subhuman 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

First post here will let you know how much cash you must spend to get more workers: http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...showtopic=12199

Once you have the workers, you must assign them tasks, which also costs money. If you do not assign them, they do nothing for you.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 22-Dec-2008, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

All good advice. I too am just begining but have most of it so far figured out.

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
hydroshok40 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 01:41 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Hermiston, OR

male

I think most of are still figuring it out. My main problem is that it takes so long to build up the resources to do research and construction. It helps if you join a good clan where the members help each other and the leader is knowledgable about what is going on, and passes on that knowledge. King McRoach is great for that. In the meantime.....have a cold on on me!!!!! beer_mug.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (hydroshok40 @ 23-Dec-2008, 02:41 AM)
I think most of are still figuring it out. My main problem is that it takes so long to build up the resources to do research and construction. It helps if you join a good clan where the members help each other and the leader is knowledgable about what is going on, and passes on that knowledge. King McRoach is great for that. In the meantime.....have a cold on on me!!!!! beer_mug.gif biggrin.gif

Hydroshok40,

Yes leadership and participation within a clan can play a major role into building a strong clan while at the same time helping to figure out the game and monitoring .

Helping out our fellow clansmate is very important...it's called "support".

Lady of Avalon

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I am having lots of fun with the game. I am trying to figure out why I am sliding in points though. I went from over 10,000 to just over 7,000 in a few days.

Oh Well!

Happy Holidays!

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
829,740 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (Faerydreamer @ 23-Dec-2008, 10:37 AM)
I am trying to figure out why I am sliding in points though. I went from over 10,000 to just over 7,000 in a few days.

Losing points is unusual, I've seen this happen after a battle (myself and those I attacked) smile.gif but the only other time I am aware of point loss is if you UNtrain your workers. Subhuman probably has some tech code style formula figured out on this but those are the only point reduction reasons I can think of.

-Chieftain McRoach

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
ArwenLegolas 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Pasadena Texas USA

female

Well, I am stumped too, even after reading this forum. I am trying to use my own Manorial Device. My coat of arms was granted to me by the Lords of Lismore and Lorne. It is my Avatar on this board. I own Land in Lairds Wood on Keil Hill in the Parish of Lismore and Lordship of Lorne. Also, is there a clan of Lorne, Lismore or Lochaber here on this board?
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (ArwenLegolas @ 23-Dec-2008, 06:25 PM)
Well, I am stumped too, even after reading this forum. I am trying to use my own Manorial Device. My coat of arms was granted to me by the Lords of Lismore and Lorne.  It is my Avatar on this board. I own Land in Lairds Wood on Keil Hill in the Parish of Lismore and Lordship of Lorne. Also, is there a clan of Lorne, Lismore or Lochaber here on this board?

ArwenLegolas,

Please forgive me but I simply don't have a clue what you are talking about here with owning lands and clan Lorne and such...

You have open an account in the same game as us here in Medieval Kingdom and there is no such clans as Lorne,Lismore or Lochaber as you mention here...could it be that you are mistaking this game with something else?????

I would like to help you but don't understand your meaning.Sorry.

LOA
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
subhuman 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Losing points is unusual, I've seen this happen after a battle (myself and those I attacked) smile.gif but the only other time I am aware of point loss is if you UNtrain your workers. Subhuman probably has some tech code style formula figured out on this but those are the only point reduction reasons I can think of.

Those are the only conditions under which I've seen point loss occur as well.
After each battle, you lose points equal to the value of your forces lost. If workers change hands, each assigned worker lost loses you 40 points, each unassigned worker loses you 10 points. Whoever captures the workers sees a gain of the same amount from workers.
An attacker in a battle can finish with a net gain in points, if the points gained from captured workers exceeds the points lost from destroyed military forces.

Each worker you unassign will cause you to lose 30 points. Note: this should be an almost last-resort option, since you'll have to pay the money to assign them tasks again in the future.

Somewhere in the instructions I remember reading that building also have a point value. Either this is incorrect or the value is quite small, as I don't see any gain in points from building. Once again, the only way I know to lose building is to be attacked.

There is a third option I just thought of: migration. If you opt to migrate, you lose all your buildings and half of your military. This will definitely result in a loss of score.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]