Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

It's all in the presentation Camac:

To those unique Ladies that qualify:

Presenting a compact dynamo that will share winters in Florida while creating poetry to the beauty of all womenhood. Share companionship with an individual that is so neat he doesn't even shed. Must be willing to observe strict eating habits. Applicants' appearance will be overlooked and slight muttering will be tolerated. Only those who have Masters or Ph.d. may apply.

biggrin.gif Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

flora;

I haven't met her but I'm in Love. The woman who could fullfill those parametres would be "The Goddess Incarnate""

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy:
'So I hear you're getting married?'
'Yep!'
'Do I know her?'
'Nope!'
'This woma n, is she good looking?'
'Not really.'
'Is she a good cook?'
'Naw, she can't cook too well.'
'Does she have lots of money?'
'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'
'Well, then, is she good in bed?'
'I don't know.'
'Why in the world do you want to marry her then?'
'Because she can still drive!'

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect.'
'Really,' answered the neighbor . 'What kind is it?'
'Twelve thirty.'

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

My husband, a big-time sports fan, was watching a football game with our grandchildren. He had just turned 75 and was feeling a little wistful. "You know," he said to our grandson, Nick, "it's not easy getting old. I guess I'm in the fourth quarter now." "Don't worry, Grandpa," Nick said cheerily. "Maybe you'll go into overtime."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 06-Apr-2009, 07:58 PM)
Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

Slàinte,    

Patch    

This one's hilarious.... laugh.gif

LOA thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I am glad you liked it.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Newleyweds
At 85 years of age, Morris married Lou Anne, a lovely 25-year-old. Since her new husband is so old, Lou Anne decides that after their wedding, she and Morris should have separate bedrooms, because she is concerned that her new but aged husband may over-exert himself if they spend the entire night together.

After the wedding festivities Lou Anne prepares herself for bed and the expected knock on the door. Sure enough the knock comes, the door opens and there is Morris, her 85-year-old groom ready for action.

They unite as one. All goes well, Morris takes leave of his bride, and she prepares to go to sleep.

After a few minutes, Lou Anne hears another knock on her bedroom door, and it's Morris. Again, he is ready for more action. Somewhat surprised, Lou Anne consents for more coupling. When the newlyweds are done, Morris kisses his bride, bids her a fond goodnight and leaves.

She is set to go to sleep again, but, aha, you guessed it - Morris is back again, rapping on the door, and is as fresh as a 25-year-old, ready for more action. Once again they enjoy each other. But as Morris gets set to leave again, his young bride says to him, "I am thoroughly impressed that at your age you can perform so well and so often. I have been with guys less than a third of your age who were only good once. You are truly a great lover, Morris."

Morris, somewhat embarrassed, turns to Lou Anne and says, "You mean I was here already?"

Alzheimer's - it has its advantages.

Flora

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 10-Apr-2009, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

I realize that at 67 my Brain doesn't work as well as it use to,kinda slows down now and then. Now I have always prided myself in my use of the English Language (Canadian/British English) and I know that the Language is constantly changing with new words and expressions being added. When it comes to the grammar of the language I thought that that was pretty constant. I have been reading a book and the Author, (a well known Canadian Historian) has within the first 5 chapters started a sentence "But"etc. 8 times. Please correct me if I'm wrong, BUT, I was always taught that that was a No,No., one never starts a sentence with the word "but". Help methinks I loosing it.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 03:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You are right. It amazes me how the younger generations butcher the language. I have not noted it in books but the spoken word is not as I was taught. Since it seems to vary in different parts of the country, I suspect kids develop it as a group thing. My daughter developed several in junior high and I constantly corrected her for months before she quit using them around me. They were "you know" and "like", sometimes used togather too.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Yeah, Like, You know, Thanks Man. I like knew I was like right. wink.gif

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 11-Apr-2009, 09:26 AM)
Patch;

Yeah, Like, You know, Thanks Man. I like knew I was like right. wink.gif

Camac.

Hey, like thanks a lot man.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 15-Apr-2009, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

SERENITY OR SENILITY

Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked, 'How old was your husband?' '98,' she replied. 'Two years older than me.' 'So you're 96,' the undertaker commented. She responded, 'Hardly worth going home, is it?'

Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman: 'And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?' the reporter asked. She simply replied, 'No peer pressure.'

Three old guys are out walking. First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?' Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!' Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer.'

I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia.
Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends. But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.

An elderly woman decided to prepare her will and
told her preacher she had two final requests.
First, she wanted to be cremated, and second,
she wanted her ashes scattered over Wal-Mart.
'Wal-Mart?' the preacher exclaimed.
'Why Wal-Mart?'
'Then I'll be sure my daughters visit me twice a week.'

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turned to the other and said: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?' Slim said, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.' 'Really!? Like a newborn baby?' 'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.'

Know how to prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.

A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but its state of the art. It's perfect.' 'Really,' answered the neighbor. 'What kind is it?' 'Twelve-thirty, he replied.

It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed him to hear 100%. He went back in a month and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.' The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, 'For fast relief.'

THE SENILITY PRAYER: Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

EXERCISE FOR THE OLDER PEOPLE

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]