Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favored Deities, Who are you drawn to?
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I adhere to the rule of 3's!

Remember what ever you say or due returns thrice to you!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Now to answer the original question:

My god/deitie(s) are personal to me.
I answer to only those spirits.

I believe in a creator being(s), life needs both male and female!

Ying and Yang, good and evil, male and female...

Mother earth and Father sky!

Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I studied alot of the worlds faiths including pagan but I too have to go with God and J.C. But don't tell my wife that. She likes to think I worship only her. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 11-Aug-2007, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

If I appear suspicious and distrustful it’s not without reason; I’ve participated on several Pagan forums where some Christians often felt compelled to inflict their faith upon others with absolute disregard for anyone but themselves (including moderators), smugly ridiculing and denigrating the most deeply held core beliefs of others with evident relish.

If that wasn’t your intent, then I apologize.

To answer the question, the green man and the horned god and the maiden, mother, and crone depending upon the time of the year. I believe that they're all metaphors anyway, mental constructs we create to shrink the infinite into something we can even vaguely comprehend and anthropomorphize into something familiar that we can relate to.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 11-Aug-2007, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I’m afraid that my favorite deity is also fictional, just like the rest of them. She goes by the name of, Mother Nature, and she still brings me to my knees.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 11-Aug-2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 11-Aug-2007, 11:58 AM)
I’m afraid that my favorite deity is also fictional, just like the rest of them. She goes by the name of, Mother Nature, and she still brings me to my knees.

I wouldn't call that so fictional smile.gif As a matter of fact, unless I'm mistaken 'Mother Nature' is a term often used to refer to the mother goddess. And it also seems I remember hearing Mother Nature also going by the name of Dana.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Sekhmet 
Posted: 13-Aug-2007, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Psst - read my username and think about it. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Aug-2007, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Whatever it is that runs a finger up my back when I read a textbook on fetal brain development or see the face a young dancer who's pouring out his gift like a river, and doesn't even know he has it. Some void at the core of everything that I don't know the name of, and perhaps don't need to, pure potential really, that everything comes out of into form. The new beginning at every cycle of the seasons seems to me to be a trace of it in the world of form.

Not very coherent, I'm afraid. smile.gif But it is what calls prayer out of me without thinking, in response.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 13-Aug-2007, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Emmet @ 11-Aug-2007, 02:50 AM)
If I appear suspicious and distrustful it’s not without reason; I’ve participated on several Pagan forums where some Christians often felt compelled to inflict their faith upon others with absolute disregard for anyone but themselves (including moderators), smugly ridiculing and denigrating the most deeply held core beliefs of others with evident relish.

I am a Catholic but do not really practice my religion let's just say that I prefer to believe what I want to believe not being "impose" to believe.

If some answers were disrespectful in your eyes, it should not be.
It was just a question at random and since we are in free countries you and I and the others, well the least we can do is accept the others ideas and beliefs without aggressive comments.This is called tolerance.

I don't think that my believing in God and being Catholic,Christian,Jehovah witness or Baptist or Hamish or Buddhism have anything to do here.We do not need to get all uptight over an innocent question like that.

You are in title of your beliefs, so others and that is the main point here by this question.To get people to express their feelings and opinions in an atmosphere of camaraderie certainly not trying to inflict anything. And I am sorry to say that even today there are some subject that are better left close to discussion.

Sorry if its offends but its my opinion.

Respectfully yours, LOA.

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 18-Aug-2007, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I agree with you on the need of tolerance!

I stick to a quote of Chief Tecumseh of the Shawnee:

"TROUBLE NO ONE ABOUT THEIR RELIGION;
RESPECT OTHERS IN THEIR VIEW,
AND DEMAND THAT THEY RESPECT YOURS:"

The point is that we (those who are no Christians) have often made the experience of NOT being accepted and even worse, so I can relate to Emmet's feelings. I don't think his post was meant in an agressive way at all.

I believe in Creator and Earth Mother and Sky Father, me sheltered between them. A most powerful thing.

But let me just add a personal remark, a thought that came up to my mind, I don't think it's leading off topic, or so I hope at least:

If you think about the animals, the plants, the rocks and the stars - they are one with the Universe and they do not have an actual denomination like humans often seem to need to recognise. Seems like it is man who makes it difficult? I

Belief is a very personal thing. Creator gives each person his or her own concept of HIM/HER/IT - which ever you prefer.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 21-Aug-2007, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 11-Aug-2007, 01:03 PM)
I wouldn't call that so fictional smile.gif  As a matter of fact, unless I'm mistaken 'Mother Nature' is a term often used to refer to the mother goddess.  And it also seems I remember hearing Mother Nature also going by the name of Dana.

Hi Aaediwn, I think that maybe you have misunderstood the meaning of Mother Nature being my favored deity. You see to me, nature is reality, just stick your head out of the church, temple, or the mosque window, it’s all around us. And just because we have chosen to give nature a name like Mother Nature, or what ever, doesn’t make nature fictional, like all the other fictional deities we have created to suite our own insecurities about life and death.
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 21-Aug-2007, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

i look to the god/goddess and the archangel micheal of the firy sword.....so how's that for a bit of both,hmmm?

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 22-Aug-2007, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (John Clements @ 21-Aug-2007, 10:39 AM)
nature is reality, just stick your head out of the church, temple, or the mosque window, it’s all around us. And just because we have chosen to give nature a name like Mother Nature, or what ever, doesn’t make nature fictional, like all the other fictional deities we have created to suite our own insecurities about life and death.

So true.And I agree completely. yes.gif
PM My Photo Album               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 11-Dec-2007, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Bride who is also known as Brighid of the flame.

Now as for Christians posting things of their faith here, I do not mind if they do but if they think it proper to do so then I would like them to invite more Pagan posts in the Christian sites and in fact I would love to see them support the right of the Pagans to post in their boards. After all did not their god teach love and tolerance? But where was that love and tolerance during the Crusades and the Inquisition, or the Salem Witch Trials. It is fortunate that few actual witches were tried and murdered just a bunch of helpless outcasts from Colonial Society. You see, fellow Pagans based on the history of the Christians it may be that Jesus was prophetic when he pondered whether he would find the faith on earth, after all the Christians themselves are killing Christianity!

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 12:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 11-Dec-2007, 08:45 PM)
Bride who is also known as Brighid of the flame.

Now as for Christians posting things of their faith here, I do not mind if they do but if they think it proper to do so then I would like them to invite more Pagan posts in the Christian sites and in fact I would love to see them support the right of the Pagans to post in their boards. After all did not their god teach love and tolerance? But where was that love and tolerance during the Crusades and the Inquisition, or the Salem Witch Trials. It is fortunate that few actual witches were tried and murdered just a bunch of helpless outcasts from Colonial Society. You see, fellow Pagans based on the history of the Christians it may be that Jesus was prophetic when he pondered whether he would find the faith on earth, after all the Christians themselves are killing Christianity!

By all means, if you have anything positive to contribute to any topic, please do so. just keep in mind that only with an open mind can you truly see truth. I for one, do not have all the answers, and freely admit it. I have not and will not "force" beliefs on anyone. If someone seeks an answer that I may have, they can ask and we can discuss it to our mutual benefit.

Although I was brought up being a Christian and heard all of the warnings about "other" groups, I feel that over-zealousness strikes a discord in the balance of the universe. This is not what Christ wanted. History is rife with examples of over-zealousness everywhere.

For me, learning doesn't stop at my front door.

Just my two cents.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]