> Joys And Concerns
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy, it is very hard losing both parents. When I lost my mother last year I realized that I could no longer tell her things or continue discussions on topics we used to talk about or events we would keep up on. That has been hard. Plus, it makes you face your own mortality because YOU are the older group now and the next generation to die. My sisters have all realized that even more so now. My parents were in California where I grew up. I am in Arizona. Like you said, it is in the cards for me too with my family history, so yes I watch my health.

I am glad that you are doing better with your brother. I know that it is hard and it takes a very long time. I had one brother. He was 18 when he died in a car accident.

Hope you are doing well. I am in my shorts today! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Rose, did you say shorts?? It was warm here today but it was only 59. I am so sorry about your brother! You have really been through it haven't you. Yes, since I am the baby of the family I will probably have to go through my other brother and my sister. UNLESS, I go first of course! I miss my Mom so much also! We used to go shopping every Saturday she was no doubt my best friend. Its so nice to have you to talk to... smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi everybody!

I would like to request prayer for BlugrassLady! For details, please read my thread over in General Discussion entitled "Where's BluegrassLady?"

Thanks in advance for your attention to this!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Jan-2005, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Wizard, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will say that is a lot of prayers. nothing God can't handle. I may have to get a paper and pen lately with all this happening. I hope all turns out well for them. You know I think everyone here at Celtic Radio could use a prayer right now. Seems we are all troubled in one way or another guess that is part of life. Just seems to me more than normal!

God Bless you all
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Jan-2005, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Mary! It is always great talking to you too. Goodness, I just looked in on "Where is Bluegrasslady" and she really has a plateful right now. Poor gal. It is funny because I was just thinking about her yesterday. Sorry to hear the sad news.

There are a lot of people missing and I wonder if they are ok as well.

Hope you are doing well yourself. Keep me posted on your family. smile.gif
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 06-Feb-2005, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

While trying to catch up on all I've missed the past couple of months I wanted to check in to see how everyone was doing on this post and I came across the message from WizardofOwls asking for prayer for me. What a thoughtful thing for him to do. He has such a kind heart. There are so many kind hearts here and I am so thankful to be a part of this group of people.

And I agree, Rindy, that everyone here could use a prayer right now. We never know how prayers will be answered but we do know that they are. I hope you are doing okay. I am so sorry to hear of your brother. It is important to take care of yourself, I have a family history of heart trouble. Both of my parents along with my brother and sister have had heart attacks so I am taking whatever steps I can to stay healthy.

CelticRose, how are you doing? Is Irish on the mend? Am jealous that you can run around in shorts in January. I am thankful that it hit 59 here today. Nowhere near short weather!!

smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi there Bluegrasslady! so good to hear from you. All is well here and Irish is on the mend and wild as ever! She is such a Princess! LOL I am afraid I am not in shorts this week. The temps have dropped and so I am in my sweat pants to keep warm. How are things going along with you now? Keep us updated on things so we can continue to pray. Take care of yourself too!
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Bluegrasslady, thank you for your thoughts on my brother. I am at the stage where it all seems like a dream now. I do miss him. I am so glad you are back. Yes, I agree it is very wise to take care of yourself but I do also think when it is your time its your time. In the mean time lets all pray for one another can't hurt.. You let us know what all is going on with you... smile.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Today has been a good day. In fact only one day is planned at the doctors this week. On Friday my dad has to have the cat scan of his kidneys then trot the film across the street to the urologist who will check the film and decide whether he needs to use a schope for any further tests. Dad has actually stopped losing weight. Thank goodness since he weighs in at 120lbs.

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my! That is very little weight for a man! Keep us posted on your family. I hope his tests do well, Lady!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 09-Feb-2005, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I too hope for the best for the Friday tests!

Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 11-Feb-2005, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Good news regarding todays tests for my dad. The ct scan showed no problems and the scope discovered a bit of swelling in the prostate which is causing the bleeding. Meds should take care of the problem. The doctor told us he was very surprised with the results as he was fairly certain that he was going to find either some type of tumor or other abnormality. I feel that it was the power of prayer. smile.gif Next hurtle will be him recovering from pneumonia. Please keep the prayers coming!!
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

All-right! Good news then - the power of prayer can do amazing things.
Pneumonia is a serious threat, and I pray that he will get over it too very very soon.

SB
PM               
susieq76 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Hey all,

I got accepted into Meredith College! I am so excited!! (does a little dance around her cubicle) So, now I just need mucho financial aid! Please pray for that! This is such a great school, and I would love to have the experience of going to college and finishing my degree. Thanks!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]