Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
244,089 Gold!

Well folks, it is 9/1/02. What does that mean? Today is the day that retro-active fees are due for webcaster royalty payments. And today is the day that the rates of .07 cents per song per listener goes into effect.

I am happy and proud to report that Highlander Radio is 100% in compliance with the new royalty fee laws. Both our broadcast sponsors - Audiorealm and Live365 - through the subscription services they provide will keep Highlander Radio Licensed and Legal.  

Behind the scenes there is a great technological amount of programming and work that needed to be done to accomplish the reporting standards. Every song is logged, tracked and recorded so it can be proven to Soundexchange that we are in compliance with the new laws. That is the reason for our new broadcast software. While we were very disappointed that we had to drop our shoutcast streams, we are excited to announce that within a few days we will have a windows media stream available and we will be attempting to get listed on the main windows media directory!

Looking back and looking ahead I think we made the right choice. As I view many other webcasters across the internet I note that the majority of these broadcasts are not legal. In addition, it seems that many have decided to stream the broadcasts out of the country - however, based on articles I have read, this loop hole (which is really not a loop hole) will be closed very soon. In fact, from what I hear the owners of these other broadcasts might risk having their U.S. internet providers shut them down.

We hope and pray that the U.S. Congress will provide relief to small webcasters like Highlander Radio. But, if that relief does not come - rest assured that we will continue to exist and in the end our persistence will open up even greater opportunity to expand our site and broadcast.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 02-Sep-2002, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:) Well glad to hear you're compliant, and will be with us for a long time.  Now about that store?  
Here in Michigan carp is considered pest fish, that is good eating. They use a bow and arrow to shoot them.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Sep-2002, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
244,089 Gold!

HEhehe....I use to fish for carp when I was younger. Don't remember catching very many, but it was an adventure riding my bike to get to the pond and then usually ended up trying to get my hook untied from a log, tree branch, etc.  lol

:D
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Falachaidh 
Posted: 10-Sep-2002, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

YOU EAT CARP???????????
UCK!
Up in Ohio, where I grew up, we used to fish for them in muggy waters .. bait was some concoction called "wheatie balls". Amazing how it worked! Anyways, we caught and threw them back. Would never eat a bottom feeder!  :p

Falachaidh ;)

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 10-Sep-2002, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well in this case CARP stands for the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (CARP). Paul posted the news article below on them awhile back. From our end they are truely a panel to be despised. :{

::smileygun  CARP

You can find some of the past news here http://www.celticradio.net/archive.shtml

Below is the initial post which has a useful link which has loads more info on this issue.

Thursday, May 2, 2002

The Day the Music died... posted by the newsdesk @ 6:27 PM

A long, long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile and I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for a while....

We need your help! On May 22, 2002 the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (CARP) recommendations could become law, and if they do, this and thousand of other independent web broadcasters could vanish from the internet - forever changing how you listen to music.

Please, time is running out. We need your help in contacting your congressman or senator. Visit http://www.saveinternetradio.org/default.asp for more information about how you can help us save our station.

Please read an open letter written by this station operator to Senator Edward M. Kennedy - our representative in Washington D.C.
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 11-Sep-2002, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:D Yah, I would say hunting season on CARP is open. I need some pratice with my muzzel loader. (d)
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]