> For Ladies Only, No Boys Allowed
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 03:59 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Moonchild! I missed your birthday? ohmy.gif I am so very sorry. I hope you had a really great day. What did you get?!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I missed it too - sorry!! We've had some trouble with our Internet connection this week, thanks to the daily thunderstorms we've been having.

Happy belated toot.gif MSNCAKE.GIF

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Moon Child 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Thanks CR and SB, don't feel bad about missing my birthday!! A lot of family members of mine forgot to even call me!! ie my brother and step-dad. I got pretty much what I wanted. My mom paid for me to get my nails done, my one girlfriend bought me Miss Congeniality 2 since I'm just starting to build up my DVD collection again. wink.gif My dad bought me the back struts for my car since I need them before I go out of town in a week in a half. I also received some calls and was wished a happy birthday!!

So how is everyone doing otherwise?? Car is still acting up...grrr...but taking it to Jack (my other mechanic) tomorrow to do a pressure test on the cooling system and then were going to flush it out!! I also have to change the thermostat again but hopefully with both of these it will make it quit leaking anti-freeze!!!

Well gotta go for now! Take care all!! :hug:
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I'm having some car - well, truck actually - troubles meself! My little red Sonoma Pickup is having battery issues & currently refuses to start. But hubby promises to get it resolved soon, and in the meantime I can drive my daughter's car if I buy gas now and then.

SB
a truck-drivin' mama!
PM               
Moon Child 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

SB, you gotta hate when vehicles done run the way you want them too! laugh.gif I'm a truck girl myself. In the past 5 yrs all I've ever own is a truck but I had to settle for the car when I got it. As soon as I have a chance though I'm buying another truck!! My dream is a '72 Chevy half ton. drool.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Okay, a bit of a confession then...

I'm a closet Muscle Car devotee!! If I could have any car in the world, I'd want a 1973 Chevelle all hopped up and ready to go!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I had a 1976 Camaro in college, 350 V-8 so I know how wonderful a Camaro is... but I've always wished that I could get behind the wheel of a Chevelle! Red, please, with black stripes on the hood... and as big an engine as you can fit under that big ole hood.

SB
PM               
Moon Child 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I love the old muscle cars too but my heart will always be with a '72 Chevy!! laugh.gif The thing that sucks is that I actually had one before I got the car, but we ended up trading it for the car I have now!!! cry.gif We were just having to many problems with it. It was a 3 speed on the floor but the linkage for it was so crappy and it keep on getting stuck in gear!! Plus it was also at a time where Terry and I had broken up and he was keeping the other truck we had and he wanted to have the car since it was more reliable!!

So now I'm on the hunt for my dream truck. When I get it I want to soop it up with a 454 under the hood or even bigger!! Then get a good paint job on it and puts fatties on it!! What I mean by fatties are 50 and 60 series tires on the front and back to jack the ass end up. We had them on the old truck and boy did it look sweet!!! tongue.gif I remember taking my girlfriend for a ride in my old truck and I literally scared her in it so I doubt that she'll drive with me in the next one I get!! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hey ladies,

yes CR I think it will be nice to have my husband home. And I know the feeling on getting re-aquainted with my husband again. But I have no doubt that we will do fine.

Moon Child - my husband should be home before Thanksgiving. So after he leaves here by the end of August he will only be spending about 2 months back overseas. Then he will be home for good - at least for a while I hope.

And today I received bad news from Germany. I just found out today that my father passed away about 7 weeks ago. He passed away in Russia and no one seemed it neccessary to call any relatives - not even me. I am upset about all this. Now I even have to fight for my inheritance. Not that I am hoping for much but my childhood pictures and things would be nice to have.

I am not sure if I am crying more because my father is gone or the way I was told. By a total stranger on the phone. I am still getting used to the idea that my father is no more with us.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 24-Jul-2005, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Monarch,
I am so sorry. My heart is with you, and my prayers. I know that your hubby would also want to be there with you right now.

I can't understand how anyone could've waited this long to call you, or allowed a complete stranger to tell you something so important.

Surely they can't deny you your own things, and pictures. How could they?!? Fight for all that you deserve!

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 24-Jul-2005, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Monarch, hug.gif sorry to hear about your dad passing away!! I can't believe either that they didn't have the decency to call you or any of your other family, then it being a complete stranger!! Then on top of that you have to fight for your inheritance! Fight for it you deserve to have it and your father would probally want you to have them too! Be strong girl, we're all here for you!!

I'm so happy to hear that your hubby's coming soon to help you get through this rough time!! Just remember your not alone!!

Take care of you!!! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 24-Jul-2005, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Thanks Dreamer, thanks Moon Child.

Yes it's hard - I have to act now very fast. Someone tried to alreayd clear out my fathers account. Lucky for me - they didn't have the right PIN.

So I can only hope that by tomorrow we got a Restraining Order to freeze all accounts and everything else.

It's hard when you find out things that seems to only happen to people in movies.

It seems I don't get time to grieve - I have to make sure that my fathers posessions aren't taken away.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 25-Jul-2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

sad.gif Its sad enough to find out your dad passed away - to not have been told right away is awful! I'm so sorry, MO.

SB
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Jul-2005, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my, Monarch! I am so very sorry to just now learn of this about your father. And then for you to have to learn it 7 weeks after and from a complete stranger at that! That is horrific! I am so sending hugs your way and hope your hubby can be with you soon. You have my prayers and condolences. Take care and thanks for letting us know.

I just have to say I love trucks too. Hubby won't buy me one though. He says their gas hogs and he wants a passenger vehicle. I would like to get a Honda CRV though. I really like those.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. I am still in physical therapy and they are working my butt off!

Glad you had a great birthday Moonchild.

Hello to everyone else!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 25-Jul-2005, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Monarch, my heart goes out to you. It is so hard to lose your dad, and you learned of it in the most heartless way. Just hold on, my friend. We are all sending you lots of love. Thank goodness your hubby will be home soon. You need him to be with you. hug.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 26-Jul-2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

I thank you all for you condolences and my heart warms with your concern. I thank you all so very much. hug.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]