Tourmaline 
Posted: 24-Dec-2006, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

female

Hello and Happy Holidays to everyone!

(Christmas, Yule, Kwanzaa, it's a bit late for Hanukkah and Diwali... did I miss anything?)

Just dropping in to say hi and express my appreciation for good Celtic radio. If only I could get Highlander in my car! (Neither XM nor Sirius has a Celtic station. And yet they play Howard Stern, go figure.) I love all sorts of Celtic music, from traditional ballads and reels to modern rock mixes. Bagpipes, however, are probably my favorite.

As you can see by my avatar, I am a genuine Keith, by blood if not by name! I think Great-Grandma on Dad's side was a Keith, or maybe it was two greats; I'll have to ask Grandma tomorrow. Hey, it's an excuse to wear the cool clan shirt and attend Highland Games. And Keith actually has a tasteful tartan, albeit a tartan that is extremely difficult and expensive to find. (Does anyone know of a textile mill that makes tartans in cotton or linen? It gets too hot in Southern California for wool!)

A bit about me: I'm a twentysomething college student living at home with my wonderful parents, I have one sister and no brothers, a dog, two cats and my sister's rodents. When I'm not studying for my chemistry degree, I love to read, write, play with my cats, cook, play role-playing games (yes, I am a girl gamer!), and pursue the hobby du jour.

Cheers,
Tourmaline
PMEmail Poster               
NEgolfman 
  Posted: 24-Dec-2006, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: La Vista, NE U.S.A.

male

Yes Merry Christmas Eve from Nebraska.
A girl gamer, aaarrgh have you tried playing Tribes, it's alot of fun for a multi player shooter
?
Here's a few favorite websites check them out fun, fun, fun.

http://www.scottishsocietynebraska.org/
http://www.tartans.scotland.net/scottish_heritage.cfm
http://www.scotclans.com/
http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/
http://www.macfestival.org/
http://celticradio.net/
http://www.tartanweek.com/
http://www.nycaledonian.org/index.html
http://www.beeffootball.com/

Slainte' and Failte'
Chris

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-Dec-2006, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello Tourmaline! Fàilte gu Celtic Radio! Welcome to Celtic Radio!

In my humble opinion, you have found one of the best websites ever. The people here are some of the nicest to be found anywhere on the net, and the music is simply out of this world.

So kick off your shoes, grab a mug of your favorite hot (or cold) beverage, turn up the music and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask anyone with the word "Guide" beneath their avatar. That's why we're here!

Again, it is so nice to have you with us. We are like one big family here, and we just love welcoming new members to the fold! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us, and that you will come back and visit with us often. I feel quite certain that you will grow to love the place as much as I have.

Welcome to the family, my friend!
And welcome home! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 25-Dec-2006, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (Tourmaline @ 24-Dec-2006, 11:38 AM)
Hello and Happy Holidays to everyone!

...Just dropping in to say hi and express my appreciation for good Celtic radio.  If only I could get Highlander in my car!...

Cheers,
Tourmaline

Dia is Muire dhuit, Tourmaline! (hello and welcome)

Nice to meet you and say "hello" to a fellow Californian! I hope you had a very merry Christmas and have been enjoying some great Celtic music when you've had a chance.

I wanted to let you know that there might be some Celtic music coming to XM radio - I've subscribed to XM for several years (since they started) and from what I've read last week in their posting area, they will be coming out with a few new channels, among them one that will be playing Celtic "part time". It won't be CR, but the way I look at it is, some Celtic is better than no Celtic biggrin.gif

I look forward to reading more of your posts - I think you're going to love this place, since it has the nicest people and great forums!

Have a great week and a very Happy New Year!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 25-Dec-2006, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,349 Gold!

Welcome Tourmaline. Hope you enjoy yourself. If Celtic music is your thing, then this is the best place on the net. If friendly folks are your thing, then this is still the best place on the net. "Twenty something and in college", dang I'm jeolous. That happens when you get to be an old guy. rolleyes.gif At least I don't envy the chem exams. wink.gif Have a wonderful stay.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 26-Dec-2006, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hello and Welcome!!!!!! I agree with you, I like all the music, but the bagpipes are my absolute fav biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Tourmaline 
Posted: 26-Dec-2006, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

female

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! It's great to find good music and friendly people in the same place. smile.gif

@NEgolfman: Sorry, I'm not much for shooters (although I did enjoy Jedi Academy). I prefer RPGs. Fun links!

@WizardofOwls: Good to know about the Guides, and thank you!

@Muircheartach: How do you pronounce that? I'll be keeping an ear out for the Celtic XM, part time is better than none.

@TheCarolinaScotsman: :laughs: No, trust me, you don't want the chem exams.

@Lady of the Loch: Hello, and good to meet another bagpipe fan!
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 26-Dec-2006, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Howdy, Tourmaline, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! So glad you found this place and am pleased you find it a friendly place! Trust you will enjoy this site and all it has to offer! Make yourself at home!

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Muircheartach 
Posted: 27-Dec-2006, 01:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (Tourmaline @ 26-Dec-2006, 09:54 PM)
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!  It's great to find good music and friendly people in the same place.  smile.gif 
@Muircheartach: How do you pronounce that?  I'll be keeping an ear out for the Celtic XM, part time is better than none.

Hello again, Tourmaline,

To answer your question, Muircheartach is pronounced: muir-chear-tidge - "muir", like the TV show "The Ghost And Mrs. Muir", "chear" like "cheer", and the "tach" sounds like "tidge" ( which rhymes with "ridge"), but very light on the "t" - put it all together and it's Muircheartach! Simple, no? wink.gif

Of course, Tourmaline is easy to pronounce - as long as we don't have to give it's chemical formula: Na(Al,Fe,Li,Mg,Mn,Cu,V,Cr)3(Al,Mg,Fe,V,Cr)6[(Si,Al,B)6O18]
(BO3)3(OH,F,O)4 - this would be a little too much! cool.gif

Have a very good week!
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 27-Dec-2006, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Yay, another girl gamer! I think I've played just about every tabletop game out there, and now I'm heavily embroiled in World of Warcraft (Malfurion server, Vero Clan), to the point of becoming a guild leader recently. Scary!

So do you play strictly tabletop, online board RP, LARPs, MMOs...?
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Dec-2006, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello Tourmaline and Welcome to Celtic Radio. I hope you will enjoy the music as well as the wonderful people here on this forum. I look forward to you posting. I hope you get your tartan.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Antonio 
Posted: 01-Jan-2007, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

Welcome, Tourmaline from northern California it's great here at Celtic Radio. As you can tell their are some great people here, the musics great and the forums are also. I have only been here since 10 Dec 06 but Already feel like part of the Celtic Radio family. Enjoy!!.

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]