Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Serious Business: Fishing, What is YOUR approach?
Rindy 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

maisky very nice..thanks for sharing that picture. Now where's the fish??? LOL wink.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 18-May-2007, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (coastman @ 17-May-2007, 12:17 PM)
Nice Rig!! Enjoy the water with your family and friends. Have your beer when you return to shore. Beer and boating do not mix. Learn the Rules of the Road as it will keep you and your family safe on the water. Remember Saftey First. cool.gif

Thanks! I do know and follow the rules, no booze while boating. No wake in launch area. Wolf whistle and cute girls...I follow ALL of the nautical rules. biggrin.gif

Rindy, thanks for the good wishes. We are enjoying the boat immensly. I Plan to buy fishing liscences this weekend, and maybe put line on the new reels. Fishing still secondary objective.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 15-Jun-2007, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Ok, big brother - I'm jealous! We got the news that they think our boat is totaled. So, being the truly inovative people that we are, we are going to pick it up and have Tony's little brother weld it all back together. Until then we'll just run the bilge pump FREQUENTLY

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 15-Jun-2007, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 06-May-2007, 05:20 AM)
As Promised, here is "the boat Karen bought for me".  The Boat's name is "The Dumpling".  Note the comfy pedestal seats, the electric trolling motor and the fish finder.  The motor is a 30 hp, 4 stroke, Mercury with power trim.  The Dumpling has a live well and is sweeet to handle.  Now I have to teach her to catch fish.  thumbs_up.gif

Can I borrow it for a day here in a couple weeks? I just got my fishing license so that I can take dad fishing tomorrow (Just spent a while putting new line on the reels)
I won't need the boat tomorrow though since we'll have my young nephew along and we're not sure about having him on a boat yet. But in a couple weeks I want to soend a day on the river with some friends. We just need a small boat to borrow. And the idea of taking a pole with me now that I'm licensed, doesn't sound half bad either.

I doubt we'll bring anything back tomorrow. Dad said earlier he'd be happy to just catch and release.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 25-Jun-2007, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Ok, aediwen, you pick up Maisky's boat and then come up to my cabin. I'll teach you how to fish really well! I always practice catch and release - unless I'm hungry biggrin.gif fish.gif
maisky 
Posted: 28-Jun-2007, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

While I am CAPABLE of catch and release, I much prefer catch and eat. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 28-Jun-2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Same here. Hubby and I have to drive 2 1/2 hrs. (one way) to our fishing hole, so the only fish that get thrown back are the small ones.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
Posted: 29-Jun-2007, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I do love to eat them too. We can only keep Rainbow and Hybrid Trout. Must throw Yellowstone Cutthroat back. We can keep 2 Brown Trout but they are a bit harder to catch. I usually catch the Cutthroat. Just wish I could go fishing.
maisky 
Posted: 03-Aug-2007, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

My oldest daughter is coming (with her kids) to visit. We will undoubedly do some boat rides, but, sadly, they will be here too short a time for Heather and I to go fishing together. She learned to fish when whe was 3. I was a single parent at that time and simply took her with me when I went fishing.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 14-Aug-2007, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

There is Terrible, Terrible news to report: Janeymae and her boy toy are selling their "cabin". Janeymae is grieving the loss before any paperwork is done. She has my deepest condolences. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 14-Aug-2007, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

shocking.gif sadwalk.gif I need to tell Richard - so no more chance for the meeting at the cabin that you have been planning for years unsure.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 14-Aug-2007, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (maisky @ 14-Aug-2007, 05:09 AM)
There is Terrible, Terrible news to report: Janeymae and her boy toy are selling their "cabin". Janeymae is grieving the loss before any paperwork is done. She has my deepest condolences. sad.gif

bummer sad.gif
I am so sorry.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 26-Aug-2007, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 06-May-2007, 05:20 AM)
As Promised, here is "the boat Karen bought for me". The Boat's name is "The Dumpling". Note the comfy pedestal seats, the electric trolling motor and the fish finder. The motor is a 30 hp, 4 stroke, Mercury with power trim. The Dumpling has a live well and is sweeet to handle. Now I have to teach her to catch fish. thumbsup.gif

Maisky,

I was very glad to hear that you got your boat. I was, however, a little disappointed to hear your name for it. I thought you would have called it:
"Dupont Lure" tongue.gif

Janey Mae,

I too was a bit disappointed about hearing that your are selling your Cabin. I was really looking forward to head your way and try my hand at your Western Trout. sad.gif

I know I have been away too long. My only question is; did someone save me a Beer? wink.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
maisky 
Posted: 27-Aug-2007, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Sir Richard, the beer is in the fridge! I can get more, as well. I am glad to see you back with us, my friend!
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Aug-2007, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Well I can't go too long without my Fishing Buddies. You guys and gals may forget what fish even look like. tongue.gif

I am finally working on my New Rod. It is a rod that I have had over 20 years and dreamed of modifying it for all this time and I now almost have it finished.

It is a 10' Telescopic Graphite Rod. (2 pieces)
It now has #50 braided dacron for the Rod's Tip.
8" Cork Handle with Reverse Well Grip. (Not finished yet but all is left is the sanding.
I have some size D (.45) Level Silk Fly Line.
I have varieties of 20 Soft Hackle Flies I tied myself.
I am using a Shoulder Bag for my gear because I gave my Fly Fishing Vest to my Nephew. This was planned ahead of time.
I have my Red Tin Mucilin for treating my Silk Fly Line.
A good friend of mine tells me he has an ole wooden landing net for me.
And now all I have to do is wait for the Fall Trout Fishing. And I am getting excited to get out. dribble.gif

I have been to my Local Fly Shop and told them what I am doing and they are very excited about how it turns out. I even have one member of their crew starting to design his own outfit. thumbs_up.gif

Well I hope to catch you on the water with a nice big trout on the end of you line.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]