Posted: 10-Apr-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I've been jamming with these local guys for about a year now. I decided to take some video with our little Canon Powershot last weekend, and this is how it turned out. It all takes place in Jay's little shed, which we just barely fit into, considering Josh's full drum kit.

**Warning***

If you don't listen with headphones, or a PC audio system with a subwoofer, you will only hear the two guitars and some cymbals. Please be kind to the Bassist and Drummer and wear headphones. wink.gif

Jay (maple Les Paul, lead guitar line, solo, occasional vocals)
John (red sunburst Les Paul, blue SG, rhythm guitar, solo, most of the vocals) [these two guys switch roles for different songs]
Josh (he's our mountain-man Drummer, and I have no idea what kind of drums he plays)
myself (tobacco sunburst Fender Jazz, flaming Highland Thunder Chief SHB, Bass)

This is a jam, so it's pretty loose. I apologise for some of the sloppy parts, but we usually just wing the last of every song, so we can play around and do our own stuff. And we had a few beverages by that point.

Whipping Post - Allman Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPMwzCMN3lo

Hot' Lanta jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmnDCUZ_5M

Little Wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSBxhOL7eI

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Apr-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hi oldraven. I enjoyed these videos. I thought all of you did really good. I hope you'll share more of them. I hope your enjoying your new guitar. Drinks and music it doesn't get much better than that in life! thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 23-Apr-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Oh, hey Rindy. Thanks for saying so. smile.gif And I'm loving that bass. After setting it up, I realised how bad my Jazz was, and went to work on that about a week ago. It's like playing a new unit. Jamming at my place is awesome for me, because I can just switch up depending on the song.

We've got a few more that were taken in daylight, but I have a stack of empties (that have been accumulating in my shop for about a year) behind John, so I'm not sure if it's actually appropriate to post. I'll have to transfer them to the shed for now, or just cash them in.

If seeing empty beer bottles littering a messy shop wouldn't be disturbing for the CR folks, I'll post them. I'll have to get some of my siblings and me playing some Stan Rogers or other folk tunes up here, to somewhat gel with the Celtic vibe. I know these blues/rock tunes don't, exactly.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]