Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's Up For St. Patrick's Day?, Bring on the Craic!
togo 
Posted: 10-Mar-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Massachusetts

male

One of the most fun times of the year!

I am having my second annual St. Patrick's day party at my Celtic Pub, "Tomfoolery's" at my house this Friday.
My family and I will be attending the South Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday. My brother has a place right on the route of the parade. Always a great time.
The 17th we always go to "O'Connor's", for dinner and fun. A great Irish pub and restaurant in Worcester.

Whatcha got???
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 10-Mar-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Well -- I can teach wearing green. wink.gif
And then, the cafeteria usually has corned beef and cabbage right next to the special halal dishes for the Muslim kids.
And of course I can always tune in to CR while I grade papers. king.gif note.gif thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 10-Mar-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

I have my corned beef in the freezer, just waiting to cook, my Guinness in the fridge (though I'm the only one here who drinks real beer. The DH drinks Bud Light which is like yellow water to me) and we'll have a traditional dinner with CelticRadio playing in the background biggrin.gif

Kind of quiet for us.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 10-Mar-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Different Drums of Ireland concert at our local theatre then off to the bars. Unless of course the new grandson decides to come out into the world that day (17th is the due date). Then its handing the tickets off to soemone else and hightailing it down to Antigo.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
wdorholt 
Posted: 11-Mar-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

I am afraid I live in a "Celtic-free" zone of Minnesota. Just Scandinavians around here mostly. I'd have to go a couple hundred miles to St. Paul for a decent celebration! One year we dressed my kid up as a leprechaun, and nobody knew what she was!

I will be wearin' the green and drinking mountain dew as I have to take a pass on the usual beverages. At least it comes in a green bottle. Definitely will be listening to CR!

Robert Phoenix- Congratulations on the grandson, whenever he comes!

--------------------
Is beannaithe iad a shantaíonn an ceartas
(Blessed are those who desire justice)
PMEmail Poster               
Madadh 
Posted: 11-Mar-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

Saturday night is a BarleyJuice concert.
Sunday is the Baltimore St. Pat's Parade which I will walk with the Irish Wolfhounds.
Wednesday is work in the kilt (Irish National)
Saturday is the Harrisburg St. Pat's Parade and I again will walk with the Irish Wolfhounds.

Guinness, Tullamore Dew, and some home made mead sprinkled around for good luck.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 11-Mar-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I don't celebrate St. Pat. Day and not because I have anything against the Irish, My Maternal Grandfather was From Galway. I don't celebrate it because of my Irish Aunt Eileen. She was a devout Catholic (sickening so) who was raised and educated in a Convent, (should have stayed there and become a Nun) she never married and she drove everyone around her nuts. She had her own Holy Trinity, The Pope, Virgin Mary, and St. Paddy. She never talked to me from age 9 to age 11 because I told her I'd rather be a pirate than a priest.Thought I was the Devil incarnate. Everytime you saw her she was worrying her Rosary and mumbling Hail Mary's. Spent most of her non-working life on her knees praying. Methinks she wasn't all there. Anyway what put the icing on the cake happened when I was about 22 ( I'd left the Church at 17 so now I really was Satan) She was telling some of my younger cousins about St. Paddy chasing the snakes out of Ireland, well I couldn't stand this hogwash so I piped up and told the kids that there were never any snakes in Ireland so he couldn't have chased them away. Well up my Aunt Eileen jumps runs into her bedroom and comes out carrying her Rosary, A Crucifix, and a vial of Holy Water. I swear the woman was getting ready to preform an exorcism on me. Swift intervention by my Mother prevented a family war from breaking out right then and their. She guided me into the Kitchen to the sounds of curses and condemnation of burning in Hell for eternity. So you can see why I don't celebrate the day, brings the imp out in me.

Camac;

PS:, BTW I had deliberately pounced on the snake story.. JUst couldn't let it slide.

Blackdog 
Posted: 11-Mar-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

For St.Pat's my group and I will be performing at one of the premier concert venues in my area. The show is already sold out,it will be wall to wall people and celebration...great Craic! Unfortunetly because I'm working I have to leave the pints until the end of our show or the fingers get too slow for the jigs and reels.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Mar-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 11-Mar-2010, 10:49 AM)
She was telling some of my younger cousins about St. Paddy chasing the snakes out of Ireland, well I couldn't stand this hogwash so I piped up and told the kids that there were never any snakes in Ireland so he couldn't have chased them away.

Camac

I had always heard that St. Pat may well have been the only person in all of Ireland who "saw" the snakes! That idea could secure me a place in the nether regions I suppose.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
wdorholt 
Posted: 12-Mar-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 11-Mar-2010, 11:37 PM)
Camac

I had always heard that St. Pat may well have been the only person in all of Ireland who "saw" the snakes! That idea could secure me a place in the nether regions I suppose.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Now that makes a lot of sense! Good one Patch!
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 12-Mar-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Don't worry about ending up in the nether region, I've has a hot plate reserved for years and we'll finally get to meet.

Ironic that the Irish picked a Brit for their Patron Saint. At least we Scots picked an Apostle, St. Andrew.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 12-Mar-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Camac:

I always figured that is where I would find the most of my friends. I have been instructed to go there more times than I could ever count, and of late the cold seems to bother me. The thought of my wife is the only thing that would concern me but even she may have suspected my eventual destination.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 13-Mar-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

From what I understand they allow visitors once a year and inorder to prolong the duration of your sojourn they are allowed to bring cold water. Any visitors I would have wouldn't bring water they'd bring coal to help stoke the fires and bribe the overseers to make sure I was rotated regularly so I'd be well done all around. My Mother always said I'd roast in Hell.

Camac.

Leelee 
  Posted: 13-Mar-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Well I have to work the next day....sooooo it'll be pretty low key around here. We'll probably have Corned Beef Hash with Cabbage and Boiled Potatoes eat.gif Have a few cold beers while preparing listening to the tunes of Celtic Radio of course biggrin.gif

I can't wait till St. Patrick's lands on a Friday or Weekend....then we'll whoop it up like no one has seen before band.gif cheers.gif
PM               
Madadh 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

Went to see Barley Juice last night and they were grand. Looking forward to walking in today's Baltimore parade. If you see a fat old guy in a Stuart of Bute kilt walking a shaggy "horse" wave and say high.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]