Billsnerdness 
Posted: 24-Jul-2003, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Upstate NY

female

biggrin.gif This is easy.... I listen to Cherish the Ladies, Joanie Madden, The Cheiftains, The Irish Rovers, The Pogues, Maire Brennan, anything with Bagpipes or the tin whistle... gues I pretty much like it all...... happy.gif

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of the red haired dragon, for thou art crispy and go well with ketchup!
PMEmail Poster               
pockets 
  Posted: 29-Jul-2003, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Middle Earth, New Zealand

awww it has to be Capercaillie at the moment followed closely by our local bands - Celtic Plus and The Jimmies.
We have these dances down at the local hall during the winter months. They're great and have a real old time U.K. feel about it. It's so good for us to get back to our roots particularly when you are 5 generations away from the 'homeland' and not allowed to return to the land of our forefathers, except for holidays so we make our own bit of home with the music which does nicely thank you.
And now I will find some more with this super site.

biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Scatha Arzetyn 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lothlorien

female

I like The Crossing, Clannad,....
Who else is there? [Pooh]Think, think, think[/Pooh]
I've heard just enough Connie Dover & Mary Black to know that I like them, but not enough to know how much.
Bunch of other people that I can't of off the top of my head as well.
The McKrells are a pretty cool Bluegrass band with Celtic influences.

FloweroftheWest, The Song of Albion trilogy is an excellent series. smile.gif I've read it about 3-4 times.
The first book is The Paradise War, and yes, the second & thrid are The Silver Hand, & The Endless Knot.

My Da used to have a tape of music inspired by The Paradise War, but he gave it to a friend of his years ago & I've not seen it since. sad.gif

You're right about how well researched he is. I first read them before I knew anything about Celtic mytholgy and was surprised as I went along just how many things I recognised from the boks. smile.gif

I'm rambling aren't I? heh.............

We now return you to your regulary scheduled thread

Anja II

--------------------
If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of rememberance. --King Theoden
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
243,774 Gold!

Hi Scatha,

Welcome to the board!

Connie Dover and The Mckrells maybe coming on the broadcast soon as we have heard from both musicians. Hope to receive their CD's soon to hear them ourselves!

Again, welcome to board. Enjoy! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ShannonsSong 
Posted: 14-Aug-2003, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

I listen to just about everything. If we're talking Celtic though - Dougie MacLean, Ed Miller, Alasdair Fraser, Capercaille (did I spell that right?), Corsairs (not totally Celtic, but they've got some great songs including Hielan' Laddie), and Old Blind Dogs.

SS
PMEmail Poster               
ShannonsSong 
Posted: 14-Aug-2003, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

We need some rating in between "like it" and "Love it!" LOL Could we get an "I'm really fond of this song, and would like to listen to it more, but it's not the top on my list because I haven't heard it enough?"

SS
PMEmail Poster               
GreenHatGuy 
Posted: 12-Sep-2003, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

Hi all. I am new to Celtic music (from the US) and new to this site. We have recently lucky enough to go see The Old Blind Dogs. I think they are fantastic. I don't hear too much about them on this forum.

Can anyone give me an overall view of how OBD fits into the Celtic music scene?
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 12-Sep-2003, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

I'm new to this forum and new to the site (although i'vbe been listening to it for a few years now). I may be off here, but the first celtic CD I ever bought is still my favorite- Sons of Somerled. Steve McDonald does awesome work. His music is haunting and uplifting at the same time. He also throws in quite a bit of a history lesson when he can. I also like Gary Stadler-although he may be considered new age he is played on this site. He is one to listen to when you go to bed at night or just want to relax. Steve McDonald is who you listen to anytime you need an emotional jarring around, or just want to sit around and tip a few. I also listen to him to get me all worked up before soccer games and search warrants. angel_not.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Cailiosa 
Posted: 24-Sep-2003, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Western Kentucky

female

At the moment I am in a Christy Moore mood, though I've only found one station online that plays his music and I haven't been able to find any of his cds in the US. I also like Connie Dover, Sean and Dolores Keane, Capercaille, Solas, Gaelic Storm, Great Big Sea, Seven Nations . . . the list could go on and on.

--------------------
"For man He suffered and He died:
If man will take His word as guide
And leave all infamy,
Then we shall come to happiness
And blisses more than we can guess in Jesu's company."

Check out my journal
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 29-Sep-2003, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I really like Heather Dale. I have 2 of her CD's - she has a great voice. "What's up yours?" is hilarious! "Highway Man" by Loreena McKinnet is great and one of my favorites.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
shycartech 
Posted: 29-Sep-2003, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

Wicked Tinkers are BADASS live! Tempest is very good, Cuillin (not around anymore), Shooglenifty rocks Celt style, Seven Nations, Black 47 is good pub music.
I'm also very eclectic, anything but rap and "light rock".
scott
PMEmail Poster               
FireStormReel 
Posted: 07-Oct-2003, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Orono, Maine (UMaine)

female

I like just about every kind of Celtic music, whether it is trad. or not. Great Big Sea has been my favorite since 6th grade - I'm a freshman in college now. The Cottars are a really good new - and very young - group. I saw them during the summer. Basically, my CD collection consists of a lot of Celtic music with a sprinkling of some other stuff.
PMEmail Poster               
egilmez2 
  Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Hi,every body.I am from Turkey(Türkiye) and i find this radio from internet.I am 30 years old and i interest Scottish pipe music.If you have some bagpipe musics in your computers im MP3 format can you e-mail me to " [email protected]".
Thanks all. walkman.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 19-Oct-2003, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

One of my Favorite Songs that I have not been able to find here is "RAGLAN ROAD" sung by Fair Isle Folk.

I found this and other good song by sung by:

Barleycorn, Dublin City Ramblers, Mary Black, Paddy Reilly, De Danann, Makem & Clancy, Johnny McEvoy and Brian Byrne.

This is a cassette GOLDEN SOUNDS OF IRISH FOLK produced in association with Dolphin Traders Ltd., 56 Moore Street, Dublin 1
thumbs_up.gif walkman.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Kelly W. West
Posted: 21-Oct-2003, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

New here, since I finally got a connection fast enough to use Itunes on the better stations. Some of my favorite Celtic and celtic influenced bands are Steeleye Span, Clam Chowder, Tears for Beers(OK their german but I love their version of Raggle taggle gypsy and Step it out Mary), tempest, Dust Rhinos and Anwwn(Shame aboutt them breaking up).

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]