MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-May-2004, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Enter the Haggis sounds like a movie that would star Bruce MacLee biggrin.gif .

My favorites are:

"The Trial of Lancelot" by Heather Dale
"Bonny Portmore" & "Marrakesh Night Market" by Loreena McKennitt
"May It Be" by Enya
"An Irish Party in Third Class" by Gaelic Storm
"Hedwig's Theme" by John Williams
Almost any version of "Whiskey in the Jar"
"Amazing Grace (Tuba Version)" from the "Civil War" soundtrack (I used to play the tuba, so I know tubists relish the chance to play the melody for a song).

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-May-2004, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Rosie - I actually got to see Enter the Haggis live at our local Highlander Festival at Radford Univeristy in VA 2 years ago! They were awesome! I've also seen two other bands at the Festival, Kilt (good group, now disbanded though - what a pity! they showed lots of promise!) and a band called Brother. All have been excellent`!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-May-2004, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (wizardofowls @ May 25 2004, 08:48 PM)
Rosie - I actually got to see Enter the Haggis live at our local Highlander Festival at Radford Univeristy in VA 2 years ago! They were awesome! I've also seen two other bands at the Festival, Kilt (good group, now disbanded though - what a pity! they showed lots of promise!) and a band called Brother. All have been excellent`!

I wonder if Enter the Haggis is still together. I really love them! I really love Wolfstone too, but heard they broke up a few years ago..............figures I would really like somebody and they are no longer together! rolleyes.gif

I really love Twinflame too! Love the song Om Mani Padme Hum from Peaceful Warriors! Beautiful song!
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Emerald rose is great! The first CD I purchased because of Highlander Radio was Bending Tradition. Great stuff =)

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
dundee 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

they change so quickly....... right now i am hooked on "gereldines thinking of galway" Mckrells.... as a matter of fact it is coming right up on the request... *s*

and galway shawl by "wild mountain thyme"

and of course most of the same ones everyone else has mentioned.........
but i gotta say some of the songs mentioned really suck......*L* sorry.....
*thinking of "thumpers" mothers advice... " if ya cant say anything nice dont say anything at all......"* on that i now shut me mouth....... angel_not.gif note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Raven 
Posted: 27-May-2004, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (dundee @ 26-May-2004, 01:19 PM)
they change so quickly....... right now i am hooked on "gereldines thinking of galway" Mckrells.... as a matter of fact it is coming right up on the request... *s*

and galway shawl by "wild mountain thyme"

and of course most of the same ones everyone else has mentioned.........
but i gotta say some of the songs mentioned really suck......*L* sorry.....
*thinking of "thumpers" mothers advice... " if ya cant say anything nice dont say anything at all......"* on that i now shut me mouth....... angel_not.gif note.gif

THat's okay Dundee

Everybody is allowed their opinion (My tastes say the same as yours -some of the songs suck) but since we are such a diverse and varied group I realize that some stuff I like other people classify as suck and visa versa wink.gif

Believe it or not there are people in this world that don't like the taste of Chocolate or melted cheese rolleyes.gif

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-May-2004, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Raven @ 27-May-2004, 01:32 PM)

Everybody is allowed their opinion (My tastes say the same as yours -some of the songs suck) but since we are such a diverse and varied group I realize that some stuff I like other people classify as suck and visa versa wink.gif

Believe it or not there are people in this world that don't like the taste of Chocolate or melted cheese rolleyes.gif

Oh the horror of not liking chocolate and melted cheese! What do you think is wrong with them? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well, there are a few songs I don't like either, but oh well. That is what makes us different, eh?

Actually, the horror of it all is that my hubby came to get on the computer and he heard CR playing and he was like, "you actually listen to this stuff?" As if it was a bad! Well the nerve! He can wear earplugs! laugh.gif
snuffy macsmiff 
Posted: 28-May-2004, 02:23 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: middle Georgia

male

Hi Rose. Yes, I'm still here. I guess I'm kinda weird as I like to listen to an entire CD until I like most everything on it.

Right now I like anything by Clan An Drumma but absolutely love their new live CD: Tribal Waves. Followed by anything on their other new one: Tribal Eyes
(got to see them last Sunday at a Highland Games and they were fantastic!!!)
Sadly, these two albums aren't on CRN-yet. If you ever get the chance-GO SEE THIS GROUP!!!

My other favorite CDs at the moment are:

Seven Nations- Seven Nations(duh) and like the songs God, Twelve and Seeds of Life the best
(they will be with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in July!!!)

Searson(wish they were on here too-send a CD in girls!)-House Party(two lassie fiddlers-WOO HOO!!!- another must see if ye ever get the chance)

Wicked Tinkers-Bangers for Breakfast

Winter Storm III- really like anything on The Pipes and Drums Concert
(goosebumps!)

Wolfstone- Almost an Island

a few other artists come to mind:

Runrig-most all I've heard

Natalie Macmaster-ditto

Slainte Mhath(how do you pronounce that? I got a LOT to learn-LOL)-'tis another ditto

Now that I'm so broken hearted to find out yer married(sniff)-I guess I'll be searching out Celtic blues- laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
- W.C. Fields

In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man and brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. – Mark Twain

The state which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
- Thucydides
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-May-2004, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Snuffy! You and I have the very same taste in music! I love anything by Runrig, Natalie MacMastater, Seven Nations and absolutely love Clan An Drumma. I am looking into buying one of their CDs. Which one do you think I should get?

wow! You got to see them live in concert?! Oh I am jealous! I going to see The Wicked Tinkers in concert in July. Can hardly wait for that! I have two of their CDs!

did you post in the "technical support" forum to try to get some help about your problem? If that doesn't work, try emailing MacFive and he will help you! He is wonderful about helping! I want you to be able to get your music and in good form.............plus I want you to be happy here as I wish for all folks who come on board! thumbs_up.gif
snuffy macsmiff 
Posted: 28-May-2004, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Aye ye bonnie lass, I just knew you had good taste! And of course, great minds always think alike! wub.gif Really, either of the new ones would be a great choice. I so wish they were available here on CRN. And the first and second albums are just as good. Of course, I'm not biased in the least. biggrin.gif

Tribal Eyes is their newest and it's just plain fantastic and their new live album-Tribal Waves-is made up of both older and newer songs with all that raw power they're so famous for when performing live. I suppose it's my favorite but only by a wee bit. I simply lack the vocabulary to adequately describe either one. A hearty hermit thumbs up for both! thumbup.gif
Oh yeah, they also told me they have a live DVD coming out soon!

This was the second time I've seen them. The first time was little over a year ago in WV. They just flat blew me away!!!! I have been hooked ever since that day. Then, right after I moved to GA last May, I learned via a local newspaper that I had just missed seeing them at a Highland Games right up the road in bonnie Culloden! GRRRR!!! furious.gif
So I have been waiting a year to see them again and it was well worth the wait-they even did TWO SHOWS!!!! Tu-bardh had some Native American friends show up during the second set and they danced along with him and then joined the the band on stage during the final song. I'm still speechless!!!
thumbup.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif clap.gif thumbup.gif

That was where I also got to see Searson and Seven Nations-two totally different types of music from Children of the Drum-but both of which were excellent(and I'm only about 85 miles south of where 7N will be performing along with the Atlanta Symphony in July!!!). I had no idea how good nor how long 7N has been around.
Searson consists of a father, his three lovely daughters, and another bonnie young lass that really put on an excellent show. I just wish I would have been able to hang around for the jam session afterwards but.... it had been a miserably hot and long day and I was spent.

Things are much better since I've gone ahead and loaded WinAmp and while the audio quality is really great, I still have a few dropouts-but not as much AND much less audio ads and no pop-up ads(Ooops, I hope L365 doesn't see that). Guess I'll hang around a wee bit more...

Snuffy
the now-not-so-angry king of Celtic hermits

P.S. Love yer Avatar.

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-May-2004, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Snuffy!

So you like my avatar, eh? well I have changed it a few times but I always come back to this one. It is from one of my favorite paintings from one of my favorite artists, John William Waterhouse!

Wow! You live in GA? I lived there for 14 years! I lived in Mableton! My mother's family is from there and I have lots of family and two sisters who still live in GA.

Are you a musician? My dad was a professional drummer so that is why I love music so much.

So Clan An Drumm has a DVD coming out! Woweeeee! I am going to get that!

Oh, I heard about loading WinAmp was good. I forgot about that. I am lucky. I live in a small town in Arizona but I get good sound via dial up modem and no pop-ups and no ads in the middle of the music. Now I was getting horrible pop-ups everywhere else until I downloaded Spyhunter! wow! Is that ever great! Really put a stop to me getting spyware too!

Chat with you later...........from one hermit to another! laugh.gif

PS! Oh I like Slainte Mhath too! They are from Canada, I believe. I also believe it is pronounced slancha va...........from the little Scots Gaelic that I know. rolleyes.gif
snuffy macsmiff 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Rose, you have got to be kidding me-I grew up in Mableton! Wow, this is un-believable! We lived there from when I was just a wee dink on up until the mid-80s. This is just weird or something. I have about a thousand questions Id love to ask you but... better not here.

Have you been back lately? I haven't in several years but even when I did go it certainly had changed a lot from what I remember. Still have some close friends in and around there.

I used to play electric bass years ago. Was also in school bands playing trumpet, trombone, tuba, etc.,. Was never really good at any of them so now just listening is about it.

I wish they'd had the DVD at the show. That would have given me enough reason to finally buy a player! You know how contrary us hermits can be laugh.gif

Waterhouse, eh? Not familiar, but I like him now biggrin.gif

I'm still getting a few dropouts but I suspect it's the MickeyMouse phone company we have here. Aggravating but what can you do?

Oh, hope you don't mind but I took a peek at yer pic. Wow! fox.gif thumbs_up.gif
Rather nice for a hermit, if I may say so...

take care,

Snuffy

self-appointed king of all hermitdom(is that even a word?)

PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
  Posted: 29-May-2004, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Where to start. I don't have just a few favorites, but I'll try to limit it to my utmost.

The Rocky road to Dublin-The House Band

The Rigs of Rye-Niamh Parsons (what a voice!)

Hall's Balls-Cru`ig

Eleanor Plunkett-Deante (what I hope Heaven sounds like!)

Suil Ghorm-Altan

The Highlander-Loreena McKinnett

Finn McCool's Reel-Pat Kirtly

Cragie Hill-Cara Dillon (I truly love this song, great vocals)

Johnny Jump up/Morrison's Jig-Gaelic Storm

I'd better stop before I end up doing a copy-paste of my playlists. cool.gif

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

A few posts back (can't find it now!) someone asked about the pronunciation of the Gaelic toast - Slainte Mhath. It is pronounced Slanshu Vah) or as we lowlanders say, in playful fun... Slanty Moths!
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I love ALL of the music played here! Not sure if I could narrow it done to jsut one or two favorites! Not real crazy about the song I Wanna Marry a Pagan Girl though... Nothing personal, just not crazy about the song.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]