Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
251,003 Gold!

The longer we run this website the more web crawlers, spammers and hackers try to do evil things to bring us down.

It has been a battle keeping track of log files, robots and htaccess and wondering why our bandwidth dropped to 0 resulting in our radio streams resetting.

Today we subscribed for additional security services from CloudFlare which will protect us from hundreds of potential threats if not thousands. This will also mean less work for us which is always a good thing.

We have defaulted most of the security settings to high. If you find that you are blocked or receive a challenge question, then please post it here so we know if things are set a bit too high. If you do get blocked, and our expectation is everyone should be able to access, it might be for just an hour. So post your experience here so we can adjust the experience.

Thank you!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 20-Aug-2017, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
251,003 Gold!

We've had some reported issues and have adjusted the security settings. Our intention is not to ban members from our site!

biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-Aug-2017, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
251,003 Gold!

We have manage to successfully identify all of the bad search engines crawling Celtic Radio that was resulting in our broadcasts to intermittently go down.

Past 24-48 hours we have seen our stream become more reliable and the website is responding better.

Have also implemented some security changes, but unfortunately it is going to result in additional costs per month to keep our site safe and secure. Already it has blocked a number of malicious entities.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]