Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,081 Gold!

Background: The surname `Dunn' is common in the eastern Lowland regions of Scotland, and is said to be derived from the land of Dun, a fort in Angus not far from Montrose. The Gaelic word `donn', meaning `brown,' was and is as common a nickname in the Highlands of Scotland as it is in several countries (in their respective languages) in the world. Brown eventually became a Scottish surname in its own right; so did Donn or Dunn, with Dunn becoming the more prominent spelling. The variation `Dunn' was an early form of the word, meaning in English, `dark' or `swarthy'. Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Robert Dunn was a Loyalist who settled in Nova Scotia in 1785. Stephen Dunn was also a Loyalist who settled in Nova Scotia in 1784. Michael Dunn settled had in Stormont County, Ontario by 1871. John Dunn sailed to Maryland in 1668..

Variations: Dun, Dunn, O'Duinn, Duinn, Doinn, Dunne, de Dun, O'Dunn, O'Dunne.

More Info: Read Full Family History and view the Coat of Arms

Discussion of this family is welcomed.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]