Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

Guitarist & Singer Sean Brennan, and Fiddler Nikki Engstrom, have created something very special with their latest CD "Another Round." This New England duo plays a mix of old and new tunes that is a delight to the ears and addicting to the feet (especial those that dance). We at Celtic Radio carefully listened to each and every track on this CD and we have come to the conclusion that perfection has been made! Every musical measure is a beautiful display of just how much these folks love to play.

Some of our favorite tracks include Pachabel's Frolics - a fast, toe tapping journey into fiddle and guitar euphoria mixed every so often with a few slower classical measures - just exhilarating! Fiddler's Green is sung by Sean's strong and warm vocals showing that this group is not just about Jigs & Reels, but has the depth and talent to shine with many different types of Celtic music.

Mike Ryan's Lament, one of our favorites, is a post Civil War song about the legendary 7th_Calvary and Custer's defeat at the Battle of the Little Bighorn. Sean brings this song to life about the tragic tale of two brothers who left Ireland for the idea of America, only to meet their end at Vicksburg and Little Big Horn. A song only made possible by the emotional stirring of Nikki's fiddle and Sean's vocals - clearly both playing off each other’s talent making for a wonderful rendition of this ageless song.

So, as you may see - we loved Stanley & Grimm's "Another Round" and would highly recommend this CD to add to your Celtic music collection. The CD has a depth of songs and promises to entertain every type of listener with a mix of Celtic music. 5 Golden Celtic Radio stars for "Another Round." Just perfectly splendid!

Read the full review here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=729

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Patriot1776 
Posted: 28-Nov-2008, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Sounds like a winner then. I'll check now to see if there might just possibly be a vinyl version of this to get. Is Sean's guitar classical nylon or steel-stringed acoustic?

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
jmsos 
Posted: 26-Jan-2009, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

male

Great Stuff!!! Nice Mix of songs and tunes.Check out
little Hawk & Mick Ryan's Lament
PMEmail Poster               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

Beyond the nice tunes (which I really like) I must HIGHLY approve of the album title!!! biggrin.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I have to agree with you there the title is good as well as the album. Keep up the fantastic music. beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

Just trying to get the word out about the Free Concert this coming weekend by Stanley and Grimm. Here are the details:

"Cape Cod duo Stanley and Grimm (Nikki Engstrom fiddle and Sean Brennan guitar/vocals) will be performing with friends to celebrate their award winning CD Another Round from Celtic Radio. The Celebration will take place Sunday May 17th, 2009 at Liam McGuires , 273 Main Street, Falmouth at 3:00 P.M. Stanley and Grimm will be joined by the Sonnay Fiddlers (recently back from Ireland) and Susan Lindsay (guest artist on the award winning CD). Concert is Free. Hope to see you there!"

As you should know by now, Stanley and Grimm are the recipients of our 2008 Album of the Year award. For the first time we are presenting a gold engraved Celtic Radio Music Award, mounted on a black embossed plate and attached to a beautiful oak wooden base. Pictures are available here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=771

This is going to become a yearly tradition and if things work out right, we might be even offering scholarships either with this award or in conjunction with our yearly award program in 2010.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
drummie 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: East Falmouth MA.

male

Congratulations Nikki and Sean. Well deserved. I unfortunately have a parade that steps off at 2pm in Bellingham. Should be there by 6pm. Tell Liam to save a few chairs for the Band.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]