Patch 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 05:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

We are now in all probability discussing a "dead" issue.

The general belief amongst Republicans and the majority of the Democrats is that the sweeping health care bill (HR 3200) can no longer garner enough support for passage. Hopefully any future bill will come back in a more "responsible" form. I suspect little will happen before next election. Those who must run next year now fear for their jobs, even those in what were considered safe districts.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

In all likelihood you are right; HR3200 is probably no longer a viable threat. However, the creation of such a bill, and the support of it by those in power is witness to the prevailing ideology of many in Washington. That ideology is one which sees the federal government as more capable of handling the private affairs of the citizens of this country, and a willingness to circumvent our beloved liberty and freedom when it comes to making health decisions. I think it goes without saying that passage of such an intrusive and destructive piece of legislation would be the impetus for even more government intrusion.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

I don't know why I didn't think of this before but if you are interested ( along with anyone else) go to Wikipedia and look up Canada Health Act. It will give you an idea of how our system works.

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Will do, but ours is to be NOTHING like yours! There in lies the problem.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

I realize that there will be differences but the write up shows how both Gov. Insurance and Private Insurance work to-gether in our system.

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I will not deny that there is room for some change here but what was proposed will not work and is now DOA. Most elected officials in DC feel that there is very little interest in attempting to revive even portions of it.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Sep-2009, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A senate plan now being considered would create non profit plans and fees would be charged to your present insurance to cover the cost. It could very possibly make private insurance cost prohibitive for all but the wealthy.

I am back to opposing this one too.

A fix of medicare and expansion of medicaid might be financially viable and again, it may not. Those paying taxes, including medicare and SS, have decreased in numbers thus too the revenue. I suspect there is little ability to project future revenue at this point.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Sep-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

According to AP the new plan would call for fines of $750 to $3800 for failure to obtain insurance and there would be hefty fees levied on health care providers, drug companies and insurers. How will this improve health care?!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 11-Sep-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

Here's the thread where we should be discussing what the current administration thinks is right for America.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-Sep-2009, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The most recent news out of the senate is that a lot of ideas are being batted around but no agreement is close at this point. If not the D's say they will do their own plan. It sounds like there is little compromise taking place yet.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 12-Sep-2009, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

Patch. Do you think they are scheming right now, and will design a bill then shove it down our collective throats? I get that distinct impression. If that happens, will we astroturfers have any recourse? I fear the only answer at that point will be to grab our ankles.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-Sep-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

From what I hear It can not pass the house in any form being leaked now. If those who are concerned contact their senators and representatives weekly to keep up the pressure it will have a profound effect. Phone calls work best but are costly though calls to their local offices work just as well. Call, E-mail and write letters. You do not have to stop with one of each That scares the bejesus out of all who are running next year. That is all representatives and a third of the senators. The rest will be concerned at least.

Things can change quickly in politics so one must never drop ones guard. The administration plan seems to be to slip something through as they tried at the start. They are busy putting out "fires" now though.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The Tea Parties and the march will be of great help. I think obama was insightful when he said that a health care bill must pass this year if it ever would.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 13-Sep-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

I think he also said that if it doesn't pass, more people will die. I'll look into that one.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2009, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (SCShamrock @ 13-Sep-2009, 05:34 PM)
I think he also said that if it doesn't pass, more people will die. I'll look into that one.

There is certainly room for at least two "schools of thought" on that one.

In the 1800's and even the 1700's people could live into their 70's and 80's with little if any medical. People only die today if they fail to seek out help that is available.

All drug companies have programs to provide their medications to those who can not afford them. No one has to publicly humiliate themselves to get that assistance. The same is true for medical care. In the teaching hospitals, the uninsured can get care for the price of my co-pay or less if they can not afford that.

Dental and vision are probably more important than medical as dental is the cause of many fatal heart attacks and vision care exposed more bodily ailments than are normally caught in a routine doctors visit.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]