Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Father.......christmas, not frightening at all!
Copar aBeannichte 
Posted: 19-Aug-2005, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: The Hague , The Netherlands

male

October 11th 1992,
my father died of a heartattack at 49 years of age, leaving my mum, my two younger sisters and me.
It was my granny's (mothers'side) birthday and my dad would not come with us because he felt a bit feverish. He told us to visit her , he would be allright.
After some time at my granny's home I felt the urge to go home and told my mum. She thought I was being a bit funny and said we had not been there for long. We stayed but the strange feeling stayed.
When we did come home later in the afernoon we found my dad in his bed lifeless.

Christmas that year we celebrated(?) at my youngest sisters' house with other members of the family. After dinner we had to go home to walk the dogs and my mum and I went home. When we came in the livingroom there was the unmistakable scent of a candle that had just been blown out.
The neighbours were not at home , so it could not come from their place.
We looked at eachother and said the same at the same time : " Dad's been here !"
We were sure it was him and felt he was still very close to us and the house.

Unfortunately I had to sell the house last year and with doing so I lost , apart from a wonderful old house, the place where my dad might still be. Still he will allways be in our hearts forever more. With the little money I made from the house I decided to design and register a tartan which is a tribute to him and a symbol to the closeness of the family.

--------------------
The kilt is my delight!
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 19-Aug-2005, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Welcome, Copar!

I'd hate to have to part with the family house as well...I can just imagine how hard that must have been for you. The tartan is a wonderful tribute to him, and very original! Wish I would've thought of that. The idea might still come in handy. wink.gif

Who knows? Maybe your father will be able to follow you and your family to their new home. Stranger things have happened.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ghost 
Posted: 19-Aug-2005, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful tribute to the memory of your father. I'm sure your family will appreciate it as your father lives on in your hearts!
PMEmail Poster               
Copar aBeannichte 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

male

Dear Sekhmet and Eventide,
Thank you very much for your kind words, they strengthen the feeling that I did the right thing. My family is very proud of the tartan eventhough they are not Scottish. My dad loved the pipes & drums, and I have been with a pipe band as a dancer since I was 14, so they know what it is all about. My dad will always be very near to us no matter what.
Marc.
People say: times are bad.
We are the times
The times are
what we make of them.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

This is your tartan in your avatar? Very distinctive. A rare tribute, and you yourself know how pleased and moved he would be by it if he knew.

Being scottish has little to do with it. Scotland and her music work their will on people -- if they're very lucky. My father wasn't scottish either, but he spent World War II stationed in the highlands, and it changed him. We loved each other very much, but there was always a communication difficulty between us, until I stopped trying to look straight at him and understand him, but instead begin to look at what he loved. Now I know him better than I ever did when I was young and he was alive, through this music and this culture.

The house is one thing -- but you made a home for his memory in a new creation within an ancient and loved tradition. That was inspired, really. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Copar aBeannichte 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

male

Dear Stoirmeil,
This is indeed the tartan, there is a dress version as well.
I had the same thing with my dad, communication did not allways go well.
But through the years we look different upon things. We used to talk for hours until late at night, but we just had different vieuws. In spite of that the respect , due to the long talks, seemed to grow and there was the basis of love , wich helped a lot.The fact that we still miss people after they have died is a good thing,
it means that they meant a lot to us when they were alive. Love surpasses death that is for sure.
I feel indeed very lucky that Scotland has grabbed me this much, it is something that goes terribly deep and the kindness and hospitality of the Scots give me goose bumps every time I think of the moments I had the honour to be amongst them.
This year I made the tour to the vaults in Edinburgh and I must say they gave me goose bumps too, but for a completely different reason!
I was glad to get out of them, they did not offer a very welcoming atmosphere, two minutes after entering them my mouth went all dry.
I do not mind gosts or certain energies, but I am frightened when they are unfriendly or even evil. From what I understood, most of what is in the vaults is to say the least not allways in a friendly mood.
Anyway, thank you very much for your reply to my topic, lovely to read that there are so many similarities in relations that people have as children towards their parents.
Tioraid,
Marc.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]