Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

well, you know that I am not very fond of Godmoding (up in the terminology I explained it) and I would like to cut it out in the future of this forum, simply because I find it fairer to all other characters.

We could also get a board of GM's people that would like to lead little story-lines. Those who do, be warned, you can't play if you are GameMaster.
We could put up a board of GM's which will rotate with the threads we open. Or a chance programme that will spit out the name if a button is pressed.

I want to hear your oppinions though. So get posting =)

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

just kinda wondering why all the talk about god-modding?

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

because it's practiced quite thoroughly here, and it's just something that is very much anchored in RPG-etiquette. You just don't write what another character does or says.
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Ah ha now i see! smile.gif
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

I didn't vote.

Considering that Highlander Castle is simply a story line, I don't feel that it should be considered in this poll and since I only partisipate in HLC, I don't feel that I should vote. I have yet to see a real RPG here. Once one is started and IF I choose to be a part of it, then I might vote.

angel.gif
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Angel, HC is a RPG, not the most strict sense but it is one since characters were developed and actions are taken according to those development. This is the basic definition of RPG.

I think I did make enough suggestions. A rule-bases Pen&Paper RPG is not possible in a forum since we cannot dice out actions taken. I would find it very improper and unfair if the GM throws the dice since nobody else can see it.

The only action we can take that I see is making basic rules up ourselves or playing FFPG's (which are writing based, usually practiced in forums or e-mail).
If you know a rule system suitable for this, I am open for anything, as well as I am open to suggestions towards anything in this forum. I mean it shouldn't only be storyline after storyline but also a forum for discussions concerning rules, or suppliers and alls that has to do with RP'ing.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I know I don't see HC as a game. I see it as one of these contribute your part as the story progresses type things, EQ or a MUD it certainly isn't, and if I want a online RPG that's where I'll go. HC is a developing story. It is not a game in my book.
However, that said, I do believe that the individual who created a given character should be the one to write for that character. This, if for no other reason than simply because they are that character and know where they want to go with them. And they know who that character should be. If anyone writes something involving the actions of another character, they should be careful not do do anything that really tells anything about that character. I would love to have written of a certain feline's reactions to my spell, but I didn't because that is not my place to tell how she reacts to such a foreign and unknown attack.

there's my 2c =)

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

I agree with Angel and Aaedi. but I don't see a problem with writing a line or two, but not a whole conversation
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 20-Dec-2003, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

I wouldn't say it's a problem (aaah finally it's getting into a discussion.. thought that people were dead here wink.gif ).
But it does sort of cross the line, I am quite careful that I don't do it, I mean I could write tons of stuff (I am not only talking about this but also about other FFPG's I participate in) but I just don't do it because it might force the other player/writer into something they did not want to do.
But it's also sort of ingrained into me by now.
I am not talking about changing HC but maybe not doing it in other things we might start.
Whatever effect this poll has in the end, I don't really mind. I am sure I can adapt to either. I just thought of problems it might create for others.. that's why I don't want to do an ultimate choice but rather leave it up to those that participate in this part of the forum...

bleh I think that sounds like a load of pish eh? *runs into a wall*
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted on 21-Dec-2003, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Sorry Mirri, I guess I didn't understand how you see HC. I have had a tough time doing things the way that we have done them in HC, This was my first experiance where some one else wrote in another characters reactions and stuff. I am used to having to wait for the others to post their reactions. That is how we do it in my other writing lines, (sorry don't know the formal name of it.),I still have a tough time dealing with it and it kinda makes me feel that by doing this that the other person behind the character you have writen in for is some how being left out. (Did that make sense?). I agree with you on certain parts, but on others I don't.
I am sure we will get this cleared up. Sorry if I stepped on toes.
*hugs*
angel.gif
Ciarda Lili 
Posted on 21-Dec-2003, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

I don't think anyone should write for someone else's character unless they are on vacation, left the board or have not responded in a certain time. I play EQ with my husband and it's hard for me to wait for a response in here. HeHe. But I will go along with whatever the group decides to do. I'm flexible.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted on 21-Dec-2003, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I agree that we shouldn't write for other people, but occasionally a line or two to maintain your flow in what you are currently writing would be OK, and I know that I was wondering how I was going to get back into the story until someone did this to me and put me back in it =) However, what the character does and says is what defines them, and that should be determined solely by the person who is that character, so don't write paragraphs on someone else's character. A line or two, ok. But not much more. Celeste and I were talking in chat the other day, and there are some instances where it would be impractical not to write a lot of two characters' interactions in one post (such as if they are discussing something), And perhaps those posts like that should be discussed by the parties involved to determine how things should work and what should happen, and then one of them make the post.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

I think that is a wonderful Idea, Aaed, Good for you and Cel *hugs to you both btw*. What I have noticed is that in the HC Story line, the basic communication is missing between people. YOu can't be secretive with what your going to do. oldraven and I are running the story line. WHen we ask how you think your char will react if, or something of the like, it is so that we can help build up to it smoothly. Being secretive just steps on toes. OR and I discuss "Rider & Labban" as often as possible. Before I do something drastic, I ask him what he thinks. Share your thoughts with others in the story line, see if what you are planning will cause the line to hault completely or if it will trasition smoothly.

angel.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
oldraven 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Sh...........................wow.

I don't log on for the weekend, and look at what I miss. biggrin.gif

Rider and Aaed just made any point I would have made. Yes, we should not write much for another character, and in no way should we reveal, or change the status of that Character on our own. The only way is to communicate with the other player, (a term that I use quite loosely).

As far as Godmodding, let's get a true RPG going and cut the crap out of it. HC and maybe even TG should be left as is, since we're not really playing anything. We're just imagining with our keyboards.

So, how about this? We only do what we have permission from the other writer to do.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

meh.. only one day for me and I'm amazed, firstly angel, you did certainly not step on my toes wink.gif

What we are saying here is *points to the "IN FUTURE" in the poll question does not affect TG or HC, simply they were begun in that way and they will certainly go on as they are.
On how anybody writes their character stuff is more a matter of style in there I would say.

Just mentioning Characters is certainly not Godmoding =) Maybe we should set up OOC forums for every thread we have as well as just the playing forum, to plan things or talk to others on how someone wants things to work out. =)

Adam, the problem about a real RPG is the problem about rule-sets. I have yet to discover a working one that does not involve dice or other chance-throws. Because I think it would be unfair towards others.

But I meant it, and I still mean it, I do not want to do anything without the others, since this here should be a project for us all. I just took over modding to have the control of the age of our readers/players because some things might not be suitable for their eyes.
Anything else should be a joint decision for us all. There can be as meany threads in here as you want to discuss various things.

*phew - sweatdrop* I'm often concerned that things I want to express are not coming out right. If anybody discovers somthing that seems sort of weird, please tell me and I'll do my best and explain
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]