MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Aug-2003, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

A tourism reminder if you're going to be in the Chicago area on Saturday, September 13, and Sunday, September 14...

7th Annual Celtic Festival Brings Distant Lands to Chicago

Span the globe without leaving Chicago at the 7th Annual Chicago Celtic Festival. This festival wraps up the summer with music hailing from Brittany, France; Galicia, Spain; Nova Scotia, Canada; Scotland; the Isle of Man; Cornwall; Wales; and across the United States.

Join the festivities Saturday, September 13 through Sunday, September 14 from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. in Grant Park, located at Columbus Drive and Jackson Boulevard.

Celtic music enfolds a variety of rich cultures as various geographical areas contribute diverse backgrounds and flavors of the music. Celtic Fest Chicago celebrates this long history with music and traditions that date back to 700 B.C.

Cherish the Ladies will headline this year on Sunday night at the Petrillo Music Shell. These captivating musicians blend a compelling mix of jigs, reels, airs, folk songs, and ballads of love and longing. Their CD, ?The Girls Won?t Leave The Boys Alone,? features a long list of well-known Irish artists.

Celtic dance and traditional storytelling join the great array of musicians featured on more than ten stages and tented areas. The Celtic Art Fair contributes to this delight of the senses with artisans from all over the world who sell their hand-made jewelry, sweaters, ceramics, glass, paintings and more.

The festival also includes a children?s area with ?mini Celtic games,? food from a myriad of nations, a Strong Man Competition, free workshops at DePaul Center, the ever-popular bagpiper?s circle and much more.

Here is the URL:

Chicago Celtic Festival 2003

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 18-Aug-2003, 03:54 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 18-Aug-2003, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

MAN, I wish I had the extra time to head over for this one! That's right after I get back from the Kansas City Irish Festival.

THERE'S a job! Travel the country hitting the Festivals and critiquing them for news agencies!
thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 20-Aug-2003, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I was able to see Clann An Drumma perform this past week-end at the WV Highland Games and Celtic Festival. They are a very energetic group. biggrin.gif They performed out in the open under a big tent so I was able to get a front row seat. Wow! My ears are still ringing! band.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
RICH 
Posted: 01-Sep-2003, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: San Jose, California

male

If I remember, Chicago was never short of Celtic activities. I can remember on Sundays at noon on WGN-TV there was an amateur hour show and it always had several Irish Step Dancers tapping away. clap.gif

And I remember the old Chicago Stock Yards Kiltie Pipe Band......... wheelchair.gif

I'm not from Chicago nor did I really grow up there. My Mother is from the south side of Chicago and we would go back to my grandmothers most summers and also stay there when my dad went overseas. wub.gif

Still have tons of relatives in the area. Haskell Harr, a famous percussion instructor taught music at Thornton High School. Well, I'm drifting... oops.gif

Thank you for the URL for the chicago Celtic Festival. thumbs_up.gif

I'll have to get my cousins to go and check it out. cheers.gif

RICH
Royal05.gif

--------------------
The hardest day was yesterday!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]