MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Dec-2005, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 27-Dec-2005, 02:01 PM)
Hey y'all!

FINALLY my house is quiet - hubby went back to work after a week-long holiday, daughter is still out of school but went to work at 3. So its just me and the cats, packing up the Christmas decorations... you know, that can be a challenge when every time you reach to put something in a box, there's a cute little marmalade tabby cat face looking at you from the depths of the packing materials. biggrin.gif

You should've taken a picture of that, SB!

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Dec-2005, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Holy cow, SB! I had no idea there was such a thing! I love the Desert Rocks guitar! Had I known there was such a thing on line, well....... wink.gif

Glad your house is nice and quiet. I saw those herbal comfort packs in the mall! A guy tried really hard to sell me one and boy was I ever tempted! They are really cool, aren't they?

We had a nice Christmas but very very subdued as well as money has been tight with us too. We got each other very small and inexpensive things and very few at that. For the first time in our marriage, nothing exspensive or extravagant. I did get some really cool gifts from others though. My SIL got me a set of trilogy books by Liz Curtis Higgs that I am really proud of. Plus, she got me a pair of earrings that were coral and tourquoise! She had no idea I had been looking for some for months! This was a real shock to both of us! My very special gift though was a new jewelry box. I have never had a really nice jewelry box and I was thrilled to death to get that. What topped it off was that this special friend of mine put inside the most beautiful silver heart bracelet I have ever seen! I told her that bracelet ain't never coming off my wrist and I truly mean that! I was thrilled to death to get that as I collect silver heart jewelry! I was just tinkled pink!

Well I hope y'all have a very Happy New Year. We plan to have a quiet one at home and I will cook Italian food. Y'all have a very safe, healthy and prosperous new year!

gwenlee 
Posted: 31-Dec-2005, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone. It sounds like all of you had a wonderful Christmas. Our family was tight this year too with a wedding, divorce (my daughter) and 2 graduations coming up in May.

My family and I are going to Lawrenceville, GA for New Years Celebration, and we are going to Scottish Country Dance. Sounds like we are going to have a lot of fun.

Rindy: I have never worked for the Indian Health Service. Although I have checked into it a few times. I was interested in going to Montana or New Mexico. But for varies reasons I have never been able accept a position with the agency.

Well I have to go I just wanted to say hello to everyone and with you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

newyear.gif. Be safe while you party and ring in the New Year. I want to see everyone here in 2006

Gwenlee
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jan-2006, 01:54 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. Just wanted to wish you all a very healthy, happy and safe 2006!

Gwenlee! Hope you and your family are doing well. How was your New Years?

Ours was very quiet and just sat at home watching TV and reading. With all the crazy people out there drinking, driving and shooting guns in the air, who wants to be out there, eh? Not me!

I always wanted to work for the Indian Health Service. I applied several times but always got out bid by a Native worker, which as it should be. But always thought it was some place I would love to be at.

Hope everyone is doing well!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Jan-2006, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hey all!

Last night I took down my Christmas tree and lights and stowed them away till next year. It looks kinda bare over by my living room window now. I'm over at my parents' house doing the same. I'm just waiting for my mom to stop fiddling around with the lights she refuses to throw away so I can put the rest of the stuff away.

I swear, my mom is one of the biggest skinflints you'll ever meet. She throws nickels around like they're manhole covers.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Jan-2006, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

MDF, you ought to see the Christmas tree lights my mama has - they've got to be 20 years old, they're those great big ones that get so hot you can't touch them. But mom won't get rid of them!! She says dad wants to keep them, but I suspect they just don't want to spend the $$ on new lights.

But dang it, last year those hot lights actually melted the artifical tree needles!! That only inspired my parents to get a new fake tree - still got those lights. This new tree must be fireproof because not a single needle suffered meltdown this year.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Jan-2006, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Happy New Year!!!

This is the first post I have posted in this thread in 2006 unsure.gif lol

It sounds as though you're all doing well...

Gwenlee & Celtic Rose see it doesn't take me much to mix me up..Gwenlee I have been to both states they are both beautiful but I love Montana..CR- shooting in the streets?? That sounds a bit nuts..

SB-melted a tree?? My brother had sent me about how fast a tree and your entire house can catch fire.. I was shocked... I must of deleted it dang it..I hope your parents tree is now flame proof...for sure...

MDF- I still have mine to take down..you might say I am a bit behind.. I just recently inherited my mom & dads Xmas stuff so I have been busy going through all of these boxes.. Lots of childhood memories.. anyhow I realized I can't keep it all-

Well its really good to see all of you..

I hope 2006 is a great year for you..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 06-Jan-2006, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Listen, about those christmas tree lights -- if the artificial tree material can melt, the lights are very dangerous whether they start a real fire or not. The fumes from melted plastics (polystyrenes and polyethylenes) are highly toxic. Many people die from smoke inhalation who are never burned at all, in fires, because so many things in our environment are made of plastics. Spend the bucks and get the modern lighting.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Jan-2006, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Happy New Year all! Hey! I had my Christmas tree down the day after New Years! Actually, that wasn't soon enough for me!

so the lights can actually burn up your fake Christmas tree too?! ohmy.gif Well that shows you how much of a dope I am! I have gotten new lights in the past 5 years though for my fake tree, does that count? unsure.gif I am always very careful though. I never leave on the lights unless I am home. Hubby always wants to leave the lights on the tree regardless and I am like no way!

Well hoping y'all are having a great New year already. Not much going on around my house. Been doing some reading and whatever else is necessary to keep a house up. When I am able, been getting my pc back to normal after the big crash! LOL That's about it.

What is going on with y'all? Any New Year's resolutions? I pretty much gave up on that kind of stuff. I never keep them anyway. tongue.gif

MDF3530 
  Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 02:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

My New Years resolution is to get rid of this gut. I've started my walking again and I will be checking the local park district to see if they have any fitness facilities that residents can use either for free or at a reasonable rate.

Last night, I received quite a shock. I got back from my walk and my TV kicked the bucket on me! ohmy.gif I tried replacing the batteries in the remote, pressing the button on the console and seeing if it'd somehow come unplugged. All I got was this weird clicking sound. So today, I went over to my parents' house and took an old 20" TV that they weren't using. I then had to stop at Best Buy and purchase a gadget called an RF modulator, which enables people to hook up AV plugs to older TVs (this one only has a coaxial cable hookup). I thought I had a coaxial cable here, but I didn't so I had to make a trip to the local Radio Shack.

BTW, when purchasing hookup equipment like AV cables and such for your electronics, skip Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Go directly to the nearest Radio Shack. I got burned one too many times by buying the cheap stuff in order to save a buck. The last straw was a coaxial cable from Best Buy that came apart the second day out of the box.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

My New Years resolution is to get rid of this gut. I've started my walking again and I will be checking the local park district to see if they have any fitness facilities that residents can use either for free or at a reasonable rate.

Last night, I received quite a shock. I got back from my walk and my TV kicked the bucket on me! ohmy.gif I tried replacing the batteries in the remote, pressing the button on the console and seeing if it'd somehow come unplugged. All I got was this weird clicking sound. So today, I went over to my parents' house and took an old 20" TV that they weren't using. I then had to stop at Best Buy and purchase a gadget called an RF modulator, which enables people to hook up AV plugs to older TVs (this one only has a coaxial cable hookup). I thought I had a coaxial cable here, but I didn't so I had to make a trip to the local Radio Shack.

BTW, when purchasing hookup equipment like AV cables and such for your electronics, skip Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Go directly to the nearest Radio Shack. I got burned one too many times by buying the cheap stuff in order to save a buck. The last straw was a coaxial cable from Best Buy that came apart the second day out of the box.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hey Mike! I thought one of my TV's went kaput as well. I worked and worked on it this past week. Come to find out it was as simple as me pushing the cable button on the TV itself! ohmy.gif Well got it working and that saved us from having to buy a new TV! biggrin.gif

Then I have been having problems with my DVD players. With all this satelite crud and hook ups, I finally got them working. I was determined to figure out what the problem was and I did! Saved us some more money, so I am good for something, eh? laugh.gif

Mike, good luck with your diet and exercise program! Hope all is well with you! smile.gif
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Whoo Hoo!!!
I am back online at home again! My modem fried and it took along time to figure it out. Had a heck of a time getting thru to Dell. Finally had to have my "guy" fix the ol' PC. I have it back now and can post from home again. I still posted from work but that makes me nervous. We're not supposed to.

band.gif

rockon.gif

toot.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey JP! Great to see ya! Don't you just hate computer problems? Glad you got yours worked out. My pc crashed about a month ago and I am still working on it as I lost a lot of stuff when it happened. Luckily I did do backups on *some* things but not all! unsure.gif So little by little I have been doing reinstallations and backups too!

I heard next year that Windows is coming out with a new software program to replace XP. It will be called Vista! Gosh! I hope it will be good if not better! Scares me when they come out with new stuff. I remember when I had Windows ME...worse software on the planet! sad.gif

Well hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon!
Dreamer1 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone!

JPadraig, so glad to see you're back posting from home! It can be nerve-wracking trying to get by with that at work, and definitely takes the fun out of it. Now you can post all you want! laugh.gif

CR, you sound just like my hubby! He always wants our tree down before New Year's, and I'm always negotiating for early January (actually February, but that's just me rolleyes.gif ) . I love having it up, especially since we don't get it until a week or so before Christmas (no sooner than 10 days before!). Seems we just get it all put up, then it's time to take it down again, and it's soooo pretty and cheering while it's with us! We took everything off of it on Jan.2 this year, per his request, though hubby has yet to take it outside. I convinced him to let me keep it in the garden, as I can use the branches for snow protection and mulch and the trunk will help to mark garden boundaries (keeps the dog out, and the kids' sleds from venturing into my flower beds). At least it didn't get added to the town's bonfire this year!

Mike, good luck with all your equipment woes! It's always surprising when things like that finally give out, because they seem so imperishable. I guess I just take them for granted. Sounds like you've got things under control, though.

Hope everyone else is having a good start to this Year! I've got to get busy and get my new calendar marked with all the important dates-birthdays, anniversaries, etc...-I'm a bit overdue this year. That's one of the first things I usually do on New Year's Day, along with watching the Rose Bowl Parade. Does anyone else love that Parade, or is it just me?? Couldn't believe the RAIN they went through this year! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Holy Cow! I'm very impressed that everything held together under that deluge, but it all was wonderful!

Take care everyone! Here's to your best year yet! cheers.gif
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]