Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> With A Hey-nonny-nonny And A…, Greetings from the Heart of America!
Hamish ruGlamis 
  Posted: 22-May-2007, 02:25 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Kansas City, KS, USA “The Heart of America”

male

God gi’ ye god-den!

My cognomen is Hamish ruGlamis, and I manifest of one of the the spirits ghost.gif(“ghaisties,” as Robbie Burns would say) of Glamis Castle. In this portion of cyberspace, I am a lost soul, wandering these electronic corridors, weeping over my tragic life, and wailing over my cruel death.

In meatspace, I am a Computer Information Systems student at a college in the “Heart of America,” so-called because the city in which I live is within 200 miles of the geographical and population center-point of America. Our sister city (across the river to the east, and the one people have heard of) has a flourishing Irish Fest each Labor Day weekend; this year, I have signed up to volunteer.

I come of Irish stock on my mother’s side, and Scots-Irish stock on my father’s father’s side. My paternal grandfather married a descendant of Germans, but we don’t hold that against him biggrin.gif!

At one point in my life, I was a singer in a band.gif , but we specialized in a different kind of music— barbershop-quartet style Gospel and Contemporary Christian. We travelled all around KS, MO, IA, & NB, performing in local churches on weekends. I did this for five years, before the strain of doing that every weekend and going to college full-time during the week put me in the hospital; then I had to drop out, and I haven’t toured since. I still love to sing, though note.gif ! I sing in church every chance I get.

I also love the music they play on this site, and the Internet radio stream. If it weren’t for Internet radio, I would have gone completely wacko.gif and become a complete goof.gif over the past couple of years. It is the only thing that keeps me sane, sometimes.

Keep up the good work, all of you Internet broadcasters out there!

--------------------

Go maire tú i bhfad agus rath,

Hamish

PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 22-May-2007, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hello Hamish from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona. Glad you came upon this place. I used to sing a little Southern Gospel myself (believe me, the old Cathedrals Quartet never worried about me as competition! wink.gif ).

Hope you enjoy looking around the site and getting to know the folks here. Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 22-May-2007, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello and welcome Hamish!

Glad you found us and I hope that you'll like it here - lots to see and do in our forums, great Celtic music to listen to and the nicest people you'll find!

Have a great evening and I look forward to reading your future posts!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]