flash139 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Pittsfield, Maine

male

I went to the annual Maine Highland Games on Aug. 28,2004. Unfortuneately the weather chose not to play nice that day as by 2:30 PM EDT the games closed about 2 Hrs. before normal due to the weather. The Weather was pouring rain from about 12:30/1:00 PM on & i do mean pouring rain! it was just as if someone had filled several 55Gal. drums with water & just dumped them. At Thomas Point Beach in Brunswick, Maine , where the games are held every yr. there wasn't much of a chance for someone makeing a day of it at the games to stay dry, perfomers, spectators & Pipe bands alike. Conversely, when its sunny, wear plenty of sun block as there isn't much shade either. The poor Historic Highlanders campsite got flooded out that day. I don't think there were as many folks there that day & those that were left in droves as rain continued to pour down. I think the Pipe Bands & other perfomers that were there did the best they could in spite of the weather.
I look forward to going back again next year & I hope Mother Nature plays nice & has a lot of sun for the day. These games are always held the 3rd Sat. in Aug.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,629 Gold!

I have attended the Maine Games for the past 3 years in a row - except this year. Purely by accident though - we signed up our kids for the Dance Competiton, received the tickets and everything - but somehow we missed the date. I think it was because we went to an amusement park the day before I somehow got my dates mixed up.

Well, sounds like it was just as well. But I will be there next year, this is a great game and one that is right along the beach at the Ocean! Bring your bathing suit!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]