Dogshirt 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Marti, Go somewhere that you can just scream your head off and no one will hear. Barring that, tell all your neighbors you need to vent and SCREAM your head off! Darlin', if you don't vent you will explode! So let it out! If I was there you could punch on me, but you HAVE to get it out somehow! Do you know someone that will let you take it out on them? I am MOST serious, this HAS to get out! Yell at me if you can't find someone else! tongue.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ballydun 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

It sounds like things are geeting better for most everyone!

Marti, you need to stay positive for hubby. But I know it is hard. Just send any of us your vents and we'll gladly take them! Keep the faith.

Rose- What did hubby do? Complete bedrest sounds like a vacation!
Maybe I'll have to "injure" my toe wink.gif

I am going to Estes Park Colorado this weekend for the Scottish festival and highland games. I've never been to a festival that I wasn't a vender at, so this should be fun! I think Seven nations, Seamus Kennedy, Alex Beaton and Brother are supposed to be there. They also have jousting and a lot of other activities. Sounds like fun!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hey: All of you are true friends!!!!! I have a few true friends here, and I have been able to vent here, and the good thing is, they understand that I need to let things out once in awhile!!
Hubby is fighting, and doing well!!
Keep us in your prayers!!!
I will update more this weekend, when it is not so late in the day!!!
I am supposed to help on the Clinton MA Olde Home Days, but I won't be attending all day Sat. like I usually do!!! Hubby comes first!!!
Maybe he will have the oxygen tube out by then, and he will be able to talk!!! I really hope so!!1
Love you all!!
Marti
kiss1.gif kiss1.gif kiss2.gif kiss2.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif inlove.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

We're all here for you, Marti. Thanks for the update and may the Lord continue to bless.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
MDF3530 
  Posted: 08-Sep-2006, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

Hope you're all doing okay. I'm using the internet at the library right now. I've been applying for several jobs online and emailing my resume.

What are your plans for the weekend? I don't have anything planned myself, besides cleaning, laundry and football.

I saw in one of the local community newspapers that the village of Midlothian, Illinois (one of the nearby suburbs) will be celebrating its Scottish heritage (it was founded by Scottish immigrants) with a fair on the 30th, so I may go to that. I've also added it to the CelticRadio calendar.

Here's the hyperlink in case anyone's interested: www.villageofmidlothian.net/SFIndex.htm

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
gwenlee 
Posted: 08-Sep-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Good evening all

I hope everyone is doing well. Tomorrow is my anniversary, 28 years to the same man. We went out for dinner tonight as a pre-celebration. I look back and it doesn't seem like I've been married that long. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and great kids.

Tomorrow the Atlanta RSCDS has a social. It is going to be a technique class called above the waist. I wonders if that means we will be sitting down in chairs? Hum, I'll let you know.

My daughter that has MS is doing well. Her doctor is going to start her on Tysabri in November. Does anyone have a family member on that medication? We are a little nervous about changing medication, but her doctor said it would be best for her to change. His concern is her spinal cord. She has lesions throughout the spinal cord, which is not good. Sooo if any of you have an opinion on this drug or know someone on it let me know what they think of the drug.

Marti and CR I think of you two often and say a prayer for you too.

MD good luck on your job hunting. What kind of work are you looking for?

I got a new computer with speakers so now I listen to the music. I haven't been able to enjoy the music for a year.

On Monday the history channel will broadcast a program called Bravehearts Scotland. Check your local listings.

Well I have to go. Take care and have a great weekend.

Gwenlee

briantheflute 
Posted: 09-Sep-2006, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

Bail o Dhia oraibh! Greetings everyone!

I've really missed writing to you all, lots to tell, save that it has been a very difficult time and I've had no access to a computer, and at the moment no real prospect either.

I HAVE read all the posts since I last visited and first I must send my prayers and best wishes for those of you, and loved ones who are not well. It seems like some of you are having a very rough time.

I can't stay on but will try to write properly soon.

All love and peace to you, God Bless!

Brian smile.gif xxx

--------------------
My peace I give you, unto you I give my peace. (John 14:27)
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 10-Sep-2006, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

A chairde, Dia daoibh! Hello there!

I just looked at the date and thought that this is a very sad day in world history.

Those terrifying eventst shaped a world that none of us dreamt of, and for many of you, dear friends, it must have touched in ways beyond comprehension.

I cannott write anything that will ease any pain or suffering you might have gone, still are going through, except that you will all be in my thoughts and prayers today.

All love and peace, Brian x
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 10-Sep-2006, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 08-Sep-2006, 09:04 PM)
MD good luck on your job hunting. What kind of work are you looking for?

Any kind that'll give me a paycheck and health insurance.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 11-Sep-2006, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi all.....it's been awhile since I've been here and I have been trying to catch up. Everyone has so much going on. With some, life is going well, and with others, it is a rough road. What a blessing that all can come here to give or receive encouragement from each other. What a special group of people we have here.

Take care, my friends, and God BLess.....BGL
heart.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 12-Sep-2006, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone, we finally are having a break from the heat here in Georgia. I have a day off which is unusual for me during the week.

I hope Marti and CR are both doing well. You continue to be in my prayers.

I'm starting to prepare for the final two games for our clan this year. I have a lot of planning to do. I am going to camp at Stone Mountain during the games. I'm taking the whole week off and I will be helping to set up at the games.

I finally got my daughters pictures from the wedding. Now I have to chose the ones I want for an album.

I got my passport applications this week. I hope to be going to Scotland next year. My youngest is in the running for a trip to Scotland next summer.

Well I have to go.

Take care

Gwenlee

CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Sep-2006, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. Sorry I have not been around.

gwenlee! How is your daughter doing? I don't know what meds my niece who has MS is on. My family in GA is very poor at keeping in touch. They mean no harm, but tend to take every one in the family for granted and I can get pretty livid about it all..if I allow myself! Keep us posted on your daughter though, will you?

Hey BGL! It is a very special group here and especially to know that no matter how long some of us are away, we are never forgotten but excited to hear from one another. It is truly great to hear from you! Let us know what is going on.

Mike, I wish and pray for you a new and wonderful job!

Hey there, Brian! Obviously you speak Gaelic. I have studied a wee bit for awhile. I am not very good at it though. I need to discipline myself to study it better and more. Glad to see you here.

Marti! I wish and pray for blessings for you too. Keep us posted.

ballydun! We think my hubby got stung by a scorpion during the night while he was asleep..in our bed! EEP! I have heard this happening to so many folks who live here in the desert. I have yet to have it happen to me, but I am sure my time will come. He was on complete bedrest for three days..per doctor's orders!

Haynes, great to hear from you! How are the Navaho doing up there where you live?

All is well here. We are cooling a wee bit down in the desert. The good news for me is that we finally get broadband this week in this small to medium town I live in! We have been having to deal with dial up all these years and yay! Our broadband is all set up with our local telephone company now, but just awaiting the arrival of the modem tomorrow to set it all up. We can hardly wait!

Many blessings to y'all!
ballydun 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Hey all! Great to hear that things may be looking up for many of you!

Mike, good luck in finding a job soon. Don't get too discouraged...I'm sure the perfect position will present itself to you in time (hopefully not too much time, eh?)

Marti and CR I continue to pray for you and your loved ones in these tough times. God is with you always. I know it can be hard to remember that, but keep the faith!

We spent the weekend in Colorado and went to the fest at Estes Park. What a great time we had, (even my girls who complain and hate everything (they are only 6&8 so I guess it could be boring)) I was surprised at how many things they had that weren't "celtic". A lot of military displays and things like that. Is that common for festivals? I really want our little kind of lame festival to get bigger and better and was looking for ideas. Let me know what your fests incorperate into them!

Seamus Kennedy was there and he is sooooo talented. Funny funny funny and also a very good singer CR should have more of him!

Well, back to work!
Cheers beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello all!!!

I'm over at my parents' house right now. My aunt and uncle from Minnesota are coming in to spend the night on their way down to Florida, so my mom is doing one of her company dinners. I think it's ham. It'll be the second night in a row I've had pork. I had pork chops and applesauce (ain't that swell?) last night.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Sep-2006, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I was here - old doofus me got my login stuff messed up and I couldn't figure out how to sign in. Thanks to wise and all-knowing Paul I went back and fixed what I'd inadvertently messed up. Sooo, its good to see everyone here. Hey Gwen, I'm sure we'll see you at the Highland Games in Stone Mountain in just a couple of months. Last year was such fun, and my family and I really enjoyed meeting you and your family! Lauren's boyfriend is still enjoying the kilt he bought.

I am having a blast here on our little 'farm' out in the country. Would you believe I actually helped my husband put up over 300' of fence?!? I'm talking helping, too, not just standing there supervising (which he says I specialize at - rolleyes.gif ) We dug 12" post holes with an auger and bit connected to our wee Kubota tractor, stretched the wire using two 2x4's & bolts, and attached the fence to the posts with HUGE staples and to the metal T-posts with clips. My poor fingers are scratched and calloused but by golly we have a fence now. Our dear brother-in-law and our kid Lauren have helped a lot too; there's about 2 acres fenced now.

Then over two days this week, I primed and painted the spare bedroom to turn it into a studio. I am SOOO GLAD to have a studio again, its almost gotten me depressed not having a place for my drawing table and pastels. The walls in this room are now a warm yellow and inbetween posting here I'm bringing up my stuff from the basement... drawing table, pastel boxes, Aragorn poster (gotta have my here!)

TTFN
a soon-to-be exhausted Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]