> Joys And Concerns
lisarn 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

female

I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly....but I would love to know where you got the icon of the crown to the left of your posts. That looks great!
Lisa
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

A lot of us were raised to never complain, never explain. Which is fine as long as people remember that problems don't go away just because people aren't talking about them...

Yeah, it makes me really angry. One of the difficulties I've had with the church we go to. Even if they ask how things are going and you tell them, their response is - oh, that's too bad, well have a nice week - and off they walk.

And it is all so silly. The only people who do not suffer in some way at some time are the ones in pertetual denial. Why don't we all assume each other is carrying some kind of cross and never assume their life is hunky dory and then all of mankind might all be a little more compassionate. Ooopss.. got that sneaky old sopabox out again.

Rose, PM me anytime you want to talk and I'll take you up on the same.
Peace and Blessings to you.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (lisarn @ 17-May-2006, 08:03 AM)
I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly....but I would love to know where you got the icon of the crown to the left of your posts. That looks great!
Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Do you mean the crown to the left of Rose's posts? That comes when you become a celtic founder which is you pay to suport the site (a whopping ten bucks a year I think, a bargain at twice the price) Plus there are other amentities.

If you mean the crown by mine, that is by choosing the Welsh nation to belong to.

If I didn't answer what you were asking, post again. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Lisa

Hello Lisa! Welcome to Celtic/Highlander radio! This is a terrific site and you will meet some very special people here as I have through the years. Made some very close and loyal friends as a result! I hope you are able to do the same. I will pm you about the crown and how to obtain it.

Elspeth, feel free to pm me anytime as well! wink.gif smile.gif I will do the same to you!

Hugs, Rosemary
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 17-May-2006, 08:14 AM)
I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly....but I would love to know where you got the icon of the crown to the left of your posts.  That looks great!
Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Do you mean the crown to the left of Rose's posts? That comes when you become a celtic founder which is you pay to suport the site (a whopping ten bucks a year I think, a bargain at twice the price) Plus there are other amentities.

If you mean the crown by mine, that is by choosing the Welsh nation to belong to.

If I didn't answer what you were asking, post again. smile.gif

Oh now I didn't think about that, Elspeth. You have to have over 200 posts to be able to chose what country crown you want, right? unsure.gif

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Jun-2006, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

And when you DO get a crown, we all have to call you Queenie Beanie!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm danged near giddy, thinking of moving to the country this weekend. Yippee!!! If I wasn't so old, I'd do a cartwheel or something. As it is, I'll play it safe and just spin around in this chair in front of the computer...

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jun-2006, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

bwahahahahhaha, SB! Good one! How the heck are you? I have been thinking about you a lot lately with your moving and all. I bet you are exhausted, but excited too, eh?
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Apr-2007, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

So exhausted its taken me a full 10 months to reply here jawdrop.gif
I can't believe it! What a wonderful thing it is to be moved now, but I'm amazed there is so much more work to be done. I don't get online nearly as often as I once did, mainly because we have slow-mo dial-up and I either get kicked offline or things take so long to get to my time on the computer runs out. Maybe DSL will be out here before too long.

Tattie bye!
thumbs_up.gif Siobhan
PM               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,139 Gold!

Received the following e-mail this morning:

URGENT Prayer request for Geo and Shirley Anne Imrie
We've asked for your help for these two extraordinary people before, and we
again need everyone who can to send prayers, good energy, healing light, and
comforting thoughts their way. Things are not going well. As a complication
from cancer chemo, Geo developed a HUGE bedsore that is infected and will be
undergoing a risky experimental operation to clean out the infection and
hopefully give him some relief from the massive pain he is living with,
which nothing seems to be able to relieve except a near-fatal dose of
morphine, which he is getting at bedtime in order to let him sleep. Due to
the intense pain he has pretty much lost the will to live, understandably.
Shirley Anne is herself at risk of permanent damage to her health from the
constant stress and anxiety of trying to advocate for his care and agonizing
over what he is going through. She collapsed recently and had to be
hospitalized herself for over 24 hours, and has been warned that she has
passed the point of nervous exhaustion. She is feeling extremely depressed
herself. She has asked specifically for help from everyone who can spare
some energy in their direction.

The Imries live in Scotland, but Geo has been transferred to a hospital near
London for his operation. Thank you, everyone!

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

sad.gif Oh my, what a difficult situation for them both. I sure hope the Lord sends them some confort and relief soon.

SB
PM               
Haggishead 
Posted: 04-May-2009, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

Concern here: Our church just completed a new building to the tune of around $750k. Their next act was to fire me to pay for it. I am now part of the somber unemployed. Prayers are appreciated as I pray for all of the others here in the same situation.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 02-Jun-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Oh, Haggishead I will pray for you. I am so sorry. I hope that God will be so present to you and show you where He wants you to be now. I know He has good things planned for you, cause He said so smile.gif

I have a prayer request. I haven't been on in a long time! Things have been hectic and stressful beyond imagination and it has been really dark for me. I have been suffering from depression for a long, long time. However, the demands of raising two small children who are 13 months apart and handling a husband who is difficult a lot of the time has been more than I can handle. To make matters worse, my children are both pretty difficult to handle on good days. They don't sleep well, so I don't sleep well either. They fight constantly and whine even more than that. They are fine when they are apart from each other. But together they are a nightmare. I struggle with wanting to leave, with wishing I had not had them and several other things. My faith is very shaky. It seems that whenever I pray out loud, the opposite thing happens. May sound a little silly, but it is true. It literally happens almost every time I pray out loud. I have much better success if I just pray in my head, lol. I feel like my family is just under a heck of a lot of attack. We were investigated by CPS b/c my son has eczema and someone from our church reported him b/c of his rashes (even though he has meds for it, etc). So now I don't feel safe at our church. That bible study was the only relief I got from my kids, once a week, b/c we only have one car & limited finances so I am home alone with the kids every day. Now that has been taken away from me, it feels like. Thankfully we got CPS off our backs with hardly any hassle, praise God. My younger child (Russell) has developmental delays, and so he may be able to get free child care which would help a lot. But I am torn. I want them to be with me, but I don't want to see them and really need time away from them for my health. Now that the CPS investigation is over, I can go try and find free mental health help/meds. I have tried twice to get help at two different places and they wouldn't give it to me (1st one) and couldn't afford it (2nd one). I have no health insurance. Our kids finally got health insurance, thankfully. But that has taken a chunk out of the paycheck (as I am sure you all know!). We are so lucky. We are all relatively healthy. My husband has a job still and it doesn't look like he will be let go unless things get much worse in this country. Given that he is British, if that happens we can possibly head over there. We have many other blessings and I know that God will provide for us. Hopefully He will come back soon and end all this mess we are all going through! But I would appreciate prayers being sent our way!

I miss being on here and hope that I can find my way back here a lot more often!

Thanks, guys.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jun-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

You will be included in my prayers. It seems the list is longer each day. My children were close in age and There was a lot of competition. As they got older (5 and 6) it was easy to develop a system to help eliminate the rivalry. Hang in there and try to find quality time for yourself too.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Jun-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

So sorry to hear this news Haggishead. Your in my thoughts and prayers keep us posted.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 22-Jun-2009, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Hey Patch and all,

Thanks for the prayers! They have helped tremendously. I have been on meds for a little over a week now and I am almost back to normal. I would love to hear any and all advice on sibling rivalry and anything else - especially sleeping tips, lol! We have moved both of the kids into the same room now. It hasn't stopped the middle of the night waking up, however sad.gif That and the sibling rivalry is causing me some headaches, but other than that things are a lot better. I hope that everyone else is doing well.

God bless,

Susanna
PMMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]