> What Movies Have You Seen Recently?, Old and new
Therasa 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

female

Gods and Generals-loved it, it was an excellent movie. I had to buy it. cool.gif

I really want to see Timeline. That one looks good. I did see Time machine, I like it. My sister didn't though. She thought it was cheesy. This coming from girl who loves Mike Myers. (no offence to him, you have to admit he is cheesy though.)

I just watched Charlott Gray, I think I spelled it right. I loved it. Great movie. Next, is me and the boys renting the rugrats go wild. I think those characters are so adorable. I like that they don't have any of the sexual jokes in it. Not all of them go over the kids heads, especially since they are ten now. Gotta be alot more careful now.

Rose-bridge of the river kwai. Ilove it. It's one of the best war movies. Another war one I like is 'the big red one'. (can't wait to see the responses after this one. rolleyes.gif )

My grandmum just gave me some of her movies and in them was 'remains of the day', 'the moonstone', and 'women of valor'.

they are good movies. I watched the moonstone again today.

Can anyone recomend any other period shows.

I understan about Elvis, not alot of my friends like him. Actually I am the only one. My sister loves him too though, we fight over who gets to borrow the movies from mum's place. LOL

And dad has to check us before we leave. We keep sneaking his westerns. I loved Tombstone. I can't even think of any names of the westerns I have.

Have you seen the sixth sense, ransom, gladiator, wrong turn? I have the first three (bought them), and I rented the last one. I am going to watch it tonight. I also watched jeeper creepers.......NEVER AGAIN!!!

Take care all

--------------------
Therasa

Sweet kisses after death, are remembered
Sweet smiles after death, are recalled
Sweet voices after death, are silent
Sweet love after death, after all.

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I have seen both Ransom and Gladiator. Both were very good movies, I thought. One movie I want to see and still haven't is "The Patriot." Isn't that in the time period of the Revolutionary war? I remember very little about that period from my history classes in high school and college. Even though it probably won't be historically accurate, I still would like to see it.

have you seen Last of the Mohicans? I think that was during the Revolutionary war too, wasn't it? unsure.gif

What about Elizabeth, The Virgin Queen? I LOVE that movie and bought it. Seen it a hundred times, I think!

I liked Mystic Pizza -- good chick flick! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Celeste of the Stars1 @ Nov 30 2003, 09:30 AM)
Anyways I saw the best movie of all times yesterday. Young Frankenstien. "roll, roll, roll in za hay"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
"Walk this way...."

Delightful! And I'll never hear 'Puttin' on the Ritz' again without thinking of their interpretation...

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Nov 30 2003, 04:46 PM)
One movie I want to see and still haven't is "The Patriot." Isn't that in the time period of the Revolutionary war? I remember very little about that period from my history classes in high school and college. Even though it probably won't be historically accurate, I still would like to see it.

Its a beautiful movie, quite good as far as the story too, but very sad. And I guarantee you'll never see a real cannon again without going 'ewwww'....

(And if there are any Harry Potter movie fans here, Malfoy's daddy is the baddie in this one)
PM               
tartangal 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

Delightful! And I'll never hear 'Puttin' on the Ritz' again without thinking of their interpretation...

I love that film too.Blazing saddles is in my humble opinion a classic.

If we are talking comedy, I also love The life of Brian biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
Arianrhod 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Lady of Starlight and Petal

ZodiacVine

Realm: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands

female

YAY for the Life of Brian !!

Last of the Mohicans.. is amazing .. sorry to slur right past the history,
but!!!!!!!
Daniel Day Lewis, shirtless ,running against the background of Chimmney Rock is just worth watching! wink.gif
I bought that movie... I am a easy mark for ANYthing Native American..
all and all.. it is worth a veiwing !

In Service to the Dream..
and yes, I will make the pop corn !

Paula

--------------------
Proud member of Clan Mac Roni , CEO of The KDC

The curve is mightier than the sword ...

"He's twitching, because ,
mah axe is embedded in
his nervious system " !
LOTR
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Paula! I bought the movie, Last of the Mohicans, a long time ago too! Watched it many times too! Awesome movie and I like you, am a sucker for Native American movies anyway. I spent $35.00 on a video of Crazy Horse that was supposed to be accurate historically. Plus the lead Indian guy who played Crazy Horse was pretty easy on the eyes as well! rolleyes.gif
Raven 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (Celeste of the Stars1 @ Nov 30 2003, 09:30 AM)
How can you say all these mean things about Blazing Saddles! I love this movie!!! note.gif I'm so tired, sick and tired of love. note.gif OK I'm done ranting!! Still love me? biggrin.gif

hey Celeste

If you loved Blazing Saddles you will really love Rustlers Rhapsody.

Not near the Buzz of the Mel Brooks flick but it is incredibly funny star studded cast. Unfortunately it is availabel only in VHS. I do not generally watch movies more than once but I have almost memorized this one lol

Peace Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Therasa 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

Hello all-

Rose-
I have seen mystic pizza, that was a great little movie. Elizabeth, bought it. I loved that one. What about Shakespear in love, it was just adorable. The last of the mohicans, I believe my sister has that one. I haven't seen it yet though. Maybe I should take back all her other movies and borrow that one.

The patriot, I loved it!
Has anyone seen Biloxi blues? Matthew Broderick was the best in that movie. And I also loved him in Ferris Buellers day off. That was one of the funniest movies ever.
I just went and bought myself and the kids some of the christmas standards the other day-White christmas
Rudolph
(goodlord, lost the name of the movie, the one with Jimmy Stewart in it, the angel..... wink.gif )
Another one I LOVE to kill a mockingbird. I watched in school as an english assignment and loved it ever since.

Take care all
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

My husband brought home a movie this weekend that suprised me. Tears of The Sun with Bruce Willis. My first thought was " oh great, another war movie". I cried almost all the way thru. crybaby.gif It was a very good movie.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Last night I watched The In-laws. It was a very funny movie. One is a CIA agent and the other a foot doctor who are put together because of their children getting married. Love Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks! Candice Bergen was a great addition too! She is one funny lady. I would highly recommend this if you like comedy.
Raven 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

I just saw X-2 this weekend and really liked it but the one that suprised me was Bringing down the House with Steve Martin and Queen LaTifa.

I would recomend both

Mikel
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Therasa @ Dec 1 2003, 04:40 PM)
Another one I LOVE to kill a mockingbird. I watched in school as an english assignment and loved it ever since.

Listen, honey, you watch that movie and you are seeing small town Georgia back when my parents were kids! It is one of the best portrayals of small town life EVER, the way neighbors are in their caring for one another & kids get into mischief during play, and also in the townsfolks suspicions and prejudices... its not that way now, there are too many new people moving here from all over, so everything has changed.
My dad is a lawyer (retired now) but he says that he always wanted to be a small-town lawyer and help those who really needed it, instead of being some big corporate lawyer out to get all the money he can from his clients. Remember how one farmer gives Atticus food to pay for legal services? Dad has over the years received a shotgun, a big painting, golf clubs, and no telling what else from people who just didn't have the money at the time but had a real need for legal help. I've always respected dad for being that kind of attorney.

I watched the movie all the way thru with my hubby & children just a week or so ago, and we all enjoyed it... its silly, but what prompted me to get everyone to watch it was when my daughter and I were watching some show and a character said 'Having a Boo Radley moment, are we??' I doubled over laughing but Lauren didn't "get it"... so now, after watching the movie, she gets it.

CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

WEll, I finally got around to watching The Patriot with Mel Gibson. I am a history buff and have been wanting to watch this movie for a long time, but hubby would rather watch murder and suspense movies. So I rented this on my own and watched it by myself yesterday and loved it! Plus, I love anything that Mel Gibson does. What I liked about this movie is that while there were battle scenes, it didn't totally consume the whole movie. There was a story about a man and his children and what they had to go through during a very difficult time in history.
maryellen 
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I watched "Sinbad" with my sisters. I thought it was going to be stupid - -but it was actually very entertaining! I was very surprised.
My students and I watched "Les Miserables" the 1978 version. They enjoyed it. The ending is different from the book totally.
"Stand and Deliver" is a great feel good movie - the teacher takes a math class and makes them do Calculas and pass the AP exam. This is no ordinary class - it's in East Los Angeles with many poor Hispanics.
X-2 was really good. I loved the Mozart "Requiem" in the beginning.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]