Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Do You Want Done With Your Remains?
Shadows 
Posted: 25-Mar-2006, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Cremation, ashes taken to a place known here as the "rock" or "top of the world " and scattered during the migration of the raptures.
The place is a major migratory path of eagles and hawks.
Kind of a sky burial.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 25-Mar-2006, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Everyone in this little town where I am thinks it is a sin to not be buried. Anyway, I do want to be cremated, and have the ashes scattered somewhere, either off the cost of Ireland or a place where wild tigers still roam. Either way both are an image of freedom to me. I'm young though, hopefully I have long time to figure it out.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
sisterknight 
Posted: 27-Mar-2006, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

QUOTE (Swanny @ 25-Mar-2006, 12:11 AM)

Naw, I'm going to confess my age, but yep, I listen to John Prine. Heck, I've even heard Jerry Jeff Walker LIVE!!!!

age is just a number!!!!!!it's how you feel that counts, and right now i'd love to feel a 25 year old!! dribble.gif drool.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Mar-2006, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I want to be buried. I don't want a big tombstone, just a grave marker with the logo of my beloved White Sox on it biggrin.gif ...

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 30-Mar-2006, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Personally, I like the idea of being buried in a traditional funeral plot, preferably in a very old cemetery...but...I think I'd prefer being cremated. I'd like my ashes spread near Cape Tryon lighthouse in Prince Edward Island, Canada. That lighthouse was my special place the last two times I went up there, and I did a lot of thinking, pondering and crying there. It holds a special place in my heart, and that's where I want to be when the time comes.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 02-Apr-2006, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

I'd like to be cremated. I don't care what my family does with my remains afterwards although I may change my mind later on (not about being cremated but afterwards).

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-Apr-2006, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Music I want at my funeral mass:

"Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire" by Bach
"Nearer, My God to Thee"
"How Great Thou Art"
"City of God"
"On Eagle's Wings"
"Hail Mary, Gentle Woman"
Recessional: "Highland Cathedral" played by a bagpiper

Graveside service:
"Amazing Grace" and "Going Home" from Dvorak's The New World Symphony, both played by a bagpiper
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 12:38 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hope I don't have to experience this for a very long time, but when that time comes I choose to be cremated. No since in taking up space in a cemetary and have some silly tomb and marker, IMHO! Hubby and I both agreed that we would cremate each other and spread our ashes in the middle of the Saguaro National Monument desert in Tucson. I have always loved the desert and here I live and here I will remain. While doing so I want bagpipes played at my memorial service with songs of Scotland the Brave and Green Hills of Tryrol! Oh! I also love the song, Mummer's Dance from Loreena McKinnett. Wonder how that would go..hee hee
Like I said. I don't plan leaving this earth for a very long time, but whenever it does happen..these are my desires!
Maxie 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: UK

female

Me and my husband have agreed that we will both be cremated.Then whoever dies first the other person will take care of their ashes until they pass away.Then all being well our children will mix the ashes and scatter them over Wigtown Bay in Galloway South West Scotland. It is the birthplace of my ancestors and the place where my husband took me to recuperate after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It is a very special beautiful place to us both. I am a free spirit (could not be placed in a box and buried) and would like the ashes to be blown over the sea.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
coastman 
Posted: 28-Sep-2006, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

My funeral would be a traditional Southern Baptist funeral. Since I cannot be buried with family members buried in Alamance County North Carolina with the first grave date of 1764, I will be buried in Lower Lotts Creek Bulloch County Georgia. All of the Georgia branch of the family is buried here. Since I am on Georgia's coast it is tempting to have your ashes spread out on the outgoing tide in Sapelo Sound. Being with the family in Life and Death is a stronger bond for me.
PMEmail Poster               
fiferbob 
Posted: 07-Feb-2007, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHazel

male

[SIZE=7] my dying wish is to leave this world with a taste of the highlands on my lips either Highland Park or Teanninich 27yr old just to make sure i dont come back and haunt anyone
to be followed by a cremation service with the following music
Highland Cathedral to pipe me in
Going Home by the Shadows (much better than dire straits theme from Local Hero) to see me into the fire then
Going Home by runrig to see everyone out
after that they are to have the biggest wake they can manage and make sure i am well toasted in good malt whisky
then my ashes to be scattered on the roots of the tree at the eighth hole on Sedbergh golf course in the hope that i kill the bloody tree that has caused me so much grief when playing there

--------------------
This is my country,
The land that begat me,
These windy spaces
Are surely my own.
And those who here toil
In the sweat of their faces
Are flesh of my flesh,
And bone of my bone.

Sir Alexander Grey
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 07-Feb-2007, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

I haven't come to a firm decision yet. The idea of mouldering with the ancestors appeals to me, and lord knows we've been here for a couple hundred years. The genealogist in me wants to mark my place of burial so that future generations can find me. It's an odd sort of connection to the generations, I suppose. They may never know me, but they can at least find me. Odd, I know.

Then again, I really like the idea of being cremated and my ashes being scattered somewhere. But they'd have to be scattered though...no propping Mama up on the mantel so that I need dusting for the love of the gods. Hm...maybe Gettysburg...they'll throw a fit, but hey.

But at any rate, I know my family is going to throw a huge funeral. Tradition and all that. I can say "don't make a big fuss out of it" all I want, I know my family. So fine. Throw the depression party first, but the first relative that thinks canned organ music is a good idea I swear I'll haunt. The first one who drags in a minister from some church I never attended to pretend he knew me is getting the second haunting. If I don't blow up the casket first.

I'm going to strongly suggest them renting a camping space, because once the fire hall wake is over and the jello salad is distributed the rest of the family and friends are gonna be drinking enough to float an aircraft carrier and setting a lot of inanimate objects on fire. Bwahahaha.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2007, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh gosh, Sekhmet! I am so with you on that canned organ playing stuff! I told hubby I wanted bagpipes and he was like...who the heck plays bagpipes in Arizona?! LOL I had to educate him on that one! I also agree with your mixed feelings on letting our descendants know where we are, but then they would have access to our death certificates, would they not? I mean, my dad died over 30 years ago and was buried and I have yet to find any ancestry about him! unsure.gif
DJ Sapphira 
Posted: 16-Feb-2007, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

female

I need. to write up a living will. I want to be cremated on a pyre my ashes strewn to the wind-all except a lock of my hair- which I want put in a silver locket.

I'm an atheist, so NO preachers, priests, or bemoaning my soul allowed.

I wish for my funeral procession; each and every car to have blaring "Another One Bites the Dust".

I want my wake to be a celebration of my life, not mourning my death. I joke that if everyone but the children aren't drunk at the end, that I'll come back and haunt them all.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 16-Feb-2007, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I don't want morners because I'll be in a better place away from this place of pain and suffering. I want to be creamated and my ashes spread in the Bay of Fundy off Cape d'Or. Not quite next to my Dad who's ashes are a few miles away but close enough. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]