Posted: 17-May-2005, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: The Mile High City Baby!!

female

Well get a load for this Annabelle and I are realted!! biggrin.gif
I'm a Gordon thru the Lowry surname. My 3xs great grand father added an "E" when he came to America with is Irish bride.

See I knew I liked you for a reason! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

Have a day!!!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet again!!

"Always shoot for the moon, that way if you miss you'll always land amoung the stars." -Tiffany Norton-Islas

"An it harm non do what you will"
PMEmail Poster               
Ride a Cowboy 
Posted: 08-Jun-2005, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Alberta, Canada.

male

Sept related through and through on me Fathers, Fathers side... Kay on me Fathers, Mothers side. Hamilton on me Mothers, Fathers side, and Malcom on me Mothers, Mothers side. *sigh*

Couldn't hide if I wanted tae. tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 21-Jun-2005, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Celeste don't say that real loud! Being related to me may not be a good thing!

biggrin.gif

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste 
Posted: 22-Jun-2005, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: The Mile High City Baby!!

female

well I can't think of anyboy I would rather be related to! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
HighGravityBrewer 
Posted: 24-Jun-2005, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Lubbock, TX

male

QUOTE (Celeste @ 17-May-2005, 10:05 AM)
Well get a load for this Annabelle and I are realted!! biggrin.gif
I'm a Gordon thru the Lowry surname. My 3xs great grand father added an "E" when he came to America with is Irish bride.

See I knew I liked you for a reason! biggrin.gif

I am in the middle of searching for my heritage. I am a Lowry by surname but have heard and read conflicting information that has me confused as to weather I am member of the House of Gordon or am a member of the Clan MacLaren. Can anyone help me out with more probable information. I am thinking about doing the DNA search to see which I am. I wonder if they can use my paternity test results for this or if they will require more? Anyways, I am glad I found this site and I sure hope it helps me out.

Hope you guys can help, John William Lowry, Jr.
PMEmail Poster               
Vafuth 
Posted: 10-Feb-2008, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: New York

male

Greetings all. Aitchison Sept here...

I found the page for NYCs Tartan Day parade....the list of participating clans is sorely lacking Gordons... theres only one wee Gordon pipe band and an additional lone piper.

http://www.tartanweek.com/
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
skye10 
Posted: 24-Feb-2008, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey you all!
I am Mary Joe Gordon McQuestion. I have belonged to the House of Gordon. I am active in Clan Donald as my husband is part of that clan from the Isle of Skye. As so many of us, both of our families started out in Scotland, moved to Northern Ireland and on to US and Canada.
We were lucky enough to go to the International Gathering of the House of Gordon in 2000. The festival was held at Huntley Castle. It was quite a place. Long story about what happened at another time. We also went to The Isle of Skye where we visited Jack's "castiel." It is a pile of rocks on the shore. It is next to the house where Flora McDonald died.
While attending the parade in Huntley I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Most were older men and looked like my dad and brother. I started crying. They both died many years ago.
My father came from a long line of Dr.s. His dad was a Dr. and eight of his brothers were the same. He got his medical degree and then a doctorate in theology. I have traced his branch back to Chester, SC. for sure. When I started the search I didn't even know my grandfathers first name. I friend on myfamily.com found my father's name on an 1880 Census report in Bond County, Greenville, Illinois. It was there that I found out they had roots first in SC and probably before that in Va. As you know the Scots and Irish believe in freedom and the Gordons started the North West Treck to escape the Civil War. They went first to Huntsville, Al., then to Mississippi, Arkansas and on to Illinois. I found my grandfathers bio on the same Bond County site. It could have been written about our whole family. If any of you are interested I can send it.
My dad went to medical college in St. Louis and my half brother was born there. They moved to Texas and his 1st wife died. He remarried and she died in childbirth having my brother. So wife number three was who I lived with. I wish I remembered more of his stories as the ones I do remember have turned up in the web articles I have found.
DNA My husband has had it with Clan Donald and he is cousins with many of the different spellings of McQuestion. We have a very active web site and much research has come through our expanding site. We started with about 20 members and now have hundreds.
Anyone going to the Clan Gathering 2009 in Edinburgh?
PMEmail Poster               
darklighter 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

female

Cool Gordon Clan mugs if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-Pair-of-Gordon-Crest...1QQcmdZViewItem
PMEmail Poster               
TexanScot 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

Hello to all Gordons from the Huntley family!

I am in Texas. I have done a lot of research on the family and it is so very interesting and exciting.
I am looking forward to the Texas Scottish Festival and Highland Games in June in arlington. anyone else in the area?
Hoping to have my first kilt by the festival. Too poor right now to get a truly authentic kilt right now, but i found a great company that sells really great and really CHEAP kilts.

Stillwater kilts

An Gordonach! An Gordonach!

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]