Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

I'm not even a little confused.

You can receive serious jail time for destroying the egg of a Bald Eagle. They are protected.

You can face fines up to thousands of dollars, including-in some states-the seizure of property for hunting certain wildlife out of season. They are protected.

If you are a woman, you are protected from prosecution if, at your desire, you decide to "terminate" a pregnancy. This is called "choice" and, by the loosest of all interpretations, is "what a woman does with her body."

I cannot fathom what the aborted fetus, should he/she (yes, it is either male or female at any point of abortion) have the ability to express rational thought, might have to say about either having its body hacked into pieces or its brain sucked out through a metal straw. I can only imagine it would be "hey, please don't do this. I can be somebody."

If you struggle to pay your bills, feed your family, and pray for your children to be educated into a different life status, you are the "people."

If you do finally achieve a grand level of success, you are then beholden to the nation to surrender much of that wealth in the form of taxes to the "huddled masses", who, by virtue of skin color, national origin, or gender, should be afforded an unearned "leg up."

The Constitution of the United States is a "living" document...one which should be taken any way except literally. If an ounce of advancement to your cause can be gained by "interpretation", by all means, the founders had no way of understanding the "modern" nation.

Contrary to your inner, instinctive impressions, homosexuality is actually normal. Homosexuals, therefore, should be afforded every right that heterosexuals enjoy.

Regardless of the countless examples otherwise, this is NOT a Christian nation. In fact, all religions deserve their holy days to be recognized and the practitioners afforded the time to celebrate them. We should even teach them in our government schools. However, Christ need be removed from all possible settings. e.g., Christmas...now Winter Holiday.

When it comes to our military...there is little need for a force beyond what is need to secure our own citizens. Matters in other countries should be left totally to those countries regardless of national interests.

Our environment is the most important thing in existence. Regardless of the lack of true science, if someone even suggests that mankind may be doing something to damage the environment, then every possible connection to that involvement is immediately the enemy of the state. It MUST be eliminated. It is not the evidence that is important, rather the seriousness of the claims.

To disturb the pristine land of an area where no humans live is preposterous. Even when there is irrefutable evidence that this "sacred" land, inhabited by a rather non-diverse population of unendangered wildlife, could sustain our nations energy needs for decades, it is not worth retrieving. The land would become permanently scarred and the wildlife displaced to the point of extinction, even though real science proves otherwise.

Lastly, the government of the United States is imminently more qualified to run the health care system in this nation. It doesn't matter how many thousands of people come here from alien nations to receive health care, the system is obviously flawed since so many people "can't afford" health care. In fact, let's endorse the plethora of "debt consolidation" companies that will teach you how to "get out from under" your credit card debt so you can keep that 60" plasma TV that you couldn't afford, but damn the state of things when people "can't afford" health care.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
jesstuss 
Posted: 31-Oct-2008, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: New England

female

Now I am the one who is confused.

What is this? Your own thoughts on everything under the sun? Something you found? What does this have to do with your post title of "Liberal?" I'm just trying to understand... the points run from both ends of the spectrum, and meet nowhere in the middle. Some interesting ideas for discussion though.

--------------------
We begin where our ancestors end...but wherefore go our children?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 01-Nov-2008, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (jesstuss @ 31-Oct-2008, 10:59 PM)
Now I am the one who is confused. 

What is this?  Your own thoughts on everything under the sun? Something you found?  What does this have to do with your post title of "Liberal?"  I'm just trying to understand... the points run from both ends of the spectrum, and meet nowhere in the middle.  Some interesting ideas for discussion though.

Yeah Robert, what could you be thinking? rolleyes.gif nono.gif That is so confusing. unsure.gif All you did was state the positions we're told should be discussed on talk radio everyday (can you say "Fairness Doctrine")....both Liberal and Leftwing! wink.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Skeleman 
Posted: 01-Nov-2008, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Carolina

male

More likely than not it's meant to be a response to this thread:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...showtopic=12393

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it." - GlaDOS - Portal
PMEmail Poster                
SCShamrock 
Posted: 01-Nov-2008, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

QUOTE (Skeleman @ 01-Nov-2008, 09:40 AM)
More likely than not it's meant to be a response to this thread:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...showtopic=12393

Close. More of a counterpoint...without being a sophist. angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]